• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Years End in Snowdrop City [T][OOC]

Years
Years End in Snowdrop City

Every year in Noella, the closing of one year and the beginning of the next is celebrated through the Years End Festival. It is a time of reflection for the people of Noella, of gratitude for the good in the past year and hopefully looking ahead to what the future might hold.

Although smaller festivals are held all throughout the region, the true Years End Festival is migratory and is hosted in a different city each year. This year, the Festival is being held in chilly, but beautiful, Snowdrop City.

Although only a few vendors are brave enough to set up their stalls in the frigid streets, below ground in the walkways and complexes, shop stalls and food vendors are packed in wall to wall filling the air with both delicious fragrances and the shouts of sellers trying to gain attention. Particularly popular are the numerous traditional picked or tangerine-based foods and bright, festive hats and jackets. Above ground, there are even more ice sculptures than usual, many of them celebratory in nature, the city's famed bud lights reflecting off their frosty surfaces.

Of course, the true draw for the Years End Festival is not the stalls, sculptures or scents. The true draw is the Performance Competition where trainers put their Pokemons' moves and unique skills to use in creating dazzling, beautiful performances not unlike the appeals round of a Pokemon Contest. The judges allocate scores to each performance and at the end of the day, not long before the end of the year is at last upon everyone, the victor is announced and not only their triumph, but also the beginning of the new year, are celebrated with fireworks being released into the air in a gargantuan display that can be seen several towns over.

How This Works

This is essentially an RP that we'll keep running for the next two weeks, closing on the 14th of January when New Year hype has well and truly died down. You can spend this time however you please really, interact with each other, cause trouble at a stall, up to you. The only requirement is that you write a post in which your character participates in the Performance Competition. Be creative and write the best performance you can imagine, because Dragon and I will be playing the role of the judges and selecting a winner at the end.

It is not necessary to have participated in Noella: Part 1 to join this event, and if you did, you are not required to play the same character you submitted if you don't wish to.

Noella Dex

Below is a list of every Pokemon naturally available in the Noella region.

Spoiler:

Rules

1. All RPT and PC rules apply.
2. Years End in Snowdrop City is rated T.
3. Please link your performance post in this thread once it's up.

Sign-Up Sheet

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Pokemon on Hand: (Must be selected from the Noella Dex located in the previous event's thread.)

Participants

Last edited:

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
Years
So if we made a character in the other thread, is that one in or do we need to make another?

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
I don't have to post a SU if I'm entering with the same character I did before, right? If not, then I'm using Fiora Dalton for this too

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
arabella's su for reference
Spoiler:

+ as requested:

❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅
Luca Sivoy
Male • 5'5" • Age 17
Swinub • Teddiursa
❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅

Luca is a short, slight boy with a round face and perpetually pink cheeks, giving him a very cute and youthful appearance that he loves to tap into. He keeps his thick, chocolate-brown hair just long enough to cover his ears, which rounds out his face even more, and sweeps his bangs to the side. When not bundled up to stave off the cold, Luca prefers to wear flowing clothing featuring sheer or lace pieces.

As a child, he was captivated by the Year's End Performance Competition. Knowing this, his grandmother Arabella gave more specialized training than usual to one of her Swinub and presented it to him on his eleventh birthday. A year later, he caught a Teddiursa to expand his repertoire. The two Pokémon have done many performances individually, but only recently has Luca begun developing routines that incorporate them both.

Luca currently lives in Sinnoh, as he has for the last three years, performing in Pokémon Contests. However, he always returns to Noella for the Performance Competition and to ring in the new year with his family.

❅ ❅ ❅

Years
I don't have to post a SU if I'm entering with the same character I did before, right? If not, then I'm using Fiora Dalton for this too

No need to SU for the same character twice, you're all good.

For the record guys, once your character is done, post at will. Don't wait for acceptance.

Back