• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Map-Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • Pok?Community's Map-Off
    Hosted by Rainbow
    About
    Welcome to the Map-Off! This event accepts submissions from all types of Pok?mon maps - Advance-Map, RPG Maker XP, Unity, or even MS Paint. Be creative and prove your mapping skills by creating something truly unique!

Rules
    ? Submit 1 map per user max.
    ? Don't use other people's maps.
    ? Only overworld maps can be submitted.
    ? Don't add any special effects on top of the map image.
    ? Only use tiles and resources you have permission to use. Post credits.
    ? Submissions will close on September 28th, and judging will be completed on September 30th.

Judging
    Maps will be scored out of a total of 40 points. The maps will be judged by myself (Rainbow), Hiroshi Sotomura, and Dyskinesia.

Playability (10 points)
    Ease of movement and accessing of different areas for the player.

Theme (10 points)
    Cohesive and complete map colors and layout. Should have a "complete" feeling.

Errors (10 points)
    A good map shouldn't have tile errors.

Details (10 points)
    Revisitability, hidden areas/easter eggs, tileset detail, spacing of important areas.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just to confirm it. So that means that I'm not restricted to "Map-Editors" like RPGMaker and I'm allowed to use other Editors like Tiled?

Years
  • Oh Okay! Thanks! Ill post it here now
    MapOff-Contest-For-Pokecommunity-704752129
    (um.. i need to send 5 posts so i can send a link xd)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2023
    this sounds fun.
    but I have questions..
    can we make our own tiles / tileset?
    is credit required for pokemon tiles ripped from the official games?
    do weather/ light&shadow scripts /panorama count as special effects?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Does the map need to actually be playable or will an image suffice? I've only done minimal fiddling around with this stuff but I'm curious to give this a try.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Will having NPCs or not affect the judging of the map?
    It can, if they're used well.

this sounds fun.
    but I have questions..
    can we make our own tiles / tileset?
    is credit required for pokemon tiles ripped from the official games?
    do weather/ light&shadow scripts /panorama count as special effects?
    Yes you can make your own tiles. You don't need to credit official tiles. You may not add weather/light & shadow scripts/etc

Does the map need to actually be playable or will an image suffice? I've only done minimal fiddling around with this stuff but I'm curious to give this a try.
    Any map image is fine.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I'm assuming nothing from stupid version is gonna win :/ ugh now I need to actually try

Years
  • i still cant send a link to my map but hope this works >~<
    https:// ammy514romeave.deviantart.com/art/MapOff-Contest-For-Pokecommunity-704752129
    (Please remove the space between the https:// and the ammy514romeave.deviantart.com/art/MapOff-Contest-For-Pokecommunity-704752129)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Here's my entry! Its name is Loamas Fields, and it will be in my ROM hack too.

Spoiler:

Loamas Town, to the north, is the agricultural hub of the Orbtus region. Here on the Loamas Fields, the farmers grow crops and rear Pokémon such as Miltank and Mudbray. The tall wheat is a common hiding place for wild Pokémon, as well as in the regular tall grass. The Cowgirls and Ranchers like to let off steam by battling when they aren't busy toiling on the fields. It appears that a goon from the Telmurk City's notorious Mighty Mightyena gang has graffiti-ed one of the barn's walls.

All of the new tiles and overworld sprites in this map are made by myself, or from FRLG and RSE, except for the tree stump, which is by Fangking Omega. I haven't inserted overworld sprites for the farmyard Pokémon yet, so imagine Miltank and whatnot in the fenced off areas :P.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Old River Bridge. Built years ago and not often used, the bridge helps those now rare travelers cross the river without suffering the chill of snow melt running off the mountains. The remains of a few structures still stand, but they won't provide much protection against the wind and rain. Wild Pokemon from the forest come to drink from the river, but they spook easily.

All tiles were made by me.

Years
  • This is my entry, Hickory Village.
    PasV7uz.png

It's the first big village you arrive too on the big main island. The townsfolk is very peaceful and don't want any trouble. The lab in Hickory does various reasearch and develops alot of things, tools, equipment. They are also big on studying Fossils.

Tiles are made by Zeikku, Spherical Ice, Fanking Omega, Mateo, The Acanthite Team

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I guess I should stop lurking now and post something.
    I wasn't initially going to post this map, and instead, I was going to make something purely for this thread...BUT I procrastinated too much and I'm finding myself without enough time to make what I wanted. Everyone else is posting these huge maps with all these cool things, and I'm over here posting a little starter village!

Anyways..
    xHnisUl.png

Some notes about it
    It does in fact have connections on all four sides. Initially, the only path open to you is the southwestern one. Through natural exploration of the hack, you'll open up the pathway leading to the west. Also the tucked away area in the southeast (accessible by a hidden area in a later map) will lead to another area with a tucked away opening, allowing you to circle back to this town via surf, and climb the waterfall to some other goodies :)

Not sure what else to say about it.
    Oh, and it's a starter village. I already mentioned that

edit: credits are probably important, huh?
    Tiles made by Mateo, Fangking Omega, and the rest of the Acanthite Team

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back