• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Valde Bellum (Rated T - see inside)

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
  • Swan: This was a very funny post, especially to the part where Kris kicked the Venipede I couldn't stop smiling. And Thing's and Kris' relationship is quite enjoyable to read as well.
    Trapinch's nickname is now Thing! And Thing learned Hidden Power!
    Spoiler:

I look forward to your next post!

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
    Years
  • "Freedom!" Courtney shouted when she saw light up ahead. Kimper let out a startled cry when she picked him up suddenly and dashed for the exit. The feeling of her feet hitting hard rock and then suddenly grass made her go bananas. "Yes, yes, yes! Freedom at last!" Courtney jumped around on her toes, bouncing in circles. Kimper's struggles and complaints went unnoticed. Flailing his legs about, he finally snatched himself away, falling onto the ground without grace.

"Aron!" He yelled at her sourly. It was to no avail, Courtney wouldn't stop, and in the next moment she had Penelope captured, holding her forefeet and making her dance. It didn't matter to Penn, though. She was just as happy, singing in her little Mudkip language and trying to have just as much fun as Courtney. Kimper looked away from them, eyes narrowed. He'd scowl if he could. The Iron Armor Pokemon took a heavy seat in the grass, steel body unable to soak up sunshine as nicely as Courtney and Penelope's did.

To him, their dancing and singing went on four hours, but really it had been a good fifteen minutes. Courtney only stopped after seeing Penelope's warn out look. It made Kimper sort of wonder why he'd agreed to come along. In fact... The little steel Pokemon sat up, glancing over his shoulder and taking a quiet step towards the cave. Courtney wasn't looking, which was to his advantage. With one more security glance he made a mad dash for the cave exit.

"Kimper!" He stopped dead in his tracks. Courtney looked over her shoulder, a big, big smile on her face. "Where ya goin'?" She asked when she noticed his position. He turned to face her, shrugging only to mask his escape plan. "Well stop being so silly! Forward is the only way!" She started walking a short second after that, going... Ugh, Arceus new where. Kimper looked back over his shoulder at the cave and then to Courtney's retreating body. A very Pokemon groan escaped him and he scurried after the duo of Penelope and Courtney.

The sun was strong, bright, and simply wonderful. It's warming rays showered over her in the most pleasant way. It was a surprise that a cave that started somewhere so horrible would end up in a place so... So pretty! The grasses, the flowers! Ah, it even smelled like nature. How could a person resist? It would be even more amazing if... If... Well, if her feet weren't screaming at her. Several hours of walking on rock wasn't exactly the most comfortable thing in the world, and as Courtney got off her Happy High, she could feel it once more. Her Pokemon even seemed to get the brunt again, well... Maybe just Penelope. Her face was a mixture of exhaustion and pain. Kimper's was the same as it always was: Stoic, save for a defining hint of annoyance.

Courtney took a seat in the grass, prompting a delighted groan from her Mudkip. "Sitting down is just as good as going forward," she philosophized, nodding to herself. Penelope took two forced steps and then let herself collapse, her head resting on Courtney's leg.

"Mu-dki-p," she moaned, closing her eyes.

"I'm beat too, Penn. How 'bout you, Kimper?" The little Aron didn't answer. Instead he stepped to Courtney's side and then let himself lay down, settling with looking in a direction other than hers. "Yeah, I'm tired too," she said, rolling her eyes at his attitude. Courtney let her body lay back, feeling the sun hit her full on. This was good... This was great! It was almost like a little paradise. She closed her eyes, feeling the sting of fatigue behind her eyelids. "Let's rest awhile guys," she muttered, already drifting off.

As she became lost, however, she was found. Kimper made a noise and nudged her arm, pressing his head against her. She murmured in protest, but he persisted against her will.

"What? What?" Courtney whined when she'd had enough. She turned her head towards him and opened her eyes reluctantly. "What is it, Kimpy?" What had been so far uncharacteristic of the little Pokemon, Kimper had, what Courtney would call, a worried look on his face. He nudged her and then gestured with his head to the land the expanded next to them. She looked in the direction, a question mark on her face, and what she saw made those tired feelings vanish. She popped up, almost throwing Penelope off her. "We gotta go! We gotta go!" She yelled frantically as she grabbed at their items on the ground. In the distance she saw a figure coming towards her, one clad in the most frightening pattern of colors she could have encountered. Red and black. It was an Acies trainer and he'd already seen her. He wasn't far behind either. A few more steps and she would have been able to see his face.

Courtney ran, Penelope and Kimper following whether they were aware why or not. Penelope kept in pace with her and Kimper lagged behind only by a step. She had not a clue as to where she was going, but straight was the only way her feet would take her and away was the only thing on her mind. In her mind she could imagine the trainer right on their tail and still gaining, arms reaching out to snatch her. Her back tingled with the anticipation; she wished it would stop. She hardly noticed the pop! noise behind her. What stopped her was Kimper's cry.

Courtney slid to a halt and turned, eyes wide. The little Aron was in the air, green vines wrapped around his middle. His stubby legs kicked around with the passion to escape, but while towards the sky, they could do nothing. Under him was a short, green Pokemon with a leaf on its head and buds poking out of its neck.

"Chiko!" It cried, a malicious and triumphant grin on its face. The trainer caught up. He was tall and had blue, spikey hair. He didn't look that much older or younger than Courtney, but even so his age was hard to place. In his hand he grasped a Pokemon tightly, probably the one that was home to Kimper's green tormentor.

"I almost wasn't sure that would stop you," he said, an arrogant grin on his face. "Now hand over the other one." Courtney shook her head. The trainer sighed. "Chikorita!" He shouted. The Pokemon reacted instantly, slamming Kimper onto the ground and sending a single vine to Penelope. Courtney couldn't move fast enough and before the second was over her Pokemon was in the air, Kimper being recaptured a second later. Now it was Penelope's turn to cry, thrashing her feet in the air wildly. Chikorita laughed in a very Pokemon way, though also without good nature.

"Give them back!" Courtney yelled at the thief, her voice a little weak. Oh no! Oh no! She couldn't lose this quickly!

"Not a chance, but you can hand over their Pokeballs as well," he answered. "Then you can tell me where you got these two." Courtney didn't move, which made the trainer frown. "Hurry up!" He snapped. "My Chikorita's vines are getting tired."

Courtney flinched at the trainers words, but did as she was told. She opened her bag slowly, trying to make the moments last. How could this happen so quickly? After this moment her Pokemon would be... Gone. How could she have failed Rayvn so quickly? She was a horrible revolutionist, the worst of the group. Where would she even go after this? She wouldn't have been able to get through that cave without these two. She reached into her bag and grabbed their Pokeballs, he hands shaking. Putting her eyes back on her Pokemon, she felt like she was in another world. She saw their struggling, but didn't hear the things coming out of her mouth. They were in danger, she couldn't help them, couldn't do anything by herself, could she? Her eyes went back to the balls. She hadn't seen these in years before this, never thought she'd see them again. And now they were gone once more? These balls were not just containers, they were a promise. A promise to take care of whatever was inside, to treat it as a friend and never let it go so long as it was happy. It was a promise that said, "I'll protect you and you'll protect me". She had taken the oath of the ball's red beam and now she had to go back on it?

"Well!? Hand 'em over!" Courtney looked up, back at the trainer, back at her Pokemon. No, she couldn't go back on it. Not without a fight. Hands and fingers moving quickly, she dropped her bag and pressed the button on both balls.

"Return!" She shouted as the beams shot out and consumed the tiny Pokemon. The Chikorita, vines now empty, reacted quicker than Courtney would have expected. Its vine sped towards her and wrapped around her wrist tightly. It pulled, making Courtney stumble forward, but once he surprise was gone she resisted, pulling herself in the opposite direction.

"That was a stupid trick," the trainer said, an annoyed tone in his voice. "Now that we're done, just hand over the damn Pokemon before we have to get rough."

Courtney shook her head. "No!" The trainer narrowed his eyes. With one shout of his Pokemon's name, the Chikorita started to whip at Courtney's face with its free vine. It hit fiercely, hits getting harder as they came. The blow were making tears come to her face and her mind frantic. She didn't know what to do, she just did the first thing her body made her do. She pressed the button of one of her balls and hearing the sound of release, called out an attack.

"Tackle!" She cried, not even knowing who she'd sent out. The Chikorita made a shout in surprise and the whipping stopped abruptly. The vine around her wrist yanked suddenly and she looked up to see why. The Chikorita had been knocked on it side, some kind of focus allowing it to keep its grip on her. It got back to its feet and shot a mean glare at its attacker. Kimper was her savior for now, but would he be able to stay strong.

"Chikorita!" The other Acies trainer yelled out, "Get that little bastard!" The vine on Courtney's wrist released immediately and in a second both were heading straight for her Aron. He must have been a quick learner, though. Instead of letting himself be captured again, he dodged out of the way, charging the Chikorita and hitting it with a tackle of his own accord. The Chikorita was knocked back again, but found its footing quickly.

"Alright, this is how you guys want to play?" The trainer glared at Courtney and then turned his eyes square on Kimper. "Then we'll play this way. Razor leaf!" The Chikorita whipped its head around, sending knife-sharp leaves out from its own and straight at Kimper.

Courtney watched the attack as it seemed to move in slow motion. When was the last time she had a real battle against a real trainer? It had been so long ago. She could only hope that her skill would come back to her for this fight.

(Didn't proof read this, so if there's a lot of mistakes, sorry!)

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Kiklion: Excellent post! I look forward to the rest!
    Kimper can learn a new move in the next post. It is Metal Claw.

The Pinkie Pie

Party Rocker Pony/Trainer
    Years
  • Benjamin Auguste had just finished getting ready to go hike when the knock on his door came. Expecting someone wanting him to fix something, you can imagine the shock and sheer horror on his face when he saw what he thought was a member of the Acies. He didn't know what to do at first. His father was in the garage, and his mother was alseep, sick with a cruel summer cold. Benjamin had to protect them. He-

The Acies associate was smiling and had offered his hand to Benjamin. After looking at the man again, Benjamin didn't see a man with cruel intentions. He saw an honest man with good intentions. "My friend, Valde Bellum has begun," said the man as Benjamin took his hand. Benjamin knew what Valde Bellum meant. He knew some Latin. It was along the lines of Great War... A revolution?!

After that, everything went by quickly. Benjamin was put on a truck with other people, and he was soon taken to a metal building with said people. For a while there, Benjamin was worried slightly. Had he trust the man too hastily? Soon, however, that thought escaped his mind. A champion of the Kanto Elite, a woman by the name if Rayne had stepped forward, and Benjamin was instantly struck dumb for several seconds. She was alive?! How? Wasn't she executed? Apparantly not. As she explained everything, Benjamin perked up. He was right. This was a revolution. Finally... A chance to get back at the Acies for what they have done... They would pay.

