• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What if you could change the Unova dex?

Years
    • Seen today
    Pokemon Black and White were infamous for having a Pokedex consisting of only Gen 5 Pokemon. Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 altered the Unova dex by adding Pokemon from older gens.

Are you entirely happy with the Unova dex? Or would you make a few changes to it? Myself, I would've added the Pikachu and Gastly lines, and removed the Slakoth and Jigglypuff lines. Maybe remove the Seel and Rattata lines too, and replace them with the Shellder and Smoochum lines.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Honestly I think Dunsparce doesn't fit in that well. Nor does Rattata...

Combee's line is kinda pointless too lol I get adding cool older Pokemon but why add filler Pokemon?

Add in Dratini's line definitely especially given Iris in the anime...

BugTypeAficionado

Bug types are so hi-technicaaaal!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2017
    It was always weird to me that Riolu/Lucario were in here. Yeah, yeah, gotta appeal to the Lucario fans, but why is it in a ranch of all places? It's not just me who thinks that's weird, right?

Also Nosepass, this is another one that I'm more concerned about where it's found than it actually being here. Why would they have the first place you find it be in the exact area where it needs to level up to evolve?

And not location related, but Wingull/Pelipper. Why the heck are you here? And so late game at that? Nobody's going to pick up a Wingull late game when they can get a Drapion, Skarmory, or Gliscor around the same time.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It was always weird to me that Riolu/Lucario were in here. Yeah, yeah, gotta appeal to the Lucario fans, but why is it in a ranch of all places? It's not just me who thinks that's weird, right?

Also Nosepass, this is another one that I'm more concerned about where it's found than it actually being here. Why would they have the first place you find it be in the exact area where it needs to level up to evolve?

And not location related, but Wingull/Pelipper. Why the heck are you here? And so late game at that? Nobody's going to pick up a Wingull late game when they can get a Drapion, Skarmory, or Gliscor around the same time.

So true @ Wingull lmao such a random addition. Possibly pandering to the gen 3 fans that were hoping they'd see Hoenn during gen 5 but that's the only reason why I can see them adding such an oddly pointless Pokemon late game.

As for Lucario... I guess because Riolu are sort of like dogs? And it's a farm? So they herd the Mareep? I have no clue actually!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I would have added the Oddish line in Pinwheel Forest as I think it would complement the Cottonee/Petilil line well. Also one of Gloom's evolutions is the Dancer like Bellossom which is similar to Petilil's evolution Lilligant.

I would remove the Sunkern line. Sunkern is weak even for an early game Pokemon and Sunflora is underwhelming at best especially in a game where a Sun Stone can get you Whimsicott or Lilligant.

I would remove the Fearow line and replace it with the more well known Fearow line. Replace Pinsir with Scyther.

Finally I would add the Pikachu line. It is very strange that the mascot of the franchise cannot be caught anywhere in Unova.

Years
  • Like Gardy, I would have gotten rid of the Sunkern line since they felt unnecessary. Both Cottonee and Petilil also evolve with a Sun Stone, but Whimsicott and Lilligant are much more superior to Sunflora.

Back