• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Trivia [sign-ups closed!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Please let me know if you didn't get the PM - check your inboxes and reply direct to the PM. DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWERS HERE.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    DAY ONE RESULTS

Doctrina - 34
    Gloria - 12
    Vestigo - 9
    Consortia - 7

Will copy paste the answers from our winner:

Nyarth- Meowth
    hihidaruma- Darmantian
    Dosidon- Rhyperior
    Nymphia- Sylveon
    Buby- Magby
    Hoho- Hoothoot
    Mamanbou - Alomomola
    Mooland - Stoutland
    Fiarrow - Talonflame
    Kororock - Kricketune

It had quite a few curveballs! My random mention of Denchura and typo in one but we managed to get tons of entries so awesome work everyone! Don't forget to participate in today's ;) A point for participation with a correct answer. PMs will be sent soon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hi i will update the points from today/yesterday tonight. Just wanted to quickly talk about below. Nobody has got it ALL correct.

Unless you see it written somewhere assume it's fake. All of these questions ARE backed up by fact... but where?

Please keep in mind this is for main series games only!

One you may think is correct isn't - it will clearly say the answer somewhere.

One question is basically a direct translation.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Separate posts so that I don't confuse my notepad files... will add the points for both days together at once in a moment!

DAY TWO RESULTS:

Consortia - 27
    Gloria - 11
    Doctrina - 11
    Vestigo - 6

Due to complications with the N and May questions they have both been removed due to slight ambiguity in the questions and I apologise for that.

As a result it is only judged on ten questions & to clarify: what I was looking for was a wife, not a girlfriend specifically, for Clemont. Gloria came awfully close at taking out all the bonus points but they got Who Gets to Keep Togepi right whereas Consortia was right on the ball otherwise.

Here are the answers from our winner:

1. Orville
    2. Ash
    4. Paul
    5. Excadrill
    7. A wife
    8. Sylveon
    9. Alolan Vulpix
    10. Rowlet

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    DAY THREE RESULTS

Doctrina - 12
    Gloria - 5
    Consortia - 4
    Vestigo - 3

1: Black/White - Alder
    2: Red/Green (beta)
    3: Coumarine & Laverre - 43
    4: Ruby/Sapphire
    5: Diamond Dust - Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
    6: Water Stone
    7: Azalea Town
    8: Participant of Driftveil Tournament in PWT - B2W2
    9: Six Island - Sevii Islands
    10: Never - One bottle costs $1000000 at the Marina

Gotta say a major props to Bardothren. He was the only person able to answer correctly. Question 5 and 7 were pulling people up. To explain why...

Q 5: this was because these questions only referred to the main games, and I also said happens, rather than something significant that happened (and to my knowledge Diamond Dust occurs on that day every year). So unfortunately the Pokemon Go answer didn't count.

Q 7: What I wrote was basically a literal translation of what Azalea town is called in Japanese in HGSS - have a look at the entry and you'll see I only changed one word but that was only so it was harder to Google! Unfortunately most of the answers didn't count... as yes you can form friendships but it isn't what the location is SUPPOSED to be all about haha.

Q 2: Unfortunately I pretty much worded it as-is and Gloria ended up guessing.

I wanted to make this round as fair and as challenging as possible for people and everyone seemed to work hard. So major props everyone for your efforts.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Day four

Gloria - 25
    Vestigo - 6
    Consortia - 4
    Doctrina - 4

1. Who is the boss of Cipher?
    - Master Greevil
    2. Who is Ujimasa?
    - A Warlord in Pokemon Conquest
    3. How much did Pokemon Go earn between October 25 and October 29?
    - Around $23.3 million
    4. What game had a 5.7 review for being oversimplified?
    - Pokemon Stadium
    5. What game featured the Pichu Bros?
    - Pokemon Channel
    6. Name the second Pokemon area in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
    - Poke Floats
    7. What event causes your character to say "Better safe than sushi" in Magikarp Jump?
    - When your Magikarp gets eaten by Pidgeotto
    8. Who is the head concierge?
    - Ulex
    9. What game features a black cloud as a disruption?
    - Pokemon Shuffle
    10. What team is Alakazam part of in Mystery Dungeon?
    - Team ACT