After that thought, a man came up, holding a box full of Pokeballs. Upon seeing them, Benjamin became excited. "No freakin' way man," was what he thought. Were they really... They were! After hearing Rayne saying take one, Benjamin picked up a Pokeball containing a Pokemon and just stared at it. He was still listening somewhat to Rayne. She had given them more Pokeballs so they could capture Pokemon. While Benjamin had never been a trainer before, he knew how to call a Pokemon back, and he somewhat had a grasp on how to catch them. Looking down at his bag for the first time, Benjamin began switching the items from this bag to his gray backpack. Good thing he was going for a hike when they found him. This bag they were providing was too inconvenient. After finally getting all the items in his backpack and having a good look at them, he stood up and held his hand over his eyes briefly. The doors had opened up, revealing a beuatiful wilderness. After Benjamin walked out with the othe revolutionaries, the doors closed behind him.

"Use your head, pick your path," said Rayne to the fresh revolutionaries. "But don't let your Pokemon out until you're far enough away that you don't see me, understand?" With a gesture, everyone started heading to the various paths. "Good luck, and be sure to follow your path."

Making his mind up quickly, Benjamin chose his path (Route 4) and began walking forward, keeping his newly acquired Pokemon in his right gloved hand. Eventually, he couldn't see the building anymore. It was at this moment that he clicked the button on the Pokeball and threw it in the air. Upon opening, there was a bright flash of light as a shape was made on the ground. Eventually, the red and white sphere came back to Benjamin, who put the ball in his pocket as he got a good look at his Pokemon...and about lost it right there.

"Bulba," said the Bulbasaur, who was smirking at Benjamin, who was kneeling on the ground and trying very hard to keep it together. After a few moments, Benjamin smiled at the Bulbasaur, who reminded him of his father's Venusaur.

"Hey there little buddy," said Benjamin, his voice a light baritone as he held out his hand. "The name's Benjamin."

The Bulbasaur looked at Benjamin's hand for a few seconds before extending a vine and wrapping it around Benjamin's hand. It then shook the vine up and down, mimicking a hand-shake.

"Smart little thing," thought Benjamin before he suddenly felt a sharp pain in his hand. Quickly bringing it back, he saw the Bulbasaur still smirking, but it was a playful smirk, nothing mean behind it.

"You a naughty little devil, aren't you?"

"Bulba-saur."

"I'll take that as a yes."

With that, Benjamin stood up and began walking, the little Bulbasaur at his side. Benjamin was now trying to think of a name for the Bulbasaur. He didn't want to just call it Bulbasaur. That wouldn't be unique... Hey...

"Hey, may I call you Loki?"

The Bulbasaur looked up at Benjamin and smiled, nodding its head.

"Cool. By the way, you a dude or a chick?"

Loki pondered this for a bit before responding.

"Saur."

"A chick?"

WHAP!

"Ow... Okay, you're a dude," said Benjamin as he rubbed the back of his head. This Bulbasaur had a heck of a Vine Whip. "Something to remember for later," thought Benjamin. This journey to defeat the Acies was gonna be interesting.

(OOC: Is this okay? Let me know if you have a problem with it Royal. :3)

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • The Pinkie Pie: That was a good opening post. I quite enjoyed the interaction between Benjamin and Bulbasaur! You may continue.

---

Chapter One: Welcome to Island Dauoalogn
    Post 2-5
    Depending on how long you want to be in the route, you can have as many posts (with a maximum of 4) to train/capture Pokemon here before continuing on to the next location. But you may not want to use all your Pokeballs on this route because there are other Pokemon to be found in other locations in this route. Great battling posts can also result in your Pokemon leveling up faster, and the rarer a Pokemon is, the harder it will be to capture and defeat.

If you are not familiar with trying to capture a Pokemon, you have to end your post with the Pokeball shaking after the Pokemon is transferred inside. Depending on how your battle with said Pokemon goes, I will say whether your catch was successful or not and what level it will be, because some vary.

Happy traveling!

Route 4:
    This route is one of the most beautiful of them all, and it's a huge plain. It looks absolutely peaceful and the sun isn't brutal overhead. Actually, it is very comfortable. Pokemon openly spare with each other and there's always peace between those living in this route. Sometimes though, some people become agitated if approached by unknown Pokemon and trainers.

The Pokemon you can find in this location are:
    Spoiler:

Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    Mask

"Profile: Cassandra Hightower…father was a banker who aided the Acies by financing local activities and providing leverage on the more influential members on the community until his murder by revolutionaries…" A creak in one of the old floorboards caused Mask to hesitate for a second. She continued quickly after a moment of silence to check for any companion sounds. After hearing nothing, the red headed woman continued her methodical pacing.

My name is… Cassandra. I miss…I miss my father… My mother is still alive…I oppose revolution. I am ugly, naïve, and unconfident and shy around people.

"Target: Anthony McGrew…son of a high ranking Acies member currently in control of Azalea Town and much of the surrounding area. The father is cautious and clever: too risky to approach. The son is a well-known playboy. Let's his guard down around beautiful women. Has already been punished for using classified information to impress on the nightly rounds. Favors browned skin, red hair, innocence and… and short hair." Mask paused in front of the small dirty mirror that occupied the dump of a room she had been given. She stared at the reflection of a tired woman standing in a rundown, dingy hotel room. She had spent too much of her money on her last job for too little profit. At least I got my good deed out of the way. Good for them I did not realize the outcome would be my own poverty. It was a problem that could be easily remedied with her current target. Mask placed her hands on the sink that accompanied the mirror in front of her. She felt her legs becoming weak and supported the extra weight with her arms. She was tired…no…she was exhausted. I can sleep when I'm dead The thought was grim but did the job. Pushing off the sink, her legs regained their strength. She had too much to do to be tired.

My name is Cassandra. I miss… my father… My mother is still alive. I…I oppose revolution. I am ugly, naïve, and unconfident and shy around people.

"Plan: Anthony enjoys a unique drink than can only be found at The Thirty Slowpoke. Nothing special, but they apparently mix some of the water from the Slowpoke well into the drinks. Sounds utterly disgusting…and expensive. This bar owner might be a genius. Ideal approach would be to catch his attention at the bar as a naïve girl who isn't use to the attention of men. A young girl without a father looking for some kind of male guidance would be like a drug to an addict." Another creak, another pause. It was quiet outside. It was always quiet outside since the war had 'ended'. It was the sound of someone approaching your door that you needed to worry about. There was no time to analyze sounds. There was too much too do and not enough time to do it. Mask moved over to the bed that sat in the furthest corner of the room away from the door. The sheets had been untouched in the three days she had been in town. Mask couldn't bring herself to crawl beneath them. Three days of poor sleep were making the bed more appealing however. The thought worried Mask more than the possible failure of her plan. The bed was not her concern though. At least not at the moment.

Mask scanned the clothes and accessories that laid neatly organized on the bed. Her mind ran through the possibilities, dismissing most right as they entered her mind. The red party dress? Too eye catching. Cassandra is not supposed to know how attractive she is. The black dining dress would be more classy…too classy. I cannot be confident either. Not his type. The yellow sundress would be nice…if it wasn't a night job. The green formal dress?... Yes, yes. The color will gain his attention and the style is made to cover certain areas up. Maybe some reading glasses?...Yes, he will eat that up. Now I just need some shoes. After a few minutes of digging through her shoe bag, Mask had her outfit completed. There was only one thing left to do. The mask wasn't complete.

My name is Cassandra. I miss my father. My mother is still alive. I oppose revolution. I am ugly, naïve, and unconfident and shy around people. I like…I like my hair short…

Cassandra Hightower

Cassandra wasn't sure how long she had been standing in front of the mirror with the scissors in her hand. She turned her head to the side again to study her hair. Why she had ever let it grow out this long was a mystery to her. At least mom would be happy. Cassandra could not help but laugh slightly at her mother's persistence over the years. The sweet lady had done everything she could over the years to convince Cassandra to let it grow out. Apparently, one of her tactics had worked. Had being the key word. Raising the scissors to her hair, Cassandra got a good size chunk of her hair and…

A knock at the door froze Cassandra in place. A second knock sent her into a panic. Quickly putting the scissors away, Cassandra moved quickly to scoop up the first decent clothing she could find. A red sundress, matching red scarf for her hair, and sandals for her feet would have to do. A third knock was all she was going to get. The only people who knocked this late at night were Acies. Even though she had nothing to hide, Acies members still intimidated her. She crossed the room to the door in three strides and opened it as respectively as possible.

Stephanie "Mask" Eddington

He knew my name

The truck shook suddenly, jostling Mask uncomfortably in the back of the windowless truck. The entirety of the situation seemed dream-like. An Acies member came to her in the middle of the night, called her by her name, said something about Valde Bellum, and then stuck her in the back of this truck. Lack of sleep and sense distortions were making it difficult for Mask to focus. One thing was certain though; this was no normal Acies kidnapping. They had been driving for way to long even before boarding a boat. Exhaustion has gotten the best of her, and Mask woke up to find herself back in a truck. If the Acies had actually connected her with any of her past activities, they would have taken her directly to the nearest commanding officer for questioning. No, this was something different, but Mask couldn't put her finger on it.

My name is what I want it to be. I hate my father. My mother is dead. My safety is most important. The Acies threaten that safty so I must revolt. I love my long beautiful hair.

The thought had occurred to Mask that keeping the mask of Cassandra would be beneficial, but she quickly dismissed it. If they knew what her real name was, they would definitely know about her talents. She was going to have to play this one on the fly and hope to seize any moment to escape that arose. Another bump in the road caused her head to knock against the side of the truck. Her head was filled with annoyance more than pain. Maybe that was a sign that there was to be no escape this time. To be honest, it was the first time the thought had crossed her mind. Mask always assumed that she would live to see the fall of the Acies. Her skill set was too good to be caught, and her crimes were just small enough to not demand an investigation, either that or too embarrassing to be reported. She always assumed she would see her pokémon again. Reaper…Lady…Cycilia…I'm…I'm sorry. A single tear fell down Mask's face as the truck stopped.

