• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Years
Wow these are all pretty cool! You seem to have put a lot of thought into the whole region and the story it's connected to :> I like that you have two different professors - that's a nice change!

The sprites are all very well done and I like most of the designs, too!

There's just one thing I noticed, and idk it might be just personal taste, but some of your evolutions look almost exactly like their previous forms. I see that especially in the dragon/rock starter, the new additions to the Torkoal line and the Relicanth evolution. They don't really look like independent forms of their own but more like simply bigger or smaller versions of their (pre)evolutions.
If that's on purpose and maybe a special trait of your region, I apologise! It's just unusual compared to the changes that Pokemon usually undergo :>

Still great work, and I'm excited to see more!!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oh wow, this is really impressive! It seems like you've really got all your ducks in a row here. It's nice to see more fully fledged out protagonists and fakemon. So, real quick, small critique.

Your Izaya piece. It's well pixelated, but the animation is a little choppy. Add a few more layers in between the major movements and use your frame speed to smooth it out. Make sure to have clear beginning and ending frames of your animation as well. Right now it just looks like he's continually rotating his arm in circles because there's no discernible end to his motion. Also keep in mind that all parts of the body are connected, so when his arm moves, other parts of him should move too. Maybe he moves his head or bends his knees or turns to the left, whatever you choose. If you want the animation to look more organic and fluid, give him more subtly moving parts.

Overall though, really great work! :)

Years
Oooh that's a nice design! And well executed, too. I really like it :>

And I must've been blind because I only just noticed the new types you added. Light and Wyvern, right? What did you have in mind regarding their weaknesses etc.? And why Wyvern? I can see how there could be a Light type but Wyvern sounds very unusual. What's different to Dragon types? I'm curious!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oooo I'd really like to see some kind of official type chart for this too, should you get around to making one! It seems really interesting. :)

Years
Oooh that's looking really good!
I'm sure that would be a fun region to explore :>

What programme do you use for that kind of work by the way? I'm curious

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Really love your most recent piece from scratch- I'm particularly impressed with the color choices for the shading on Nidhlong! I'm no spriter but I might note that you use a lot of blacks in your outlines, and using dark colors rather than black might make the edges of your edits-- and your Nidhlong-- less jagged!

But I won't say any more than that since it really has been a few months since your last update and I can see in your latest post that you've improved a lot already-! I look forward to seeing more work from scratch soon!

Reactions: ZKE

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
Years
Cool gallery you've got here, ZKE! I don't know much about spriting, but I think you've put quite a bit of thought into your designs (a conclusion I've reached just by looking at them, lol). They're pretty detailed, and I get the impression that each evolutionary line belongs to "a bigger set", like from the same region - which is good, since it shows that you have consistency and that every fakemon gives off a somewhat similar vibe.

Anyways, the Izaga Region's Pokemon differ from the regular/official Pokemon in terms of style, so it was interesting to see what you have already in your Fakedex. Kotsuba and Mewthree in particular look awesome.

As for your trainer sprites, they look good as well. There are a few flaws I've spotted here and there, such as awkward-looking hair and outlines, but the designs/concepts themselves seem pretty solid to me. Keep it up, dude!

Years
I really dig the blue palette over the pink palette for the landscape ones. You could always lower the contrast of the blue if you don't want it to pop as much as it already does.

Back