• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Red Rescue Team Complete Team Control Hack / Mod [v1.6.6]

Years
    • Me / That
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    AnyWiltedDeviltasmanian-size_restricted.gif

This is a hack/mod for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team - that gives you complete control over all the Pokemon in your team.
    Press start to change your control mode between manual and automatic. While in automatic control mode, the game will play as it normally does, where your partners are controlled by AI. In manual control mode, you will have full control over every one of your Pokemon in a single round: after moving with your first Pokemon, you'll be given control over your next partner, before the next, until you've moved with every one of your Pokemon, where control will be passed back to your leader after your enemies have moved. Note that you can only change control modes on your leader's turn, and if you swap places with a teammate, the teammate's next turn will be skipped.
    While it is super helpful to prevent your partners from spending power points willy-nilly or walk into traps you just stepped on, as well as making them use toolbox items or specific moves as soon as you need them, controlling two or more Pokemon at the same time is harder than you'd think! There's a lot of challenge in finding the right moves to use at the right time, within the constraint of the turn order. This hack transforms Mystery Dungeon into a strategy game - it's a Pokemon experience like none other!
    Also, PARTNERS TRIGGER HIDDEN TRAPS: this was added to balance the game, but it's possible to turn this off - read the enclosed .txt file.
    I also made a version of this hack for Explorers of Sky.

INSTALLATION
    Spoiler:

Attachments

• CTCv1-6-6.zip
      12.3 KB · Views: 217
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    What about recruiting Pokemon? Can your partner now recruit Pokemon too? Or is it still the leader who needs to deal the final blow?

Years
    • Me / That
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    What about recruiting Pokemon? Can your partner now recruit Pokemon too? Or is it still the leader who needs to deal the final blow?
    I haven't tested it, but I'd imagine partners can in manual mode, since partners become the leader on the turns you control them.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Me / That
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    This might just be the next big step in ROM hacking.
    Thanks for the compliment! I hope so.
    I just updated the hack with basically every major bug I found fixed, and included a second version that changes modes with a button combo so enter can be used for its original function. FeraligatrMaster's question has a different answer now - in order to fix a bug, I had to add code which changes leaders to the first Pokemon whenever a partner's attack is executed, so I doubt enemy Pokemon can be recruited by anyone other than the leader now.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    This is extremely neat! I also appreciate that you gave the info of the changes you made so other people can use it in their own hack if they wanted to (if anyone ever gets around to that). I can definitely see a difficulty hack that gives this as a feature to even the playing field. I wonder if much work would be needed to get this working in Sky too (heck, even the 3ds games, depending on if the games are still similar enough).

Years
    • Me / That
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    There is a hack like that already, called Advanced Rescue Team. I've got a patch in my hack's download files that can be applied to a ROM which already has the current version of ART applied to it, if you're interested. The next version of the ART hack is going to come with my code already included, along with some other assembly code I'm working on.
    Also I really want to make a version of this for EoS one day. How the game stores Pokemon's data in dungeons is really similar to RRT, but from what I've seen, the game's engine is completely different - hopefully it's intuitive.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2022
    Would it be possible, that you release a version of the hack for the European version? I would love to use it in my playthrough.

Years
    • Me / That
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    It should work, but you may have to patch your rom on a computer before transferring it to your device

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    Is there anyway to designate controlers to each partner? Ether way this is a very good mod.

Back