• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I miss the old ranks

Years
  • Firstly, to everyone who said "Newsflash..." is actually an idiot. If you think that is a news flash, you need to watch a hell of a lot more 'actual' news.

Secondly, I don't really mind them at all.
    It isn't really going to affect the way I view on the forum.
    They are fine and I think they should just be left alone till the next wave are made.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Firstly, to everyone who said "Newsflash..." is actually an idiot. If you think that is a news flash, you need to watch a hell of a lot more 'actual' news.

Secondly, I don't really mind them at all.
    It isn't really going to affect the way I view on the forum.
    They are fine and I think they should just be left alone till the next wave are made.

Wow, so um, I'm automatically declared as an idiot for saying a word? Nice reasoning.

Anyways, commenting on a post that matters, I personally think

moderator.png

is the best ever. :o

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Adblock does wonders, I've only got the user bars enabled for staff.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years

• Wow, so um, I'm automatically declared as an idiot for saying a word? Nice reasoning.

Anyways, commenting on a post that matters, I personally think

moderator.png

is the best ever. :o
    moderator.png

I totally agree with you. I want these so much.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I guess the fact is that it only boils down to opinion in the end. Some people like these ones:
    staffadmin.png

Some mods liked this concept:
    assistantadmin.png

Some people preferred these ones:
    moderator.png

Or even our originals:
    assistantadmin-.png

You can never really have a consistent opinion, but that's why we work to appease most of the people since realistically not everyone can be impressed. :P

So next time I work on the ranks, I'll try a bit harder to satisfy as many people as possible.

The only one of them I don't like is the Moderator one. It just seems particularly blurry. The Staff Admin, Assistant Admin, and the originals are all nice IMO. But I agree with what someone said in one of the above posts about possibly having an option in the UCP with a choice of which design you'd like to use.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Nica Flash:

Question; Why would you bother having a choice in the usercp though? It's just a userbar. It's similar to which supporter colour you'd choose, and whether there could be an option between two. Although this wouldn't confuse people much, some consistancy as far as supporters go would be nice. o3o

Also, fun fact, we're supporters. Therefore, something as trivial as badges shouldn't really matter. Then again, most of you totally are supporters because you wanted to keep PC running, rather than the perks. :D Although I hated them at first, soon after I liked them and really... idk, we should all deal with the change. It's not like we've lost supporter badges all together. How would it be like without badges, coloured usernames, perks? Yeah, it'd suck for a lot of you.

In conclusion, my point is that the badges have changed, there is no need for a choice between the two... and hey, notice how no staff (besides Jake), have actually objected to it? It's the supporter perk thing all over again imo. XD;

Oh and note, I'm just comparing here... meaning this situation may not necessarily be intended to be similar to other supporter perk debates, but... it seems it.

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
  • Yes I agree with Hakeen. Deal with the change or so this quote says "Be the change you want the world to be". I don't really mind if the style of the badges changed. Yes us PC supporters want to keep PC a clean community. And for your sake why must it matter?. The new style of these badges actually look nice. Consider this a good thing. Some forum's don't even have these kind of things. So, just be lucky. Better than nothing right?.

patch.

listen what I say, oh
    Years
  • I actually find the new badges a lot glossier than previous ones, so I see no real need to revert. I become a Supporter to support PC so it can stay; I can clearly see you all did that, too.

Years
  • I hated the new ranks at first but now they seem to have grown on me. So much to the extent that I prefer them to the old ones. Shows how much first impressions count eh?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Guys, these new rank bars have been in discussion since, like, the start of summer and just now finally got approved by the majority of the higher staff to be put into use.

Deal with the change. You'll learn to like it.
    After all, you won't have much of a choice.

"You can please most of the people, most of the time, some of the people, some of the time, but none of the people all of the time."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    The reason behind the notion that it ever should change from the original in the first place is something I'd be interested to know though.
    Change for the sake of itself is a waste of time, after all; although I've noticed a tendancy for the newer bars to become clearer.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Well, I like the new rank buttons.

As a matter of fact I love them. Especially because they are nicely combined for supporter-staff members. I totally thought having two badges looked yucky, and that always did slightly bug me, I liked the animated ones too but not everyone of the supporter-staff members had 'em.

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
  • They're fine the way they are, and if they ever change, I trust the staff will come up with something everyone can enjoy. They're awesome like that :)

Although I do like the roman numeral thing though.

Back