• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    Omg, this Pokemon are so AMAZING! .. I love the Light Pokemon *_* .. Keep it on! Its REALLY Amazing <3

Mar876

Im So Fat!What Happened To Me?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2008
    Wow, this is so exciting waiting for this game to come out, I keep thinking that its going to come out in a very long time, as well as very soon. This game is great but come one Fangking, your'e killing us! lOl

Merovin

Dragon Master!
    Years
  • Fangking, to this day, you still remain a god.
    I will be waiting until the end for this project to reach completion!

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    InMooseWeTrust: There will be a second demo... eventually. Unfortunately, Fangking's lost some staff members, including the main scripter. This slows it down a little. Also, I believe there are some problems in the spriting department, holding it up even further.
    But I'm sure Fangking and the remaining staff are working their socks off for this - for example, if you go to their forum, you'll see they have a new Sugimori artist who's done some nice pictures of a few Pokémon.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Wichu said it, so I don't need to. Sorry everyone, progress is poor due to staff casualties and such. Stuff is going on, but I also have a job :P

Will be with you soon enough. I've been breaking promises for about 2 years anyway, so all this is nothing new.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • This is why it's better to have a small number of people who can all do a little bit of everything (like me and Hall Of Famer). You get stuff done faster that way.

That and having many specialized staff members will cause all kinds of problems.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • It's mostly a lot of casualties in one area. Not many redesigns are happening as a result and so we're shy on sprites. I've fixed most of the coding problems myself, and Wichu's kindly helped me out as and when appropriate :)

It all hinges on the designs.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • I would just release the game as it is (with sprites ripped from the games, or even rough sketches) and worry about fixing them later.

I've noticed people appreciate your game more if you actually have demos for them to play, even if the demos are glitchy and of poor quality.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    I would just release the game as it is (with sprites ripped from the games, or even rough sketches) and worry about fixing them later.

I've noticed people appreciate your game more if you actually have demos for them to play, even if the demos are glitchy and of poor quality.

eh, i dont really agree. i think that people might get turned off by the glitchy and poor quality-ness.

take your time with the demo :P

Years
  • I would just release the game as it is (with sprites ripped from the games, or even rough sketches) and worry about fixing them later.
    This an extremely irresponsible way to look at development.
    A lot of developers do this, and none of them will garner any success by it.

People appreciate games that work, not ones that are broken beyond redemption.
    If you 'appreciate' a game that has a broken release, rather than one in which the dev team have chosen to not release anything to avoid that scenario, then you aren't noteworthy.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2014
    So let me see...
    Kamon is still the rival of GSC right, then how old is he when he goes to Johto and what happens to the Pokemon he already.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    It's too bad that the demo isn't coming out yet, but if it does, it's sure to be very satisfying, given all the work that's been done. I just hope that time comes.

Years
  • I just took notice in this forum.
    The fakemon? Wow. They are incredibly good. Never seen anything better.
    I'm not sure, is this game still continuing? Because I think it's amazing.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • This an extremely irresponsible way to look at development.
    A lot of developers do this, and none of them will garner any success by it.

People appreciate games that work, not ones that are broken beyond redemption.
    If you 'appreciate' a game that has a broken release, rather than one in which the dev team have chosen to not release anything to avoid that scenario, then you aren't noteworthy.

Unstable releases at least show that you're doing something instead of making the same empty promises for two whole years without producing a single update worth anything.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    the same could be doen with videos. no need to release something that isn't even playable, as most unstable releases are

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    Unstable releases at least show that you're doing something instead of making the same empty promises for two whole years without producing a single update worth anything.

Hush yourself.

Charlie and his team are working toward releasing the demo. Nobody has the right to complain, seeing as they are all working on the game in their free time, which is kind of limited to people with any form of a life. They don't get paid or get any material gain from their work, nor do they ask for it. They do this as a hobby and try to make the game great for you to play, so stop being ungrateful. I don't know about the others, but I know Charlie has little free time these days because he has a job, friends and a girlfriend that he spends his limited time with, not just Acanthite.

And also, if you feel like complaining, try and make something at least half as good as Acanthite already is beforehand. If you can't, keep quiet and keep your annoying opinions to yourself.

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2013
    Hush yourself.

Charlie and his team are working toward releasing the demo. Nobody has the right to complain, seeing as they are all working on the game in their free time, which is kind of limited to people with any form of a life. They don't get paid or get any material gain from their work, nor do they ask for it. They do this as a hobby and try to make the game great for you to play, so stop being ungrateful. I don't know about the others, but I know Charlie has little free time these days because he has a job, friends and a girlfriend that he spends his limited time with, not just Acanthite.

And also, if you feel like complaining, try and make something at least half as good as Acanthite already is beforehand. If you can't, keep quiet and keep your annoying opinions to yourself.
    I agree with aqua, but quit beating moose down though I strongly disagree with opinion. Great job on the game Fangking, and take as much time you need.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back