• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you Think the Superior Gen 4 Game is: Pokemon Platinum or HGSS?

What Generation 4 Game is Better?

• Pokemon Platinum

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Pokemon HeartGold / Pokemon SoulSilver

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
Years
  • This is something I've thought of, which Generation 4 game is better: DP's improved sister game: Pokemon Platinum or GSC's remake: Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Why do you think one game is better than other?

Years
  • Undoubtedly HGSS imo, I have nothing against Platinum and think it's a great game but HeartGold & SoulSilver were just unbelievably good, they're my 2nd/3rd (I still can't decide) Pokemon games of all time and made Gen 4 even better.

metameta

Metagross FTW
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2017
    HGSS! Perhaps because it was my first Pokemon game ever, but still, both are great games.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Nostalgia consumes me, and tells me to pick HG/SS. Although platinum was suppper fun

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I'd be pretty mainstream of me to choose HGSS and without a doubt, they were pretty amazing games. However, I'd have to go with Platinum. It really fixed many underlying issues that Diamond and Pearl had and that made it perfect. The story was very well thought out with enough backstory.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Platinum is my all-time favourite Pokemon game for many reasons which I've listed on here countless times before. In short, Sinnoh, the Pokemon designs, storyline, characters, and features are what make fourth gen (particularly Platinum) my favourites in the series.

Back