What happened next seemed like a blur. Rayne was alive. The revolution was alive. Mask was to be apart of the main plot to overthrow the Acies. She was to be given a pokémon. Something about psychic pokémon blocking radar. By the time she had collected her thoughts, Mask found herself standing on a path that appeared to be a simple hiking trail with a bag of supplies in one hand and a pokeball in the other. Leaves littered the ground and a few trees had fallen here and there, but the path was more than manageable.(Route 1) It was a pleasant change from hiding in rundown hotels and gathering information at night. Mask took a deep breath. Frankly, she still didn't know what was going on. She knew this Rayne was a big leader in the revolution. Now she just pops up out of nowhere with pokémon to give away and a plan to overthrow the Acies. Why now? Why wait so long? Mask wanted answers to these question, but she knew that the information wasn't going to be given away that easy. These revolutionaries had done their homework. They had picked her for a reason, and she had a part to play in their plan. Best course of action would be to play along for the time being. Worst part of all, not a single guy in the group and given her a second look. How am I supposed to work with that? I put a lot of work into looking like I do. Least they could do is take notice. With a huff, Mask started her way down the path.

OOC: Wrote a lot to say a little I guess. Just wanted to flesh out my character a bit. I'll cover more ground in the next post: meet my pokemon, battle, laugh, cry, and maybe even dance.

The Pinkie Pie

Years
  • (OOC: Not gonna lie, was secretly hoping for a Rattata, but Lillipup will work out JUUUUUUST fine. :3 Also, thanks for the compliment. :))

Benjamin the human and Loki the Bulbasaur had been walking for a while now, taking in the sights. This route was beautiful, almost breathtakingly so. There were a ton of Pokemon around too, albeit many of them weren't too happy about seeing Benjamin and Loki. It seemed that way at least, what with many of them leering at the two.

"Uh... Loki, I don't think we're welcomed here," said Benjamin, being sure to keep an eye out to his sides and behind him. He didn't really care for how a lot of the Pokemon were looking at him and his new partner. Heck, some of them were looking at the two like they were LUNCH!

"Loki... Loki?"

At this point, Benjamin turned to his right, only to see Loki staring at a small puppy-like Pokemon. (This is a Lillipup. Benjamin doesn't know what it is.) They were both growling at each other, obviously in an extremely threatening manner. After two seconds of this, the puppy suddenly charged into Loki, knocking the Bulbasaur back multiple feet before he managed to come to a halt by digging his feet into the ground. Benjamin then knew that he and Loki were now fixing to partake in his their first battle together. Hopefully those memories of battling with his father's Venusaur and Magneton would help Benjamin now!

Thinking briefly, he figured Loki wasn't that high of a level. He knows Vine Whip, and Benjamin knows firsthand that it can cause quite a sting. Figuring on that was a good start, Benjamin pointed at the small puppy.

"Alright Loki, Vine Whip, followed by a Growl!"

"Bulba!" shouted Loki as a vine extended from his bulb and promptly smacked the puppy on the side of its face. The puppy then got up and charged again, only to briefly stop in its tracks, scared at the way Loki was growling at him, which was rather creepy, along with the smirk that was plastered on Loki's face. Seeing this chance, Benjamin focused on the puppy, smiling.

"Hit it hard with Tackle!"

Suddenly, Loki used his vines to push forward, giving him a burst of speed as he charged headfirst into the puppy. The puppy did multiple flips in the air before landing on its feet, albeit hard. When it opened its eyes, Benjamin began thanking Arceus that looks couldn't kill. This thing wanted Loki dead now, and it was obvious as it charged forward.

"Uh oh. I think we made it mad! Use Vine Whip before it gets to you Loki!"

Extending his vine again, Loki was aiming for the puppy's face. When it got close though, the puppy dodged the tip, then opened its mouth and latch onto the vine, causing Loki a great deal of pain.

"BULBASAUR!!!!!!!!!" shouted Loki as he flailed the vine around, the puppy biting down as hard as it could. Benjamin couldn't think of what to do! His first Pokemon was in extreme pain, as this puppy was trying to eat the vine! What could...he...do...

It came to Benjamin slowly. His father's Venusaur... It knew a move cause Leech Seed. The move would cover the target in a bunch of seeds, which would instantly sprout saplings that sapped energy from the opponent and gave it to the user of the move. Sometimes, the saplings would cause the target to barely move...

It was a longshot, but Benjamin needed to get the mutt off of Loki's vine, and fast.

"Loki! Listen to me. Hold your vine still and use Leech Seed on that dog! I know you are in pain, but I need you to trust me!"

For several seconds, Loki kept swinging the vine wildly, the pain getting to him. Eventually, he was able to control himself though and hold the vine still, keeping the dog in the air. He then situated himself, pointing his bulb at the mutt, releasing a number of seeds at it. Each one of them landed, and the results were near-instant, as one could see the puppy squirming and whining in pain while Loki was smirking more and more. He was getting more and more energy, and at this point, Benjamin decided it was time to end this battle.

"Loki, slam it into the ground, then smack it in the face with another Vine Whip," said Benjamin calmly as Loki quickly brought that vine down, slamming the creature into the ground and causing it to let go of Loki's vine. Loki then brought that same vine back and then threw it forward as hard as he could, wishing to have the puppy feel the same pain it made Loki feel...

WHAP!

That sound resonated throughout the area and it caused Benjamin to cringe. The only thing going through his mind was how much pain that Vine Whip had caused. He then looked at Loki, who was happy with himself.

"Good job Loki, but don't you think that Vine Whip was a little...much?"

Loki thought for a second and then shook his head, that smirk still on his face. Shaking his head, Benjamin began walking away, only to hear the puppy whimpering. This caused him to stop and look back. While it was certainly in tremendous pain, it was trying to get back up, and by the way it was staring at Loki, it still wanted to fight.

"It's gonna get itself killed like that," said Benjamin as he looked down at Loki...WHO WAS CHARGING IN TO FINISH IT OFF!

"LOKI! STOP!"

The Bulbasaur promptly stopped and looked back at Benjamin in shock. Benjamin was shocked at himself. He had never yelled like that at anything before... He knew why he did it. No one should strike down an obviously injured opponent. Still, he probably could have said it in a better way. At least his shout caused many of the Pokemon in the area to run off, while it caused the puppy to stand still, scared to death...

Feeling bad, Benjamin took out an empty Pokeball out of his backpack and threw it at the puppy. For his first time throwing a Pokeball, the button connected with the puppy. It then opened, absorbing the Pokemon inside with a white light. Upon closing, it landed on the ground and began shaking. Benjamin didn't want to catch this Pokemon at first, but now, since it was so badly hurt, it probably wouldn't have a chance surviving out here after its battle with Loki. At this point, Benjamin could only hope the Pokeball would work and catch the poor puppy...

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Nate_Dawg: That was a very good opening post. I look forward to the rest you have.
    Here's your information for your next few posts.

Chapter One: Welcome to Island Dauoalogn
    Post 2-5
    Depending on how long you want to be in the route, you can have as many posts (with a maximum of 4) to train/capture Pokemon here before continuing on to the next location. But you may not want to use all your Pokeballs on this route because there are other Pokemon to be found in other locations in this route. Great battling posts can also result in your Pokemon leveling up faster, and the rarer a Pokemon is, the harder it will be to capture and defeat.

If you are not familiar with trying to capture a Pokemon, you have to end your post with the Pokeball shaking after the Pokemon is transferred inside. Depending on how your battle with said Pokemon goes, I will say whether your catch was successful or not and what level it will be, because some vary.

Happy traveling!

Route 1:
    This path is a smooth path with very little hills, twists and turns. The sun beats overhead but it isn't too hot or it becomes uncomfortable. This is probably the longest path to the end of the island though, so it will take you at least a day or two to travel through here.

The Pokemon you can find in this location are:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

The Pinkie Pie: That was a very good post. I like Bulbasaur's personality, and how it needed to be told to stop. Good job!
    Benjamin caught a Male Lillipup!
    506.png

It's information has been uploaded to the OOC thread.

The Pinkie Pie

Years
  • The Pokeball stopped shaking and a resounding click was heard by Benjamin and Loki. With a heavy sigh, Benjamin walked to the Pokeball and picked it up, staring at it for a while. This is the first Pokemon he had ever caught, and he couldn't help but feel some excitement. He also couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor creature. Nonetheless, it, Loki, and Benjamin were now partners... Speaking of which...

"Loki... I..."

"Ba ba."

Benjamin looked down at Loki, seeing the Bulbasaur looking down at the ground. He had thought he was in trouble with Benjamin. Benjamin, however, had already forgiven Loki. He understood that instinct can be a powerful thing sometimes... He just wondered if what Loki was doing was truly instinct.

"Loki, I'm sorry for yelling at you. You didn't deserve that, however, we do not strike down obviously injured Pokemon. That puppy couldn't fight back," said Benjamin as he kneeled down in front of Loki, who was looking at Benjamin now. He still looked sad, but it seemed he was understanding why he was being talked to like this.

"Ba ba," said Loki apologetically. Benjamin could tell he was truly sorry as he stood up, smiling at Loki now. He had just gotten on to him, and now it was time to give the little guy congrats.

"You did great in our first battle Loki. Wonderful in fact."

"Bulba!" shouted Loki happily as ran alongside Benjamin. He understood a compliment when he heard one. That playful smirk appeared again though as he noticed a lone tree.

"Loki, we're gonna be fine... Loki? Not again..."

Benjamin was looking around for Loki again, hoping he didn't go off looking for a fight. He then looked up, swearing he could he snickering in the tree above him.

"Loki? ACK!"

Loki jumped off the tree and landed on Benjamin's back, sending him to the ground face-first. Loki just started laughing at that moment, while Benjamin was contemplating how in Arceus's name did Loki GET in the tree. He couldn't... Vine Whip.

"Loki, you're awesome, but you need to lighten up on the trickery, alright?" said Benjamin, having trouble to talk with Loki on his back. Soon though, Benjamin was able to push himself up, the Bulbasaur still on his back as he turned, sliding Loki off as he stood up and brushed his clothes off some.

"Anyways, we should probably check on our new partner and heal it up some. Now, try to be nice, okay?" asked Benjamin as he took out the puppy's Pokeball. Loki, in the meanwhile, decided to be useful and look around, make sure no other Pokemon would interrupt Benjamin. Noticing this, Benjamin pressed the button on the Pokeball and threw it in the air, releasing the puppy in a flash of white light. The puppy, however, looked like it had seen much, MUCH better days. It wasn't able to stand, but it did notice Benjamin. Upon seeing him, its ears perked up slightly. Did it already know that Benjamin was its trainer?

"Howdy little guy..." said Benjamin as he brought his backpack forward and slowly took out two potions. The puppy was weakened considerably. Benjamin didn't want to spook it. "I'm just gonna heal you up, k?"

Taking the potions, one in each hand, Benjamin began spraying their contents all over the puppy's body. When they were empty, Benjamin noticed the canisters were already breaking down. Biodegradable? That's neat. He then looked back at the dog, who was standing up now and...was it smiling at Benjamin?

"Lillipup!"

