• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Help (Again)

zygardian harbinger

The One and Only
Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    Hello, it's zygardian again. I've been so busy lately, I haven't had time for the forum or team improvement, I apologize for those requiring help. Anyway, I need a bit of help myself. I've finally progressed my team quite a ways. I'm not entirely concerned about natures here, but I need the last two slots of my team filled, and I'm having a bit of trouble with that. Keep in mind here that this is mainly for Double Battling. Here it is:

Bronzong: Dual-Screen Lead. Took a while to get:
    Ability: Heatproof
    Item: Iron Ball
    EVs: 252 Sp. Def., 252 Def., 4 HP
    Reflect
    Light Screen
    Confuse Ray
    Gyro Ball

Mega Charizard Y: Huge Special lead. My pride and joy:
    Ability: Blaze
    Item: Charizardite Y
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk., 252 Speed, 4 Def.
    Roost
    Air Slash
    Solar Beam
    Heat Wave

Garchomp: Physical Attacker. Also, while Charizard or Noivern are out, I can use Earthquake without worrying:
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Item: Assault Vest
    EVs: 252 Atk., 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Poison Jab

Noivern: Good Special. Especially with Hurricane. Also benefits from Sun with MegaZard Y's Drought:
    Ability: Infiltrator
    Item: Life Orb
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk., 252 Speed, 4 Def.
    Roost
    Hurricane
    Dragon Pulse
    Flamethrower

I know movesets probably need work, and a good counter to Fairy-types. I was also thinking about adding one of the Swords of Justice to my team- that's Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion, and Keldeo, for those who didn't know. I want to compose the team of completely legal Pokemon in order to be able to enter events and such. Any and all criticism is welcome. Thanks to you all in advance.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I wouldn't recommend Bronzong as a dual screener. Klefki and Espeon do it better because of Prankster and Magic Bounce, respectively:

Klefki:
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Spikes
    -Dazzling Gleam/Foul Play
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/152 Def/104 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Prankster

Espeon:
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Psychic/Psyshock
    -Hidden Power (Fire)/Dazzling Gleam/Baton Pass
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Light Clay
    Ability: Magic Bounce

Air Slash isn't worth using on Charizard Y; Fire Blast hits the targets it would normally cover harder:
    -Heat Wave
    -Solar Beam
    -Focus Blast/Dragon Pulse
    -Protect
    Nature: Mild/Hasty/Modest/Timid
    EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Charizardite Y

There's no need for Garchomp to use Poison Jab or Iron Head, as Fairies are already hit hard enough by Earthquake:
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Claw
    -Rock Slide
    -Protect
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Yache Berry/Lum Berry

In a doubles environment, times you can use Roost freely are rare. Noivern is best off all-out attacking:
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Flamethrower
    -Focus Blast/Hurricane
    -Protect
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Yache Berry/Lum Berry/Focus Sash
    Ability: Infiltrator/Frisk

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Like Platinum said, Espeon and Klekfi are better dual screeners. If you are adamant about useing Bronzong, give it Leftovers instead of Iron Ball. It's so damn slow that Gyro Ball hits hard enough without it, Bronzong would like the recovery, and its main role is support, not attacking.

Hurricane is less accurate in the Sun.

If you need something anti-Fairy, Scizor does that pretty well:

-Scizor w/Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 252 HP, 40 Attack, 220 Sp.Defense
    Moves: Bullet Punch, Swords Dance, Roost, Superpower/Brick Break

or

-Scizor w/Life orb
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 252 attack, 252 Speed, 4 Sp.Defense
    Moves: Swords Dance, Bullet Punch, Bug Bite/X-Scissor, Brick Break/Superpower

I guess you could use one of the Musketeers if you want. Though the only ones worth using in OU are Terrakion and Keldeo, iirc.

zygardian harbinger

The One and Only
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    So, I should run Klefki over Bronzong, replace Roost on Charizard and Noivern with Protect, eliminate Air Slash, eliminate Poison Jab. Wouldn't it be better to run Stone Edge over Rock Slide, regardless of the accuracy difference? And to balance the team's type matchups, I would use Keldeo or Virizion over Terrakion... and Scizor is a very good choice, too. It's good overall, with the matchup Steel and Bug, its only weakness is Fire, but the weakness is x4. Also, in Doubles, switching out doesn't occur very often, so I would rather put a Status over Spikes on Klefki. Thanks for the help, you two, you guys are amazing.
    PlatinumDude said:
    Air Slash isn't worth using on Charizard Y; Fire Blast hits the targets it would normally cover harder:
    Did you mean Fire Blast or Focus Blast?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • So, I should run Klefki over Bronzong, replace Roost on Charizard and Noivern with Protect, eliminate Air Slash, eliminate Poison Jab. Wouldn't it be better to run Stone Edge over Rock Slide, regardless of the accuracy difference? And to balance the team's type matchups, I would use Keldeo or Virizion over Terrakion... and Scizor is a very good choice, too. It's good overall, with the matchup Steel and Bug, its only weakness is Fire, but the weakness is x4. Also, in Doubles, switching out doesn't occur very often, so I would rather put a Status over Spikes on Klefki. Thanks for the help, you two, you guys are amazing.
    Did you mean Fire Blast or Focus Blast?

Fire Blast. Air Slash covers the same types that Fire Blast would (Grass, Flying). Fire Blast hits Fighting Pokemon harder than Air Slash would.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Wouldn't it be better to run Stone Edge over Rock Slide, regardless of the accuracy difference?

You want Rock Slide since you're doing Doubles. Rock Slide hits both opposing Pokes, and you don't have to worry about hitting your own guys like you do with Earthquake or Surf.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2015
    You have a decent team. However, a mamoswine completely counters this set up. A kelfki would run better due to its Prankster ability, as Espeon is (in my extended opinion after running one for so long) a better baton passer than a screener.

I would suggest NOT using two dragons, or two flying types for that matter. Rock, Fairy, and Ice Types are going to pose a huge threat. Not to mention, anything with rock slide that can bulk a single hit from Charizard (namely Mega-Tyranitar and mamoswine) will demolish your team. Tyranitar itself will pose a serious threat, and that's just one pokemon.

Back