• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
In A-Map, go to the messed-up map. Go to Header, then press Ctrl+H. Scroll down to Map Data. In there, there's a box that says Map offset, replace that with a free offset, and click Save and reload map. Then test it in game!

It's not the map script at all, actually. Like Pokepal17 said, the problem is the map footer which holds the tileset info about the map.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
It's not the map script at all, actually. Like Pokepal17 said, the problem is the map footer which holds the tileset info about the map.
Ah, right. Sorry. This is how to fix it:
1. Open up Free Space Finder.
2. Get an offset.
3. Write down that offset.

4. Open up A-Map.
5. Go to the messed-up map.

6. Click on Header.
7. Press Ctrl+H.
8. Scroll down to the box that says Map footer.
9. Copy that data.
10. Close A-Map.
11. Go to the offset from FSF in a hex-editor.
12. Paste the stuff from the Map footer box into the offset.
13. Save and exit the hex editor.
14. Open up A-Map.
15. Go to the messed-up map.

16. Click on Header.
17. In the Map footer offset box, paste the new offset and click Save changes and reload map.
18. Test it out!

Years
Hi, I returned with more questions:
IN POKÉMON GOLD, how I do to change the REAL TRAINER DATA? For example, change one bird keeper and convert it on a bug catcher.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Ah, right. Sorry. This is how to fix it:
1. Open up Free Space Finder.
2. Get an offset.
3. Write down that offset.

4. Open up A-Map.
5. Go to the messed-up map.

6. Click on Header.
7. Press Ctrl+H.
8. Scroll down to the box that says Map footer.
9. Copy that data.
10. Close A-Map.
11. Go to the offset from FSF in a hex-editor.
12. Paste the stuff from the Map footer box into the offset.
13. Save and exit the hex editor.
14. Open up A-Map.
15. Go to the messed-up map.

16. Click on Header.
17. In the Map footer offset box, paste the new offset and click Save changes and reload map.
18. Test it out!

No need, I told him how to fix it on MSN :P

Hi, I returned with more questions:
IN POKÉMON GOLD, how I do to change the REAL TRAINER DATA? For example, change one bird keeper and convert it on a bug catcher.

Look for a tool in the toolbox or get a hex editor and hex edit the trainer.

Years
Look for a tool in the toolbox or get a hex editor and hex edit the trainer.[/QUOTE said:
This is the problem, i didn't troube any tool and I can't hex edit the trainer (the pokémons that have yes, but not the trainer type)

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
This is the problem, i didn't troube any tool and I can't hex edit the trainer (the pokémons that have yes, but not the trainer type)

There is a way to change the trainer type with hex or else how could a tool do it. You'll figure it out eventually with a bit of trial and error :P

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2010
Hi,
I'm playing pokemon emerald on a GBA flsh card called supercard miniSD. I serch for a Real TIme Clock fix (RTC fix) for it which can let the clock run. There is already a RTC fix which you can apply by a program called GBATA but this is onely for pokemon ruby and saphire. Does anybody has a RTC ips fix or something else for pokemon emerald?
I would be very happy if someone can give/create me a fix :D

regards pizzaM4N

theswordbuggy

Rom Hacker
Years
i need a code that gives me a item and talks before and after. i have tried tones of them and they just dnt seem to work. another thing please dont give me one that has boxset in it they dnt work. this is fof pokemon emerald and xse.

Thanks
Buggy

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
i need a code that gives me a item and talks before and after. i have tried tones of them and they just dnt seem to work. another thing please dont give me one that has boxset in it they dnt work. this is fof pokemon emerald and xse.

Thanks
Buggy

First of all,i belive your looking for a script,not a code.
Second,it would be better to ask around in the script help thread.
But keep in mind its a script help thread and not a request thread.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
I'm doing an Emerald hack. Lugia and Ho-Oh havee their own wildbattle music but I want a different song to play instead of the one they have. How do I change the music for their battle? I checked both their scripts (also checked Deoxys, Mew etc to look for similarities) but I can't find anything in the script that would control the music. I tried Sappy but when I turned the Lugia/Ho-Oh music into a duplicate of the song I wanted, it sounded strange during playback and the game freezes when the battle initiates.

I have back-up files, so I just need help changing the music. Can anyone help me?

Off Topic, but related to topic:
I know the topic title says SEARCH BEFORE ASKING but this topic is 403 pages long. I checked other topics and forums for answers, but I don't think it would be fair to ask someone to read 403 pages of 1 topic just to ask a simple question. I suggest a FAQ at the beginning of this topic to cover most of the most popularly asked questions and their answers or maybe links to some tutorials from the "Documents and Tutorials" forum. This way, people can find their already asked question without having to tear through 400 pages of unrelated questions to look for a question that might not be there. Just a suggestion.

?foʀeveʀFTW¿

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
Hello everybody.

I have a question about my Fire Red ROM.

Is it possible to add more Pokémon to your ROM even after all the spaces in unLZ.gba / PokéPic are filled? Im trying to add all 4 generations of Pokémon.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Hello everybody.

I have a question about my Fire Red ROM.

Is it possible to add more Pokémon to your ROM even after all the spaces in unLZ.gba / PokéPic are filled? Im trying to add all 4 generations of Pokémon.
The only other way is to place them over the other Pokémon.
As far as I know...

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back