The dog then tackled Benjamin to the ground and began licking his face happily. Benjamin didn't know what to think at first, but then decided to go with it. This...Lillipup, was it? Yeah, Lillipup, was obviously thanking Benjamin. So, Benjamin petted the little puppy and sat up, holding the dog Pokemon. It was obviously happy, looking around... Huh?

"Uh oh."

Lillipup had noticed Loki, and he was growling again at the Bulbasaur. Was it still mad about the battle? Loki, in the meanwhile, just turned to the puppy and protruded a vine from his bulb. Lillipup just jumped out of Benjamin's arms and took a defensive stance in front of Benjamin. Seeing the situation, Benjamin got in between the two and raised his arms.

"Stop it! The both of you!" said Benjamin firmly. Loki quickly put back his vine, not wanting to get yelled at, while the Lillipup just sat down and focused its complete attention on Benjamin. Seeing he had their attention, Benjamin spoke again, his tone firm and strong. "Loki, this is our new partner. I'm not asking you to be friends with it, but I do ask that you be nice to the Lillipup and not start anything. Lillipup, you're new, but Loki and I are your partners. We need you to cooperate, okay?"

Loki just looked the other way and answered with a simple "saur," while Lillipup nodded its head at Benjamin, tongue sticking out.

"Arf! Lillipup! Arf!"

Benjamin raised an eyebrow at the Lillipup's way of talking... It spoke with its name as well as barking? Interesting to note. Maybe other Pokemon were like this?

"Now, Lillipup, I am Benjamin Auguste. The Bulbasaur over there is Loki. We're your friends. Now, are you a boy, or a girl?" asked Benjamin, kneeling in front of the Lillipup, who's short little tail was wagging. The Lillipup just simply barked once.

"Boy?"

Lillipup just nodded and let out another bark. Benjamin then began thinking of a name for this Lillipup. He seemed to already be loyal to Benjamin, which was good, and he was bold. It took some guts to stand up to something that just kicked your butt not that long ago... Hm...

"Say, may I call you Lelantos?" asked Benjamin to the Lillipup, who near instantly nodded his head and barked again. Benjamin smiled and looked over at Loki, who was smiling now at least.

"Loki, meet Lelantos."

Loki actually nodded towards Lelantos and turned back around, only to jump in surprise. Two Pokemon were there now, a Ponyta, and an Electrike, and both of them appeared mad. Benjamin just sighed. More territory issues, and both of these wanted a fight. Well... Perhaps Lelantos and Loki would give them one.

(OOC: Permission to have a wild double battle Royal?)

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • The Pinkie Pie: Good post! I liked that you included Lelantos's territorial side. And yes, you may do a double battle.

The Pinkie Pie

Years
  • (OOC: *takes a deep breath then lets it out* Okay... EPIC BATTLE POST, ENGAGE!)

The Ponyta and Electrike were coming closer and closer to Benjamin, Loki, and Lelantos. Benjamin knew what he had to do now. He was just worried. He had never taken part in a double battle before. Sure, he had seen many on television, even read about them in many of the books he read. Still though, there's a huge difference between those things and actually taking part in a double battle.

"Alright Lelantos and Loki. This will be our first double battle. Be glad that I know about these two. Ponyta is a Fire-type, while Electrike is an Electric-type. Lillipup, you know Tackle and Bite, as I've seen. Go after that Ponyta with Tackle! Bulbasaur, stay away from the Ponyta and see if you can cover that Electrike with seeds! Hop to it!" said Benjamin quickly as Lelantos immediately charged after Ponyta, barking as he did so. The Ponyta, however, was smart as it calmly jumped over the puppy Pokemon and blasted it with many small fireballs in the back. Benjamin knew this was Ember, a not very powerful Fire-type attack. Still though, he and Lelantos would need to be careful.

Loki, meanwhile, was having a bit more success with the Electrike, which charged at Loki while covered in electricity. Even though Benjamin knew the attack wouldn't hurt Loki that bad, he didn't want the Bulbasaur to get paralyzed.

"Loki, use Vine Whip to jump in the air, then use Leech Seed!"

Instantly, four vines came out from under Loki's bulb and pushed him off the ground, easily reaching at least ten feet in the air. With a smirk, Loki fired the evil seeds at the Electrike. While the Electrike was indeed fast, it wasn't able to dodge the seeds, as all six of the landed on the electric wolf pup. It cringed from the pain, but Benjamin could tell it would be a while before it was taken down.

"Loki, be sure to keep dodging whatever that little pup sends at you and smack it with Vine Whip when you get the chance. Lelantos-"

"ARF ARF ARF!!!!!"

Benjamin was cut off as he turned to his other partner, who had just been tackled by the Ponyta. The problem was that the Ponyta was still going, dragging the dog across the ground. At this point, Benjamin knew he had to figure out something, and fast.

"Loki! Tackle the Ponyta!"

Instantly, after smacking the Electivire with two vines at the same time, Loki charged the Ponyta, tackling it in the side and sending it into the ground. Loki then turned to Lelantos and began speaking to it. Benjamin wasn't able to understand what they were saying to each other, but he could swear that Loki was giving Lelantos a pep talk. He could only imagine what it sounded like.

"(Hey you sack of fleas and dog filth! Get your head out of your ass and get up! Benjamin and I need you!)" shouted Loki to Lelantos, who was certainly ticked off. However, it seemed the puppy was now smirking at Loki.

"(Yeah yeah jerkface. I'm on it!)" said Lillipup as he got back up and tackled the Ponyta in the side before it could get up. The Lillipup didn't stop though and kept going, slamming the flaming horse into the tree, back-first. Something about payback being cruel went through Benjamin's mind until he heard something. A painful scream came from the Ponyta's mouth, which made the Electrike angry enough to get off the ground and send a small, blue jolt of electricity at Loki, who wasn't able to see the attack. Before Benjamin could warn him, the electric jolt hit Loki, and he instantly froze. Benjamin knew exactly what happened. That little s.o.b had used Thunder Wave on the Bulbasaur...

"Damn! He's paralyzed... Think fast..."

But Benjamin wasn't able to think fast enough as the Ponyta suddenly opened its mouth and sent an Ember attack at Loki. It connected, and Loki began screaming. Benjamin's eyes grew wide as he saw Loki's bulb catch on fire briefly. Right then, instinct kicked in for Benjamin, who ran forward and covered up Loki, using his gloved hand to put out the fire on Loki's bulb. Unfortunately, Benjamin wasn't paying attention as the Electrike targeted him and charged, using the same electricity-covered tackle from before (Spark). Fortunately for Benjamin though, Lelantos noticed this.

"Master and Loki are in trouble! MUST PROTECT MASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" thought the puppy as he suddenly bit down on the Ponyta's throat, causing the horse to yell again. Using strength he didn't know he had, he spun around and threw the horse several yards. He had timed it just right too, as the Ponyta collided with the Electrike, knocking them both out cold almost instantly.

"The battle!"

Benjamin just looked back up, remembering that a battle was still going on, only to see Lelantos sitting in front of him, staring at the knocked out Ponyta, who was on top of the unconscious Electrike. Benjamin was shocked at this. This little puppy was powerful. Well, for his size, anyway.

"Lelantos, you did great! You too Loki," said Benjamin, looking down at Loki with a nervous smile. The small fire had been put out, and Loki appeared to be fine now, but Benjamin couldn't help being a little worried. He thought he was gonna lose a friend there...

When Benjamin stood up, Loki walked over to Lelantos and extended a vine. Lelantos was scared at first, but he then started thumping his right back leg against the ground, as Loki was scratching the area behind the Lillipup's left ear.

"(Ooooooo... That's the stuff,)" said Lelantos happily. Loki then stopped the scratching and smirked at the puppy. "(You did good kid. Real good.)"

Lelantos seemed right proud of himself for a bit there, until the vine that scratched his ear whacked him across the butt! With a bark, he jumped into the air and ran to Benjamin, jumping onto the shocked trainer's left shoulder. Loki was still smirking at the puppy.

"(But as long as I'm around, you'll only be second best, see?)"

"(Oh, it is SO on!)"

"Okay you two, that's enough," said Benjamin, laughing at the two Pokemon. While he couldn't understand what they were saying, he could see a friendly rivalry forming between the two. Some light competition would definitely help with training.

"Well, we should stay on our path and keep on going," said Benjamin, as he placed Lelantos back on the ground on his right side, Loki coming up on his left. Benjamin couldn't help but wonder what was gonna be at the end of this path. Hopefully nothing bad.

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • The Pinkie Pie: That was an excellent double battle! I look forward to your next post. Just let me know when you're ready for the next part, too.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Kris McKenna
    Chapter 1-3 - The Jungle

Kris clutched Thing tightly while they both watched the Pokéball roll, to the point where Thing let out a sort of low growl and snapped her jaws, letting Kris know she wasn't entirely enjoying the experience. "Oh, sorry!" Kris quickly said, which was also the moment when the ball stopped rolling. "We did it! Thing, totally did it!" Kris hugged Thing tightly once more and then scrambled to get hold of the Pokéball.

"Okay, Thing? I'm going to release this little fellow now, and I want you to please stand by in case it tries to do something, okay?" Stare. Snap. The old familiar combination, but she did position herself in front of her trainer in defense. She took a deep breath, raised the newly filled ball and pressed its button.

The first thing the Millipede did was roll up and attempt to hit Thing again. It was good that Thing was prepared, she immediately chomped down on her new team mate who uncurled again, panting. It had hardly any energy left but Kris had to admire its stubbornness. "Let's not attack each other, shall we?" She suggested, to which the bug narrowed its eyes at her. "First things first, are you a boy or a girl?" The millipede huffed at the second, possibly narrowing its eyes even further. "A boy then. You're kind of ugly…" Kris noted, trying to think of a name for the creature. Her comment got him to narrow his eyes even further, to the point of slits. "Can you even see that way?" Kris thought, amused by the thing. "I think Jorg suits you, and Jorg you shall be."

She got out the Potion she'd used on Thing, there was still a little less than half its contents left, which she used on Jorg. He needed to help them get out of the jungle and he could hardly do that when he could barely walk. Plus, who knew what might be lurking still?

"Now Jorg, Thing and I are in a bit of a pinch at the moment," Kris told him. "We're trying to get to the end of this route but the road seemed to have stopped. This is where you come in, I would like you to show us the way." She purposely didn't pose it as a question, not wanting to give Jorg the leniency to refuse. It was an order and she hoped to the Gods of begrudging bug-Pokémon that it would have a sense of duty and not just refuse anyway. Or lead her into a trap of some kind. Jorg just huffed and started to walk forward on his own pace.

Unfortunately, that pace was a snail pace.

