• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
So I haven't actually gotten to the point where this becomes accessible yet, but I was wondering if you'd made any changes to the Hypno and Bewear events in Hau'oli City that are unlocked upon defeating Olivia.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 14, 2018
Yeah it's just the shop.cro that controls what's in the shops. Did you do anything with the official update? That comes with its own shop.cro file, so maybe it's overriding the hack's shop changes.

I think that is what is happening then, I installed the 1.2 update in citra via a CIA file. I will try to deinstall it and and put the update into the main game file.

EDIT: Extracting the 1.2 update and including the data into the romhack 3ds file did not work even though it does show version 1.2 in citra. For now I edited the 1.2 CIA file with your shop.cro file. Are there also other parts of the game that are not how they are supposed to be in your romhack? It seems the patch in citra overwrites any files in the main game file.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
So I haven't actually gotten to the point where this becomes accessible yet, but I was wondering if you'd made any changes to the Hypno and Bewear events in Hau'oli City that are unlocked upon defeating Olivia.
I've edited the Bewear but didn't know about the Hypno event either, so I'll get that sorted shortly.

I think that is what is happening then, I installed the 1.2 update in citra via a CIA file. I will try to deinstall it and and put the update into the main game file.

EDIT: Extracting the 1.2 update and including the data into the romhack 3ds file did not work even though it does show version 1.2 in citra. For now I edited the 1.2 CIA file with your shop.cro file. Are there also other parts of the game that are not how they are supposed to be in your romhack? It seems the patch in citra overwrites any files in the main game file.

The code.bin file (which contains the TM list), and a/0/3/2 (which is game text) are the only other files that clash with the update. Merging these into the update cia is a good idea, and probably the only way to get the hack working properly on citra. The hack won't run properly on a 3DS without the update, and the update overriding the main game is expected (the update wouldn't be very useful if it didn't have priority over the base game), so editing it is the way to go.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
I actually also noticed that the documentation doesn't list the encounter table for the cave portion of Lush Jungle, is that unchanged? I can't say I blame you if you didn't know about it, it took me like three play throughs to notice it at all.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I actually also noticed that the documentation doesn't list the encounter table for the cave portion of Lush Jungle, is that unchanged? I can't say I blame you if you didn't know about it, it took me like three play throughs to notice it at all.

That's definitely edited, guess I just forgot to add it to the documentation. There aren't any Pokemon in there that don't also appear earlier in the game, so it's not too important, but I'll get it fixed anyway. Thanks for reporting all of these errors!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 6, 2019
I was recently playing Blaze Black 2 and just for fun I tried a Swords Dance Zard, but then I noticed that it doesn't learns Acrobatics (was only in a gen 5 egg event), so I read the Documents of your game and also it doesn't learn, so would be nice if Zard had acrobatics (by tm, of course) to combo with that tough claws :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I was recently playing Blaze Black 2 and just for fun I tried a Swords Dance Zard, but then I noticed that it doesn't learns Acrobatics (was only in a gen 5 egg event), so I read the Documents of your game and also it doesn't learn, so would be nice if Zard had acrobatics (by tm, of course) to combo with that tough claws :)

Done! That combo should do ridiculous damage, especially seeing as Flying Gems are available.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Hi, i have a question where can i find mega-stones, if i give me a mega bracelet after defeating guzma in malie ?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
I noticed in the level-up move document that some Pokemon don't have the moves listed that are listed under Pokemon changes. Girafarig for example doesn't have levels listed for Hyper Fang, the elemental fangs, or Psycho Boost. I was wondering when it gets those moves, and also if it would be possible to have that document updated to reflect these missing parts?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hi, i have a question where can i find mega-stones, if i give me a mega bracelet after defeating guzma in malie ?
You'll have to give yourself the stones you want too; otherwise they're still at the battle tree.

I noticed in the level-up move document that some Pokemon don't have the moves listed that are listed under Pokemon changes. Girafarig for example doesn't have levels listed for Hyper Fang, the elemental fangs, or Psycho Boost. I was wondering when it gets those moves, and also if it would be possible to have that document updated to reflect these missing parts?
It seems I somehow managed to revert those changes to Girafarig, so that's now been fixed. I've also updated the level up moves document, so hopefully that will now include all the added moves. Thanks again for letting me know about all these problems!

Here's Girafarig's level up moveset for quick reference:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Does the light ball work on Raichu and Alolan Raichu ?? if not, that could be a great idea no ?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Does the light ball work on Raichu and Alolan Raichu ?? if not, that could be a great idea no ?

It doesn't. That is something I'd like to do (though I'd probably lower the stat boosts to 50% for Raichu), but unfortunately that's beyond my abilities on the 3DS. It'd require editing the battle engine rather than just messing with the item data, and that'd be very difficult to do.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 21, 2018
not sure if its actually reflected ingame, but in the important trainer documents, ghetsis has zekrom in both sun and moon (im assuming you meant to have reshiram as one version)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
not sure if its actually reflected ingame, but in the important trainer documents, ghetsis has zekrom in both sun and moon (im assuming you meant to have reshiram as one version)
Yeah, he was supposed to have Reshiram in Moon. Seems it's set up properly in the game, so I've just updated the documents. Thanks for letting me know about that!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 21, 2018
1) how do i choose not to switch out with golisopod
2) do all the important trainers have perfect ivs and maxed out optimal evs?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 13, 2020
Just so you know, I'm pretty sure the text changes are broken for Rebalanced Ultra Moon. There was no change to the intro, but there was to the Pokemon on Route 1.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
1) how do i choose not to switch out with golisopod
2) do all the important trainers have perfect ivs and maxed out optimal evs?
1) By choosing Shell Armor as its ability (buy an ability capsule from any mart if you've got one with Emergency Exit)
2) Not all of them; most of the early game trainers won't have anywhere near that, and regular trainers (i.e. anyone who isn't a boss fight) won't have perfect IVs and good EV spreads until you reach Vast Poni Canyon. Some of them (especially grunts in episode RR) will still have maxed out EVs, but they aren't really optimal spreads - there are plenty of trainers with silly sets to try to keep things interesting.

Just so you know, I'm pretty sure the text changes are broken for Rebalanced Ultra Moon. There was no change to the intro, but there was to the Pokemon on Route 1.
I just can't seem to make that intro change stick across all versions; I'll take another look at it when I have time. Thanks for letting me know!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 13, 2020
In addition, and I might just be missing something really obvious here, but are the Mega Stones able to be bought earlier in the game?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
In addition, and I might just be missing something really obvious here, but are the Mega Stones able to be bought earlier in the game?
Unfortunately not. There wasn't enough space for 60-something items anywhere else, and seeing as you have to use a save editor get the the keystone early, I figured people who did so would just edit in the stones they wanted too.

Mosmero

Hey, it's me, the Mos!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
How exactly can I play this on hardware? Note that I'm using a New 3DS Xl which doesn't have an SD card

Back