• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An interview with ZKE

ZKE

Not an ounce of maturity.
Years
INTRO
So, hi there. I'm ZKE, aka Zed Kal Eios as per my DA screen-name, itself a permutation of my alias on FFN. I've been a 'general' spriter for about thirteen years, but only really began to pay any attention to the craft about five years ago when I turned my attention to pokemon. Subsequently my writing has fallen off.

ART
My main claim to fame regarding art has been my Izaga Region, the bare-bones of which can be found in my gallery. What started with a map has grown into a partially full 'dex, a small host of trainers, and a world of lore I'd love to share. I occasionally dabble in Miiverse drawings, the base of which recently evolved into my proudest actual piece of pixel art for the Weekly Pixel Challenge. I've never really gotten the hang of digital art or traditional but I want to expand into the former to better illustrate my concepts.

So. That about sums up the opener, I now open the floor to you fine gents and ladies.

Years
Zed Kal Eios, nice!

I'd like to know, what's your job/education with art irl? Is this just a hobby for you, or do you have plan to professionally pursue art?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Thread stuck!

ZKE, I've followed your art for quite some time now and been able to really see you develop as a strong pixel artist over the last year. What would you say are your major influences in art? Was there a game (other than pokemon, obviously!) that helped shape the kind of artist you are today?

Years
I look up to Nina for her incredible pixel work and sketching/illustrations, and Kirby for her own.

Awwww! :^)

If you had all the budget in the world to dedicate to a project, like an art project or video game, what kind of thing do you think you would create?

Back