• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heart Leaf and Soul Fire

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 21, 2018
Alright, so, I figured while i'm posting ideas I might as well mention another one I had.

This is for a re-make of a remake. Fire Red and Leaf Green combined with Heart Gold and Soul Silver, to be specific. Like the title says, these remakes will be called Heart Leaf and Soul Fire (I thought that Heart Leaf sounded better than Soul Leaf, since it doesn't really roll off the tongue. Heart Fire sounds cool though... just not Soul Leaf).

But yeah, basically this is an idea for a remake that combines those games. I haven't really put a whole lot of detailed thought into it, this is just something I thought of on my run this morning (yes, I think of Pokemon on my morning runs) but both games will allow you to revisit Kanto and Johto but with a different story than the originals. Maybe it can take place years later, or in an alternate reality because that seems to be a thing in Pokemon games now.

For the start of the game, one idea that I had would be you're a kid who grew up in a tiny mountain town at the base of Mt. Silver, and because of some circumstances you end up going on a pokemon adventure. Heck, maybe Mt. Silver erupts... it's a volcano, right? You have to choose, however, if you want to head east to Kanto, or west to Johto. Once you decide, you can't go to the other region until you've finished the story in the region that you chose.

Oooor, depending on which version you chose, you automatically start in a specific region. For instance, in Heart Leaf you start in Pallet Town and have to do the Kanto story first, and likewise, Soul Fire will have you starting in New Bark Town and you do the Johto story first.

As far as Legendaries go, of course the original ones will still be present (Ho-Oh, Lugia, Legendary Dogs/Birds, Mewtwo), but for the sake of box art, I think some new ones will be in order. Maybe a fairy/grass for Heart Leaf and a fairy/fire for Soul Fire?

It's a pretty rough idea, but I think it has potential. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Years
The only issue is that I'm really exhausted of traditional Kanto because it's been abused to death many time over by Game Freak. I'd much rather have a different spin on it if it were to be anything remotely interesting.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
^ Agreed. Too much Kanto being the same thing over and over. And while LGPE has been fun I don't want to go through the same thing again! So definitely a different story and general progression.
Heck, maybe Mt. Silver erupts... it's a volcano, right?
No, I don't think so...

Back