"Can't you walk faster?" Kris complained after a little while. She really hated how slow they were going, they'd been walking for over an hour now but she didn't feel like they'd gotten very far at all. She'd tried picking Jorg up once, to just have him give her the directions, but he'd sort of hissed and puffed up and let her know that wasn't okay with him at all. So walking it was. Walking so. Very. Slowly.

The sounds hadn't abated since she'd gained Jorg, there was still the clicking and howling sounds every once in a while, and the creepy rustling around her except this time she couldn't aim the beam of her flashlight at it out of fear for losing Jorg. For a purple bug he was rather good at camouflaging with the foliage around him.

If she'd been wishing for a machete before, she would sell her kingdom for one now. No path meant having to crash through the brush which meant dodging trees, trying not to get caught by bushes and tripping over roots every few steps. She'd taken off her jacket because it had kept getting stuck and there were quite a few small tears in it now but that also meant that her arms were full of angry scratches. She should have listened to herself and used the ocean path, why was she always so damned stubborn?!

Suddenly there came a very loud whine, the kind a dog-pokémon made when it was in pain. Kris' rescue-instincts came to life immediately. Without a second thought she crashed through the foliage towards the sound, aiming her flashlight wildly and quite uselessly.

She stopped in front of the source, panting and scratched but otherwise unharmed. Before her she could see a very small Poochyena (she knew this one) caught in a huge spiderweb. The creators of said web weren't anywhere to be found, which Kris was extremely grateful for. The Poochyena was entirely trapped, the sticky threads wrapped all around his feet and torso and one of the legs was badly twisted which explained the painful whining. Kris looked back with her flashlight but her Pokémon were nowhere to be found. Stupid, running away from them so impulsively, but if she yelled out to them then the web's creators might return and then what would she do?

She approached the dog but stopped when it snarled at her aggressively. She understood why, it was hurt and cornered which was when creatures, humans and Pokémon alike, were the most dangerous. She had once seen an older rebel in the same position during the first year of the takeover. He had been trapped in an ally right by Kris' bedroom window, nurturing a twisted ankle and a nasty burn and nothing to defend himself. He'd fought back the Acies' Elektrike bare-handed, beating it hard enough to knock it out even though he was getting shocked by its attacks. He'd downed the trainer as well, going so far as violently biting the other man's arm to get away, only to have the alley blocked off by several more Acies. In the end they'd had to kill the man to get him down.

Kris shook the memory out of her head and crouched down the closest she could get to the Poochyena's level. "Shhht," she hushed it, making sure not to make direct eye contact but keeping it in her peripheral vision. "It's okay, I'm just trying to help you." She tried to whisper calmly but her own nerves betrayed her. She wasn't very good at handling Pokémon at all and she was rather afraid of the creatures that had trapped the wolf. Aiming her flashlight around her she could see several more webs between the trees around her and as far as she could see (which, due to the thick vegetation, wasn't very far). These creatures had been quite active. She assumed there were more than one, she didn't want to think about what kind of Pokémon could create it all on its own, that would be way out of her league.

"My kingdom for a knife," she muttered, approaching a web about a meter from the Poochyena. It eyed her warily, emitting a low growl whenever she got too close to him. The web proved incredibly difficult to break. She'd first grabbed a branch from a bush to test it: the branch stuck to the web but it wouldn't break it and Kris couldn't detach it from the web either. She was very glad she hadn't used her hands. She thought back to the contents of her pack but there was nothing sharp to use.

She took a deep breath and grabbed onto the web with both her hands, dropping the flashlight as she did so. It felt disgustingly sticky (and Kris wasn't the kind of girl to easily get disgusted) but she tried to ignore the feeling and pulled the string apart. It took a lot of muscle to do so (and Kris was the kind of girl to have muscles) but she was able to stretch the web to its breaking point, thus getting some tension off of the Poochyena. Getting the web off of her own hands was another challenge however. She managed to wrap the loosened threat that wasn't still attached to the wolf around a low-hanging branch of a tree and detached it from her hand.

She edged closer to the Poochyena, who growled again. She was seriously running out of patience. "Look, I'm trying to get you out of this trap before the ones who created it find us both," she hissed. "It would go a lot faster if you cooperated." The wolf let out another low growl, a warning, but didn't protest further as Kris approached it. She first put her free hand on its hide and pulled hard with the other one, to get the bit of severed web from its hide. It pulled a bunch of hair with it, causing it to whine but it didn't growl anymore.

She'd just started on the other thread when she heard the soft sound of multiple feet scrambling on the bark of a tree. She felt rather helpless, both hands still stuck to the web and her flashlight a little ways over. Poochyena growled again regardless of Kris' attempts to shush it. She doubted the growling would impress these creatures much and she didn't want to give away that they were there. Then again, they would most likely be adapted to seeing in the dark jungle. She was just going to have to man up and face them.

"Thing! Jorg!" She called out as loud as she could. "Come here quickly!" Now she only had to pray to the Gods of whatever-it-was-she-needed that they'd heard her. She heard a lot of angry clicking as the source of the web came towards them rapidly. In one quick motion she stood up, ripping the web with her. The flying tendrils stuck to everything it touched, including her arms and clothes and all over the Poochyena. She scrambled for the flashlight but before she could get there a new sticky thread of web attached to her hand. She pulled at it with all her might and heard a furious clicking over her head and then the sound of something hitting a tree. Before she could grab the light another thread attached to her elbow this time and almost simultaneously another to the wrist of her other hand. More threads were fired each attaching to some part of her and Kris was panicking quickly. She pulled her one arm and more clicking following thwats but almost immediately more threads attached themselves to her. Just how many were there?! She flicked one arm downwards, causing three creatures which she could vaguely see in the darkness to crash at her feet. Angrily she kicked two of them, causing them to fly into the bushes and against a tree trunk respectively. More webs took their places and she saw the two Pokémon she'd kicked creep away and into a tree again, ready to fire more webs.

She let out a sort of angry and desperate warcry and started to seriously pull at the webs, kicking every spider (for she could now vaguely see that's what they were) that made the mistake of getting within boot-range. A few stayed down but most just scrambled right into the trees again. "THING?! JORG?!" she called out quite desperate now. "HELP ME!" More pulling, more kicking, more critters that stayed down on the ground but always more in the trees. She felt something fly past her, and then another something getting caught in her shirt. She felt for it in the darkness and found a sort of dart, which she knew would be poisonous. She swore right then and there, and quite harshly too.

Then there was a sound of something crashing through the bushes. Several webs shot past her towards the noise and Kris used the distraction to pull herself free and dive for the flashlight. What she saw with her beam were first tree crawling with small green spiders who were now angrily firing at the cause of the rustling. She aimed her beam at it and slumped against a tree in relief: Thing and Jorg, the latter being on top of the former's head. Jorg looked pissed, but at least he had come. Thing was as unreadable as she always was.

There was a problem though, both Thing and Jorg were close-ranged fighters, and these spiders did their best works safely from a tree. And then she saw Thing do something she'd never seen her do: She burped. And not only did she burp (quite loudly too), she burped and for about two seconds a ring of white bubbles appeared in front of her mouth. She snapped her jaws multiple times after it disappeared, as confused about it as Kris was. Meanwhile Jorg, completely unnoticed by both Kris and Thing, had started rolling and rolled right up a tree. He rolled all over the length of a branch, throwing off the spiders left and right as he did so.

Kris aimed her flashlight around her, even more confused as to where Jorg had gone to. She was convinced the bug had taken his opportunity to leave when she noticed it was raining spiders all around her and aimed the beam at the trees. There Jorg was going nuts, rolling along the branches and hitting spiders left, right and center. Kris blinked, entirely confused by what was going on, meanwhile Thing was trying to get herself to burp again, not paying attention to what was going on. This spacing of hers got her a full string of web to the face while at the same time a spider shot a web at Jorg, causing him to fumble and fall to the ground.

Kris ran towards Thing, trying to pull the web from his face. There were poison darts being shot all around them, as well as webs to both Kris and her Pokémon. In a quick burst of inspiration Kris retrieved her jacket from her back and held it in the direction of the spiders. Within seconds it shook from the impact of several poison darts being fired at it, but thankfully none got through the fabric. Kris turned to Thing urgently. "That what you just did, I think it may have been a new attack for you," she said. "And it might be a very useful one. Do you think you can do it again?" Thing cocked her head but snapped her jaw in a way that Kris had come to understand meant "yes".

"Jorg!" Kris called over her shoulder just before her jacket got another load of poison darts. "I don't know exactly who you were doing that just now, but by all means, continue!" She didn't think her approving of Jorg's tactics would do him much, but she figured she should give them anyway. He was more than capable of handling himself but her encouragement was supposed to help in battles wasn't it? Thing was opening his mouth ever few seconds, trying to get the groove of the unknown move he'd used back. Kris could see a bright light building up in his throat when he did so but he was having major issues. "Come on Thing, you can do it!" She encouraged.

Jorg was now up in the trees again, curled in a ball and rolling madly one way or another. Any spider unfortunate enough to be in his path either got trampled or thrown out of the tree. Seeing him coming some spiders scurried away out of sight while other bravely stood their ground. Any poison dart fired his way would just bounce right off him, his skin thick and his momentum high. Any webs fired at him would cause the owner to fly madly behind him, or he'd reverse his way of rolling and meet the unfortunate critter head-on. The ground was started to get littered with fainted spiders to the point that most of the leftovers scrambled over each other to get the hell out of his way. In the end Jorg just stopped rolling as there was nothing in his path anymore. He looked at the leftover spiders, all punched up in one tree and looking at him wearily. His eyes narrowed and he shot a nasty glare at them. They all decided to choose life and scrambled away.

Kris lowered her jacket, noticing that it hadn't caught any darts in a while. She lifted her flashlight at the trees only to see Jorg perching on a branch triumphantly, looking content and cocky. Right at that moment Thing opened her mouth and shot a ring of circles at an empty tree. There was a bit of an explosion on impact and a whole branch fell to the ground with a thud. "You're a little late Thing," Kris said with a laugh, petting the orange Pokémon on her head. "But your contribution is noted."

Kris then remembered the Poochyena, the Pokémon all that had been about. She was still rather shaky from it all but squared her shoulders, doing her best to appear as if she had it all together. The small wolf was still stuck in the web and there were a few poison darts stuck in his hair but none seemed to have penetrated. They hadn't been aiming at it. Kris first very carefully plucked the darts from his hide and then, equally carefully, tried to pry the webs from him. Jorg had come down from the tree and approached the Poochyena as well. The wolf first growled, but Kris was quick to shush him. Together they managed to free it, Jorg having it quite easy as he just used his mandibles to severe the threads. Just as they had removed the last thread the Poochyena scrambled away as quick as it could on its wounded paw, trying to get away into the bush but Kris had been prepared and quickly threw a Pokéball.

