• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
quick update
safari error sorted
pikachu now appears as a follower when its in the party, if tis not then your fist pokemon is follower

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 9, 2016
Where can I download the game? It is just sad that the yellow version did not have an enhanced remake. :(

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Lastest release
http://lightning-yellow.com/release/

There's three files there, one which is the game with audio files, one which is the game without and one which just just audio

As usual please report any bugs you find
Known Bugs:
Some trainer sprites are larger than they should be, if you can list any trainer types you find with this issue please

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Downloading it now. :) I've been waiting a good 12 years for a Pokemon Yellow remake and yours looks amazing.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Sorry to double post but I think I should note that my game crashed when I went to battle one of the bug catchers in Virdian Forest. It sucks because I had caught a level 9 brave nature Pidgeotto and conveniently forgot to save after it. >.<

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 1, 2022
Just a few things I noted, blacking out when trying to catch Pikachu caused me to respawn in an underground passage but outside of the floor tile space. The event to catch Pikachu would reoccur but upon catching it you'd be stuck out of bounds.

The other thing I was curious about was running shoes, are these availablec from the start and if they're not when do I get them? Been unable to find the key to use them if you get them at the start that's all xD

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 1, 2016
The bug catcher sprite as well as the trainer in Brock's gym don't have sprites. To bypass this error you can just copy-paste any other battle sprite and rename it to the missing one. It won't be the correct sprite but it will have to do until there's a patch. Also, I don't know if this is intended or not, but there's no victory music after a trainer battle. Great game so far, keep up the hard work!

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Which trainer was it. And can you remember the error

Script 'interpreter' line 276: Runtime Error occurred

This is followed by a whole mess of other script errors in the same pop up that would take me all day to type out.

The bug catcher sprite as well as the trainer in Brock's gym don't have sprites. To bypass this error you can just copy-paste any other battle sprite and rename it to the missing one. It won't be the correct sprite but it will have to do until there's a patch. Also, I don't know if this is intended or not, but there's no victory music after a trainer battle. Great game so far, keep up the hard work!

I did that with a bug catcher sprite from the version of Pokemon Essentials that I downloaded for a game I'm thinking about making and I still got the error.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 28, 2016
hi all, anyone else seeing very high leveled pokemon in the wild?? I haven't even made it to viridian forest yet and im seeing level 20 - 50 pokemon, ratatta and nidoran female.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
update out fixing the blacking out bug and missing trainer sprites

hi all, anyone else seeing very high leveled pokemon in the wild?? I haven't even made it to viridian forest yet and im seeing level 20 - 50 pokemon, ratatta and nidoran female.
I've tried all the maps leading to viridian forest and haven't encountered a pokemon above 7.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 28, 2016
update out fixing the blacking out bug and missing trainer sprites

I've tried all the maps leading to viridian forest and haven't encountered a pokemon above 7.
I had about 5 high level encounters, but only between pallet and viridian, im in vermillion now and everything is going great. Thank you for this awesome game and thanks for the update fixing trainer sprites, i had to keep going into graphics/characters then copy and paste a random sprite and rename it to the appropriate trainer number. lol it was kinda funny seeing 6 back shot sprites at the start/end of battles tho

ISB

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 2, 2016
Dear Desbrina,

I have no amount of words to explain my gratitude for this. I have been waiting for this since the release of Fire Red wondering why this was never done. I am downloading it and will be trying it out shortly. I will be updating any bugs or anything i may encounter. All the best

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Thanks.

I'll keep testing and see if i can reproduce the level issue, i re-downloaded the encrypted version last night to see if its only happening in that or not, will be checking when i get home hopefully.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 28, 2016
im still loving this game, 1 question tho, how do i evolve trade required pokemon? i've got a level 26 haunter and i really want a gengar.

i havent had any more level encounter problems so hopefully that was the only area.

1 problem i have run into however,which is not really worrysome for me, is in rock tunnel i tried to use an escape rope and it said ''you can't use that when someone else is with you'' im not sure if the pikachu sprite following would cause that or not. I also tried to use dig in there and it crashed the game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 17, 2023
yeah hi just wondering how to update do you need some program to use the updater cuz i have winrar but all i find when i open it are a bunch of files what to do?

Back