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    DAY FIVE

Gloria - 48
    Doctrina - 16
    Consortia - 4
    Vestigo - 6

Gloria won due to question 20... the misprint doesn't seem to appear anywhere I look up the guide Doctrina mentioned whereas it appears on the Bulbapedia page for the answer below, and thus that is it. Thanks all! :) Sorry I'm sleepy so it seems a little confusing. The questions were originally sent out over 24 hours ago so by now I am posting because it's late and I'm tired + wanting to get points distribution done!

1. EP038 - Known as the seizure episode, banned worldwide because of the series of flashing lights that caused Japanese children to be sent to the hospital with symptoms of epilepsy.

It's New Year's Eve! Pocket Monsters Encore - Supposed to be broadcased December 31 but re-organized following the EP038 incident and never aired.

AG101 - Pulled from air because they believe that it might prove to be insensitive to air an episode about earthquakes weeks after the disaster in Japan.

BW023, BW024 - Postponed due to the earthquake and tsunami incident that struck Japan before the first half was supposed to air and retconned out of continuity.
    2. Abby - Red's starter Pokemon. A cornerstone of Red's original team, winning agsinst Lt. Surge using a Bide attack. Abby however was accidentally released in the PC (because they needed to make room in the party for a Pokemon capable of using surf). Believes to be immortal, and that "everytime she dies, she returns as a level 5 Charmander".

Digrat - The second member to join Red's team, the name coming from the fact that he was taught the TM for Dig, being selected at inopportune moments taht caused frustration among the players/viewers (one moment is when they digged out of the TR Hideout after defeating Giovanni but before picking up the Silph Scope). He is sometimes called an agent of the dome fossil.

The False Prophet - The moniker that RED's Eevee was known in the lore after his evolution into Flareon. Was originally planned by the stream to be the surf Pokemon to be used, however a Fire Stone was purchased instead.

The Helix Fossil - Also known as "Lord Helix" or "God. The Helix Fossil is an Omanyte that evolved into Omastar that became an object to worship during Red's adventure in TWP, Red version. A Lord Helix Day is held on 1st March, the day when Lord Helix led RED to finally beat the game, defeating BLUE.
    3. A Great Ball
    4. 95.6%
    5. 5
    6. September 24, 2001 at Westfield Shopping Centre
    7. You and Me and Pokemon
    8. Pokemon Pinball mini
    9. Pocket Monsters ReBURST, 8 volumes
    10. They distributed promotional mini-discs in packages of Perdue Chicken Breast Nuggets which contained exclusive Flash-based Pokemon games, a Pokedex, and a Pokemon TCG "Learn to Play" demo.
    11. He has done Map Data design for Pokemon G/S/C and was working on Quality Assurance, specifically Product Testing for Pokemon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition
    12. Jacred is a glitch trainer class that can be battled by performing the Ditto glitch with a Special stat of 200. The glitch can instantly crash the game when the player's Pokemon uses a move, accesses their party, or uses an item.
    13. It was a merchandise campaign held in May 2010, consisting mainly of hair accessories and stationary featuring some of the "cute" Pokemon surrounded by flowers. You can get it by going to Pokemon Center stores across Japan.
    14. Ken Sugimori
    15. Tuesdays 4 p.m. to 10 p.m JST
    16. Ray Rizzo and Igor Costa
    17. 1951 Alaskan Way, Seattle, WA 98101
    18. 1 in 4,294,967,295
    19. In the non-Japanese versions of Pok?mon Stadium, if the player clears the Master Ball division of the Round 2 Prime Cup with all Pok?mon selected directly from a Game Pak, not saving the game during the challenge (continues are permitted), and ensures Pikachu participates in the final battle (the Pikachu can come from any Generation I game), they will be able to teach that Pikachu Surf.
    20. Pok?mon Emerald: Prima's Official Strategy Guide

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
  • Pokémon Trivia [sign-ups closed!]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back