"Sorry buddy but I can't leave you like that," Kris said to no one in particular as the ball was wriggling back and forther. "And Jorg, you're alright, you know that?" Jorg just glared at her, as if his help had been against his will and he still didn't approve of her. "And I don't think you're ugly after all."

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Swan: Very good post. I like what you did with the Spinarak as well as introducing Thing's new move.
    261.png

Kris caught a Male Poochyena! It's details have been uploaded to the OOC thread.

---

Extension of Route 3:
    The deep jungle seems to lessen up, and you find yourself seeing the sun through the canopy of trees. There are a few cut stumps that allow you to sit and rest. After a bit of time, you decide to continue on, until you see someone dressed in a familiar black and red outfit up ahead. You have enough forest to camouflage you and your Pokemon to get around him, but that's up to you.

Do you choose to confront the trainer and fight? Or try to find a way around him?

If you decide to battle him, end your post with him seeing you. I will post again to explain his Pokemon.

Route 3 Acies Trainer:
    The Acies trainer seems to be only just a grunt, but to you and your Pokemon he may be quite powerful. You may need both of your Pokemon to defeat him, but that is up to you. The fight can last one to two posts, and the reward when you defeat him, your Pokemon will gain much experience.

aciestrainer4.png

Acies Grunt
    Team (used in order):

215.png

#215 Sneasel
    Dark/Ice
    Moves: Quick Attack, Slash, Faint Attack

168.png

#168 Ariados
    Bug/Poison
    Moves: Bug Bite, Poison Sting, Night Shade, Toxic
    NOTE: Ariados is VERY strong. The battle with it should severely weaken your Pokemon, and you may need to use more than one Pokemon to defeat it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    Mask
    Route 1 – Day 1 – Part 1​

Who am I now?

Mask could not be sure how long she had been standing in place. The events of the day were beginning to wash over her in a terrifying wave of doubt and fear. It had only taken a couple dozen steps for the emotion to overwhelm her. The shining sun and gently breezes were lost on Mask as inner turmoil raged within her. It was a feeling she hadn't felt in a long time. It was a feeling she had buried down deep under many layers of calloused skin and cracked masks. It was a feeling of sadness…or was it relief…joy…anger? The tears in her eyes were making it difficult for Mask to figure out what she was feeling, but she knew she had a reason for burying it. Whatever the feeling was, she did not like it. Wiping the tears from her eyes, Mask took a step forward followed quickly by another. She was going somewhere and needed to be there soon. No crying today. She put on a stronger mask.

Where am I going?

Mask chose not to answer her own question and pushed herself forward. As she walked, Mask took in the nature that surrounded her. A brilliant sun showered her with warmth as occasional gusts of wind caressed her skin lovingly. Mask reprimanded herself for ignoring the beauty that was around her. It was something that she had rarely been able to enjoy as of late. Too many Acies officers with too may advantageous vices. Her last 3 months had seemed to be a haze of dark barrooms, midnight parties, and too many drinks. Traveling at night had almost become a requirement and only the worst hotel seemed to repel Acies grunts. To say the least, the sun and fresh air had become somewhat uncommon to Mask as of late. Her skin was already noticeable paler than she remember it being. Thirty seconds later Mask was walking barefoot down the path with as much of her skin exposed as her dared. Running around next to naked never seemed to turn out too well.

What am I doing?

Truly, Mask had no idea what Rayne intended for her and the small group of trainers to accomplish. Mask had always thought herself a talented person, but the most she had ever accomplished was to replace one domineering, cruel officer with another. Maybe embarrass a few cocky Acies member here and there. But in terms of revolution, she had not even made a noticeable ripple. She strongly doubted that the others of this newly formed ragtag had done anything noteworthy either. One of the perks of being around Acies higher ups is that you tend to hear interesting news from around the world. Mask had heard nothing. Regardless, what annoyed Mask most was the complete lack of direction they had been given. "Follow your path," was about the extent of what she knew to do. Then there was the whole deal about having a pokémon.

Mask had been rolling the pokeball in her hand since taking her first step on her current path. It had taken a bit of restraint to release her new partner immediately. "Do not release your pokémon until you can no longer see me," Rayne had said, or at least something along those lines. Mask had decided the command was something she should not contest. The further she got away from Rayne and the others, however, the more Mask's excitement turned into anxiety and melancholy. Thoughts of her old team began to flood her mind. Reaper and his black, hooded cloak could always be found hidden in the nearby shadows. The Scyther rarely let Mask out of his sight, and was prone to attacking with little provocation. The silly bug was loyal through and fiercely protective. Then there was Lady. The graceful Lopunny was very precious to Mask. The long eared pokémon had adjusted to Mask's constantly changing personality with surprising ease. Whatever Mask needed her to do, Lady did so without hesitation or question. Mask missed her company more than anything. Then there was Cycilia. The loss of her Ninetails was the hardest to take. Reaper and Lady were taken during the early stages of the war. Lady was a fixture at Mask's side and impossible to hide. She was the first to be taken. Reaper was never the same after that. Two weeks later, they took him too. He didn't go as easy as Lady though. The silly bug created enough chaos to allow Mask to escape once again. Cycilia was gone a month later. The Ninetails had belonged to Mask's mother. She was, in fact, Mask's last link to her deceased mom. The mist in her eyes caused Mask to force the thoughts back down. Crying is not going to bring them back, Mask spoke softly to herself. Maybe nothing will. But the least I can do is avenge them.

Mask stopped her walking and scanned her surroundings, using her hand to block the glare from the sun. A fall colored tree with an inviting shade stood about a hundred yards ahead of her. The exhaustion from a severe lack of sleep combined with the overwhelm amount of new information she had taken in was giving Mask the strong desire to sit down. Whether she would get up had yet to be determined. Dramatics aside, Mask needed a rest. Her mind and body were weak and needed too recharge. There were also some other issues that needed to be delt with. The thought of rest quickened Mask's paces, and she soon found herself nestled comfortably between two large roots underneath a canopy of leaves. Comfortable with her new situation, Mask let her focus drift to the small red and white ball in her hand. Forbidden and coveted, this small object had brought about the ruin of nations. It magnified the greed, pride, anger, and lust of people's hearts, and gave courage to those too weak to act on those baser instincts. Mask spun the pokeball a couple of times in her hand and tried to let the moment sink in.

What am I suppose to do?

If Mask was completely honest with herself, she had been dreaming of this moment for some time now. Well, almost this moment. In her dreams the pokeball would contain one of her original pokémon. Shaking her head, Mask loosened the thoughts grip on her mind and returned her attention to the problem at hand: should she even release the pokémon? Seems like a silly question until you put some thought into it. Being caught with a pokémon would pretty much mean death these days. Well, not immediate death. There would be days of torture and questioning first. By the end of that time, the Acies would know everything about this so-called revolution. This was nothing new to Mask, but she wondered if the other trainers were prepared for that fate. So what do you say? Mask questioned at she threw the pokeball into the air. Gloom, doom, and certain despair probably await us. We will most likely fail this mission. You will be taken from me and forced to serve another master with less peaceful intentions than mine. You will be forced to live in continuous torture. I, on the other hand, will be killed. So you can see that your fate is looking much worse than mine should I release you. On the positive side of things, we will look fabulous the whole way to our demise. Sound good to you? Mask stared at the pokeball intently for a moment before letting a smile consume the corner of her mouth. I agree. I'm up for anything as long as I look good doing it. With a quick press of a button, Mask unleashed her new partner into the world.

The red beam of light from the pokeball slowly began to morph into a distinguishable figure. Small-undeveloped yellow and red wings with black stripes were soon joined to a small green spherical body. Red tail feathers erupted from the back of the creature, matching the single red plume growing from the top of the its head. Small red three-clawed feet kept the creatures of having to roll on the ground. A small yellow beak finished off the pokémon's features, but Mask was having a hard time noticing anything other than the creature's black, unblinking eyes.

Is this worth it?

Mask held her breath a moment as the small pokémon stared quietly back at her. A strange surge of excitement had left her silent and oddly paralyzed. I have a pokémon… Happiness flood through her body as the thought crossed her mind. It came as a surprise to Mask who only moments before had been debating on weather not to actually release the pokémon from its ball. Now the thought of putting the pokémon in front of her back into the pokeball seemed a fate worse than death. Natu. The name came suddenly to Mask's mind along with a unexpected surge of information. Apparently she had learned some things during her time as a trainer after all. Unless I'm mistaken, this should be a flying type pokémon with psychic traits as well. Mask's eyes came to rest of the small bird's wings again and a small smile crossed her face. Well, flying type in theory at least. Might be awhile before lift-off. The small Natu had still yet to move or make a noise while Mask was struggling to contain her giddiness. Unable to hold back any longer, Mask said the only thing she could think of saying, "Ohhhh, you are just the cutest thing I've ever see."

Mask clasped her hands over her mouth and nose and discovered a surprising amount of wetness had formed beneath her eyes. At the same time she moved, the small Natu closed its eyes with what looked to be satisfaction, jumped into the air, and made the most precious chirp that Mask had ever heard. Reaching out her hands quickly, Mask caught the Natu before it landed and brought the creature to her check. As she snuggled the creature to her face, tears poured unhindered down her face.

Who am I now?

OOC: Uhm, I promise that I will actually cover some ground in my next post. I have free time tonight, so I should get the ball rolling soon.

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Nate_Dawg: Aww, now that was a precious post! I look forward to your next few posts and the growing relationship between Mask and her Natu.
    Natu's info has been updated in the OOC thread.

The Pinkie Pie

Years
  • The day had been long and rough, but it provided many new lessons for Benjamin and his two partners, Loki and Lelantos. They had been walking since the wild double battle with the Ponyta and Electrike. It was getting dark now though, and Benjamin was hunting for a place to sleep. Walking here during the night would just be stupid, what with the Pokemon around here being so territorial.

"All right guys, that tree over there looks good. We need to catch some sleep," said Benjamin, pointing to the largest tree he had seen in this area yet. One of the branches was low enough for him to jump up to. Loki, well, he could just use Vine Whip to get himself up. Lelantos was different though. Benjamin would probably have to put him on the low branch first before he climbed up.

"Okay then, Loki, you know what to do."

With that, Loki threw a vine to the near top of the tree and in a near instant, got himself up there. Benjamin leaned down and picked up Lelantos, putting him on the branch afterwards. He then took several steps back, and with a good run, he jumped and pulled himself up onto the branch. Once he got situated, he put Lelantos in his lap and leaned back. Soon though, Loki came down to that branch, smiling at Lelantos and Benjamin.

"Bulba?"

"Yeah Loki, you can sleep down here with us too," said Benjamin, figuring that was what Loki was asking.

