• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'd like to reserve please

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    How do you feel about reserving in an RP?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It doesn't matter to me, since I can usually whip up an SU within a couple hours.
    This, usually xD

But nah. I think reservations is a good thing usually. First come, first shot at a spot. If the GM believes that they want someone other than you for the spot, they'll decline you. Or they should, at least. It's often much more harsh to not allow reservations and have players fighting for a spot. I don't like to make people sad :')

Years
  • This, usually xD

But nah. I think reservations is a good thing usually. First come, first shot at a spot. If the GM believes that they want someone other than you for the spot, they'll decline you. Or they should, at least. It's often much more harsh to not allow reservations and have players fighting for a spot. I don't like to make people sad :')

I think open sign-ups is a good way to deal with this as well. Just close them when you feel the RP is big enough and re-open if people go inactive or start dropping out.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Mixed feelings, really. I guess my preference more or less depends on the number of slots one plans to have available at the start of an RP. If there are good number of slots, like say... eight or more, I kinda see where a reservation is more warranted. If it's a smaller RP, like six or so, then I kinda think the SUs are better in a more "just post a sign-up and there will be judging a few days later" sort of thinking.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Mixed feelings, really. I guess my preference more or less depends on the number of slots one plans to have available at the start of an RP. If there are good number of slots, like say... eight or more, I kinda see where a reservation is more warranted. If it's a smaller RP, like six or so, then I kinda think the SUs are better in a more "just post a sign-up and there will be judging a few days later" sort of thinking.

^ Basically that! Sandbox-y, open roleplays can have reservations, or open, sign-ups whereas smaller, more intimate roleplays should have some kind of selection or more rigorous SU phase.

Back