• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

List of must watch episodes for sun and moon

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
Finally, I have brought myself to watch the new anime, but the vibes im getting from it are just bland, I try my best to enjoy watching it, but at some point it just gets boring real quick, and the extra humor that isn't needed just further kills my desire to continue watching.

Someone have like a list of important episodes, including those to main plot or just interesting fillers?

I really like the connection the anime has with the game especially, the music mostly though.

Years
I really enjoyed SM023. The singing Alolan Dugtrio was not what I expected at all going into the episode and totally funny, in a good way. Would recommend watching that one just for the silliness aspect haha.

If you like intense battles, try out SM036 too! maybe I'm biased since I love Rockruff and Lycanroc but it was goooddd
Plus you get to see the awesome Olivia in action

Then there is SM029. Once you watch it you'll know why. oh man those facial expressions I will never forget

SM055 FIRST EVER WEDDING SHOWN ON POK?MON ANIME and it was cute ok

SM042 and SM043 had Brock and Misty. Overall both very good episodes, definitely don't miss out on those!

anything centering around Lillie and Gladion, especially their backstory episodes, were great. I forget which numbers these were exactly

SM058 was and will continue to remain one of my top episodes from this saga. James has always had an amazing relationship with his Pok?mon, and this episode only reminded me of why that was the case. I loved his dedication and care for Mareanie, and her reactions to him fighting for her.

SM021 and SM079 both made me cry.

all nanu and acerola episodes <3

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I deem important Episodes as Episodes that involve Captures, Evolutions or Grand Trials/Gym Battles. Following that criteria, the following are must see:

Episode 4(can skip the first three if you really wanted to but Ash?s first capture in Rowlet)
Episodes 8 and 14(Alolan Egg that becomes Alolan Vulpix and Lillie?s first Pok?mon)
Episodes 9-10(Melemele Grand Trial)
Episode 15(Ash catches Rockruff)
Episode 18(Bounsweet evolves)
Episode 21(Ash catches Litten. Arguably the best Episode in the entire series so far)
Episode 26(Sophocles ?catches? Charjabug(Ash found one and gave it to Sophocles on a silver platter))
Episodes 32-33(Lana obtains her Z-Ring and Waterium-Z)
Episode 34(Kiawe catches Marowak)
Episodes 35-36(Akala Grand Trial)
Episode 37(Rockruff evolves)
Episodes 42-43(Kanto mini-arc celebrating 20 years of the Anime)
Episodes 44-55(Aether arc culminating in Kakui and Burnet?s Wedding)
Episode 63(Litten evolves)
Episode 67(Ash catches Poipole)
Episode 73(Team Rocket gets a Z-Ring and Mimikyu-Z)
Episodes 74-77(Ula?Ula Grand Trial)
Episode 80(Lillie obtains an Icium-Z and an Ice Stone)
Episode 82(Steenee evolves)
Episodes 87-90(Necrozma arc)

Other Episodes to consider...

Episode 28(Baseball Episode with Snorlax?s Z-move. Decent animation too)
Episodes 65/66 Ilima Episodes
Episode 68 ?Ashley? reappears
Episodes 71-72 Lana almost catches a Pokemon(theme of this series frankly) and Mallow?s brother.

Last edited:

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
Alright, thanks for the lists and suggestions, I'll have a look at the episodes

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I really loved the episode they had for Celesteela.

The ways team rocket acted in the episode were so classic to me it was unreal.

My must see for sure. Also Buzzwald has a good episode too. His machoness was funny imo xD

Back