And with that, Loki was instantly asleep, snoring rather loudly for a Pokemon of his size... This surprised Benjamin slightly. He had never seen a Pokemon snore so loud or go to sleep so fast...before.

Yeah, he had. His father's Venusaur would do that a lot too. When the sun went down, and he knew he had nothing else to do, he would near-instantly crash. Benjamin always figured that was how the Bulbasaur family was. When the sun goes down, they probably have little energy to do anything else. Benjamin remembered one time going camping with the Venusaur. The sun had been down for a while, and the poor thing just couldn't take it anymore. He just crashed, in the middle of a huge puddle too. What was really funny was that he had covered Magneton in muddy water, causing the Magnet Pokemon to get rather irritated. The next day was a blast too...until they went home....

That was the day the Acies came for them...

Benjamin looked back up at Loki again, and that was when the dam broke and the tears started flowing. He missed Venusaur and Magneton. He missed them so much... Why? Why did the Acies take them away? Why take two Pokemon who had maybe ten battles in their entire lives? They weren't a threat.

And then, the sadness boiled into pure crying rage as Benjamin's fists curled, almost instantly becoming pale. Benjamin then punched the tree with his left fist, a loud thud being made from the result. Blood began flowing from the back of it almost instantly, but Benjamin didn't care. He was so lost into his memories to give a damn...

"Master... Master is hurting... Must help," thought Lelantos as he stood on his hind legs in Benjamin's lap and began licking his face, hoping to calm Benjamin down.

"Huh?" and it did. It took a few seconds, but Benjamin snapped out of it as Lelantos licked Benjamin's tears away.

"But now... I have two new friends. Friends that I'll never lose again," thought Benjamin as he hugged the Lillipup. "Thank you Lelantos."

The Lillipup just responded by snuggling up into Benjamin, and soon, both went into a peaceful sleep, despite the awfully loud snoring coming from Loki.

*skiparoo*

All three of them had been sleeping peacefully for a while before Lelantos was awoken. At first, he wasn't sure what the noise was, so he tried to go back to sleep. It was then he caught whiff of something that caused his eyes to go wide. He looked towards the base of the tree, and immediately saw what was making the noise as well as where the scent came from.

An Electrike was at the bottom of the tree. This Electrike wasn't a normal Electrike though. It was slightly bulkier, obviously having more experience in battle than the average Electrike around here. Noticing Lelantos looking down at it, the Electrike stopped its light barking and smiled up to the Lillipup.

"(Well hey there Spiky! Why don't you come down here? We have...business to talk about,)" said the Electrike in its species tongue. Lelantos cringed at his former name, as well as how the Electrike spoke to him. He knew this Electrike really well. It was the leader of many Electrike in the area, and Lelantos had figured out why the pack leader was here now.

Taking his time, Lelantos jumped down, hoping he didn't wake Benjamin. Master needed his rest, and Lelantos didn't want to trouble him with this mess. When Lelantos landed, he looked up to the Electrike and softly gulped. Unfortunately for him, it heard him

With shocking quickness (pun INtended), the Electrike tackled Lelantos into the tree, It then placed its front-right paw on Lelantos's throat and growled loudly.

"(What in the HELL did you think you were doing, knocking out my little sister and her best friend like that? She was looking for you. You are her favorite playtoy after all. What, do you think you're too good for her now? Do I need to remind you who is running the show here?)" asked the Electrike, venom in its tone as it bared its fangs. Lelantos, fearing for his life, whispered his answer.

"(We-Well, she and Sunny were threatening to hurt my n-new master,)" said Lelantos, tears coming from his eyes now. The Electrike heard the answer, and it started thinking for a little while. It soon came to a conclusion, smiling a toothy-grin as it did so.

"(Oh? Well then, you seem to forget, I'M THE MASTER HERE! Just to remind you, I'm gonna wrap my jaws around that human's throat and taste its blood! You, in the meanwhile, will go to my sister, apologize, and you will be her b*tch from this point until you DI-)"

"(YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MASTER!)" shouted Lelantos as he used his strength to push the Electrike off of him. In a burst of adrenaline, he then tackled the Electrike, sending it further back. The Electrike quickly shook off the damage and stood up, staring at Lelantos with surprise clear on its face. Lelantos, in the meanwhile, had just realized what he had done, and he was scared. No one messed with this Electrike and lived to tell about it. No one. Fortunately for Lelantos, his screaming woke up his guardian angel.

"Get the HELL back from Lelantos you piece of crap!"

Benjamin jumped down, glaring daggers at the Electrike, which wasn't afraid of him. In fact, it seemed to become more excited.

"(Mm... Yes... More fresh meat,)" said the Electrike, licking its fangs then lips. This caused Lelantos to get in front of Benjamin and howl. He wasn't gonna let this evil Pokemon touch Master!

"If that's the way you want it, so be it. Lelantos, use Tackle!"

The Lillipup charged forward, but the Electrike just went down the hill, getting to where the moon's light wouldn't shine. Benjamin, meanwhile, grimaced at this. This bulkier-than-average Electrike was smart and using the darkness against them. Not good!

Lelantos looked around, trying to sniff the Electrike out, only to no avail. He then used a technique he learned not too long ago, causing his nose to glow. It also caused him to be able to pick up scents better. He didn't know what it was called, but Benjamin did.

"Smart thinking Lelantos! Odor Sleuth will help out greatly here!" said Benjamin excitedly. The only problem was, they were too late, as a green blur tackled into Lelantos's side. Before Benjamin could issue a command, it was gone into the darkness again. At least Lelantos would know where the Electrike was now though through scent.

"Dammit! It knows Quick Attack! That'll cause only more issues. Lelantos, sniff him out and use Tackle again!"

Obeying Master's words to a tee, the Lillipup located the Electrike and charged, only to be knocked back by the green blur again before it could hit. Benjamin, at this point, started grating his teeth together. At this rate, the Electrike was gonna kill Lelantos. What could they do?

A brilliant plan came to Benjamin. Yes... That could work.

"Lelantos, anger it! Make it angry!"

This caused Lelantos to turn and look at Benjamin like he was crazy, but only briefly. He trusted Master.

"(Hey you...you big bully!)" shouted Lelantos into the night. He wasn't use to talking smack. It just wasn't his thing. He was more of a shut up and fight kind of guy. Nonetheless, he soon decided to just state his opinion on this Electrike's little sister.

"(YOUR LITTLE SISTER IS A WHORISH SL*T!)"

A deep growl could be heard from the darkness to Lelantos's left as Benjamin noticed light coming from there. Soon, he was able to make out the Electrike's shape as it charged forward, covered in golden electricity that was going everywhere. Seeing this chance, Benjamin smiled and waited. When the Electrike was six feet away from Lelantos, he decided to initiate his plan then.

"LELANTOS! JUMP INTO THE AIR NOW!"

Lelantos quickly jumped, dodging the Spark attack. The Electrike wasn't able to stop in time as he crashed head-first into a rather large, oddly-placed rock. Now, who could have placed that there? (Hm... :3) Happy with this, Benjamin smiled over to Lelantos, who was back on the ground now.

"Lelantos, Tackle!"

Not needing to be told twice, the puppy Pokemon ran forward and crashed into the Electrike, which let out a loud cry. It was stuck in between a rock and a hard place (quite literally), and Benjamin knew he and Lelantos had him now.

"Do it again! After that, finish it off with Bite!"

Lelantos ran back to where he was before and ran forward again, crashing into the Electrike once more. This time, the Electrike didn't have the strength to move as Lelantos suddenly bit down on the Electrike's left hind-leg. Using his strength, Lelantos picked up the Electrike and began flinging it around, causing more pain. Eventually, he stopped and tossed it towards Benjamin. Landing in front of the human, the Electrike's eyes widened.

"(No! NOOOO! Not tha-)"

And then, in a flash of white, it went into the Pokeball. Upon landing, the Pokeball started shaking. Benjamin didn't want to keep this thing. He just wanted to make sure it would never bother Lelantos ever again. Hopefully, this capture would be successful.

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • The Pinkie Pie: Now that was an entertaining post. But, try to get the language to a more PGish atmosphere. It doesn't bother me, I'm just not sure if this place has filters. xD
    What is this... it seemed you got a color wrong due to the light. Not only was this Electrike bigger and stronger than those of its species, but-
    309.png

It is actually a Shiny Pokemon! It also knows the move Wild Charge.
    It's information has been updated into the OOC thread.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    Mask
    Route 1 – Day 1 – Part 2

"Gust?... No, that is too lazy. Clariece?... Wait, I think I used that name before. Yes, I definitely used that name. Clariece was not the best person in the world. You are much to sweet to be named after her. Oh dear, I'm getting nowhere… What about…" Mask continued to rattle off name after name as she walked along the peaceful path laid out in front of her. Mask's new company sat happily on her shoulder bobbing back and forth, occasionally nuzzling herself on Mask's cheek with an affectionate chirp. The action never failed to bring a smile to Mask's face. The red haired girl would return the favor every now and then by scratching the tiny pokémon under its beak using her index finger. Another affectionate chirp, another blissful smile. "May I should just call you Bliss," Mask half joked as she turned to see the Natu's reaction. She was met by a blank, unblinking state. One of the pokémon's particularly cute habits was it tendency to have spontaneous staring matches. The tiny bird would occasionally stop moving on her shoulder and lock its eyes on a random object and refuse to look away until the object had moved or was out of sight. Thankfully, this contest was one that could be controlled. Mask puffed out her cheeks and opened up her eyes extra wide, receiving a slight jump and a victorious chirp from the Natu. "A good description, but I think I can do better."

The naming game entertained Mask for a decent portion of the day. Before she knew it, the sun had descended to the horizon, immersing the area in a pale orange light. Mask paused for a moment to take in the serene scene before her. How many sunsets have I ignored over the year? It wasn't that Mask had never taken the time to watch a sunset, the problem was that she had only ever used the event as a countdown to carrying out a plan. The night had always been a more efficient time to carry on secret plans, especially with the profile of her targets. Plus it was always harder to completely distinguish a person's features in dim lighting. Mask had no doubt that her face was plastered on multiple walls across the region of Secondus. Some were from spurred lovers searching for the seductress that took away their riches. Other were from families Mask had lied her way in to being a part of searching for their missing loved one. A few were put up by Acies members claiming her to be a murderer and a thief. The only thing the posters had in common: they all only slightly resembled her.

While the night had served her well over the years, Mask had always longed for a day that she would be able to walk around in the daylight without fear of being kidnapped because some Acies member thought she was cute. She dreamed of a day when a knock at the door didn't mean death. And what was today if not a dream. A knock came to her door last night, and now she found herself walking down a sunny path with a pokémon on her shoulder no less. Maybe I did die last night, Mask thought to herself with a humorous grin. Or maybe I'm being tortured right now, and this is the only way my mind could deal with it. Mask knew what she was seeing was real, but that didn't make it any more unbelievable. Taking a deep breath, Mask scanned the area in front of her and spotted a small group of trees. "It isn't a classy place, but I have slept in far worse," Mask said as she turned her head to the small Natu on her shoulder. The small bird was happily rocking back and forth from one of its feet to the other. "I will take that as you being okay with the rooming arrangements for the night," Mask giggled as she scratch the small pokémon under its beak.

With the fading sun at her back, Mask couldn't help but watch her shadow stretching out in front of her. The massive shape moved in front of her, matching each of her steps with ominous precision. The form disappeared for a moment, engulfed in a sea of shadows, only to appear again a second later. A tree or some other object had obstructed the sunlight's path to her. It would be foolish to think her shadow had left her. It was never too far away. That was one thing she had in common with the rest of the world. With the right power at their back, anyone can darken the path in front of them. Another flicker of darkness consumed her shadow. This time it was too quick to be a tree. Mask turned quickly to try and locate the culprit. It only took a moment to spot the large bird pokémon overhead. The glare from the sun made it difficult to make out much many features, but the light reflecting off the pokémon's body was impossible to miss. "Skarmory."

Mask's body tensed as she quickly dropped to a crouch. The sudden movement startled the Natu enough for Mask to receive an alarmed chirp as the pokémon moved itself closer to its master face. Mask's head and body rotated slowly in a circle as she searched for anything that could be a nest. This plain is not a common habitat for Skarmory. A nest of brambles should be pretty easy to spot. Mask was again surprised by the sudden influx of knowledge. It was true that she had studied the different species of pokémon on several occasions when she needed some information for a job, but nowhere near enough to have the knowledge on call like this. Then it clicked, The Aviator.

The bramble nest sat about a fifty yards to her left, slightly obscured by a large boulder and some smaller rocks. The Skarmory had probably spotted her a while ago and wanted to keep an eye on Mask. If the nest had been any closer to the path, the bird might have attacked. Thankfully, the Skarmory seemed intent on just watching. As long as she just kept walking, Mask and her pokémon would be fine. Standing up slowly and keeping her eye of the large bird pokémon overhead, Mask resumed walking towards the small groove of trees. Two steps later, Mask found herself laying flat of the ground. Walking without looking where she was going was a poor decision. A few rocks freckled the otherwise clear path, and Mask had managed to trip over one of them. Cursing her carelessness, Mask pushed herself off the ground and began to dust herself off. "I'm so sorry, baby," Mask said while attempting to clean off her dress. "I hope I didn't scare you." Mask turned to find the small Natu in the middle of a staring contest with the rock she had tripped over. The rock did not look happy.

You have got to be kidding me. There are only like four rocks anywhere near us, and I somehow manage to trip over the one that is a Geodude. The rock pokémon's eyes shifted back and forth between Mask and the Natu as it lifted itself out of the ground. Bits or loosened rock and dirt tumbled off the Geodude's head, but its unhappy eyes remained the same. The look of anger became particularly harsh whenever the pokémon's gaze shifted to the Natu who was only a few feet from Mask after hopping off her shoulder during the fall. Wild pokémon are not particularly fond of trained pokémon. At least that is what I was told when I was little. Doesn't look to be completely wrong. Regardless of what wild/trained pokémon relations were really like, Mask needed to figure a way out of their current situation. Her Natu didn't seem to be the most battle hardened creature in the world. Mask did not know how comfortable she would be training such a precious pokémon to battle either. That was a different dilemma for a different a time. Mask needed to deal with the Geodude. Risking some movement, Mask took a step towards the Natu…

Mistake. The Geodude apparently took the movement as aggression and launched itself at the tiny bird. The Natu, having just won another staring contest, launched itself slightly into the air and right into the hands of a diving Mask. The red haired girl had hope that her momentum would carry both of them out of the Geodude's attack, but her stomach dropped when she felt the pokémon clip her leg. The pain was minimum, but the hit altered her body orientation. Mask tried to readjust but landed awkwardly, sliding to rest with her back propped up on another rock. A fierce chirping against her chest told Mask that her Natu fine. Confused but fine. "Alright girl, this thing wants to fight. Let's show him we are not to be messed with." The Natu chirped in agreement as Mask pushed herself up to a sitting position and focused on the Geodude in front of them.

The rock pokémon looked rather irritated from having its target taken away. The unhappy pokémon slammed both of its hands into the ground with a distinctive crunch and used them to launch itself directly at Mask's chest. She had to act quick. "Sweetie, aim a Night Shade at its right side." The Natu obeyed without hesitation as a purple aura flew from the small bird pokémon to the attacking Geodude. Mask could not be sure, but she thought she saw a swirling torrent of water in the aura. She didn't have time to think on it though. Right as the attack connected, the Geodude tried to move itself to the left with a look of what appeared to be fear on its face. Seeing the opportunity, Mask rolled herself to the right, covering up the Natu as she did. A second later, the sound of rock hitting rock filled Mask's ears. The red headed trainer rolled twice more before pulling herself up to one knee. It only took Mask a moment to reanalyze the situation. It only took her two moments to realize they were screwed.

Where one Geodude have been, now stood two. Mask had somehow only managed to come in contact with two rocks the whole day. Both of them were Geodudes. "I think I figured out a good name for you, Sweetie. It's Trouble." Thankfully, the two rock pokémon seemed more interested in each other. They had just collided after all. Mask took a shallow breath and whispered softly, "I'm going to back up slowly. We will leave them to their own company and…" Before Mask could finish, the earth shook suddenly as if something large had hit the ground. A second later, the air was filled with a terrifying cry. Mask turned as quickly as she dared and met the eyes of a large and very intimidating Skarmory. Behind the steel pokémon sat a noticeably closer nest of briers. She had accidently moved too close to pokémon's nest while trying to avoid the Geodude. The large bird pokémon bared its teeth and took a step forward. Mask was at a loss for what to do. Things had gone from bad to worse to awful so fast her head was spinning. The first battle I have with my new pokémon is going to end with both us being torn apart by an over-protective mother. The uncontrolled shivering in her arms shook Mask out of her hopelessness. No, I can figure this out. I have to figure this out. Mask took the most unthreatening step back she could manage. If she could just back up without provoking the Skarmory, everything would be okay.

The Skarmory, however, was done with warnings. Letting out another cry, the giant bird raised its head with the intention of bringing its beak down upon Mask. The red haired trainer's eyes were widening with fear when her ears caught the sound of a familiar crunch. Without any better plans, Mask dropped to her back. Right the Skarmory brought its beak down, a rather unhappy rock flew right through were Mask's head had been and into the chest of the Skarmory. The Geodude flopped to the ground in a daze while the Skarmory reeled backwards form the impact. Seeing her opportunity, Mask gave the command to attack. "Hit the Skarmory with a Night Shade!" The small Natu was still shaking, but obeyed the command without much delay. The large bird stopped reeling and started to shake its head. They were small shakes at first, but soon the creature was thrashing about in fear. Rolling to her left, Mask pushed herself to her feet and starting running. She had to make it to the trees.

Five steps into her sprint, Mask looked over her shoulders. A very angry Skarmory ceased its thrashing. Whatever images were bothering it were now gone. The large pokémon turned its focus to the dazed Geodude at its feet. Four furious attacks later, the rock pokémon had fainted. Mask turned her attention to her destination. One second later, her feet were at the same height of her head. Something impacted her legs and took her feet out from under her. Mask landed harshly on her left shoulder. Pain shot through her upper body as she tried to figure out what happened. Her Natu made a series of alarmed chirps that grabbed her attention. The tiny pokémon was out of her hands and standing to the left of Mask's head. The Natu had its eyes locked on the Geodude that had just crashed into them. Why me? Mask thought as she tried to stop her head from spinning. I didn't even do anything to you. Go fight that Skarmory that beat up your friend

A gust of wind from flapping wings stopped the spinning in Mask's head. A moment later, a larger angry Skarmory had positioned itself over Mask. An fierce cry removed any hope that it just wanted to cuddle. How did it get here so fast? Mask was pulled from her thoughts by the sound of an impact and a painful chirp. Mask turned her head to see her Natu hit the ground with a bounce. "NOOO!" The sight was too much from her to bear. Before hitting the ground a second time, the Natu adjusted itself mid-air and landed on its feet. Movement out of the corner of her eye alerted Mask of the Skarmory's attack just in time. The red haired trainer threw her body as far left as the Skarmory would allow. The large bird pokémon's beak slammed into the ground where Mask's head had been. Her new position gave her a better view of her Natu and the Geadude. The rock pokémon was preparing for another attack. Mask knew they were running out of time and luck and knew she needed to take control. "Alright Sweetie, do exactly as I tell you. I need you to leer at the Geodude." Only able to see her pokémon's back, Mask could only pray that she obeyed. As the Geodude launched itself into a tackle, the Skamory raised its head for another strike. "Now! Jump!" The Natu hopped into the air, just as the Geodude was about to connect with its tackle, and just cleared the top of the rock pokémon. One moment later, and for the second time in about a minute, a Geodude slammed into the attacking of the Skarmory. The impact knocked the Skamory off of Mask and sent it to the ground.

Not believing for one moment that the fight was over, Mask was on her feet in a flash and quickly scooped her Natu into her arms. "Good job girl. You are doing amazing." Mask was rewarded with a surprisingly cheerful chirp. An angry cry and five consecutive strikes of beak on rock alerted Mask to the fact that she didn't have much time to reach the trees. At least the Geodudes were taken care of. When she heard the cry from overhead, she knew they weren't going to make it. Mask anticipated the strike and rolled under the Skarmory's claws. Her momentum carried her right into the base of the first tree. Mask's head struck the trunk. She struggled to not black out as pain shot through her head and down her back. When her vision cleared, Mask found herself staring into the eyes of the Skarmory. She shouted the only command she could think of as it raised its head. "Use Night Shade!"

The Skarmory seemed less affected by this attack than it had been previously, but it shook its head just enough. The large pokémon's beak smashed into the tree trunk with enough strength to shake the whole thing. As leaves began to fall down upon them, Mask pulled the Natu as close too her as possible. She felt at peace with the pokémon close to her. "Serenity," she whispered as the Skarmory ripped its beak from the tree. The bird pokémon wasn't going to miss again. "I'm so sorry," Mask apologize as she looked up in the desperate hope that her white knight was coming to save her. Instead, she saw a sea of red eyes leering from the shadows of the tree.

OOC: Well alright then. That was eventful. I still have the second half of this to finish, but it won't be near as long...at least I don't think it will.

Back