• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Valiance

E$P

Valiant Developer
Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2018
    Team

~ if you want to help with the game, I listed what I need help with in this thread: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=406945 ~

Story
    You've been living in Aersya for a while now, and you're finally able to start your own adventure. Mr. Boba has imported 3 new Pokemon for you to choose from. When you pick your starter and leave, you arrive at a connecting route to Essairy City. This route has a connecting path to a very old forest that only Psychics can see. Your starter Pokemon senses this and you can advance through it where you meet a mysterious man. Essairy City is the home of the first gym and its leader, Larson - the master of Bug Pokemon. Larson used to be an admin of the Valiant Society, an interesting organization that not much is known about. Apparently they're an organization combating Team X - an evil team wanting to force early evolution upon Pokemon. Will our hero be able to stop Team X and find out more about the Valiant Society? Will they be able to do this while completing their dream of becoming a Pokemon master?

Screenshots
    __________________________________________________________________________​

Spoiler:

Features
    Pokemon From Gens 1-7 + Regional Variants
    All Features From MrDollSteak's Decap/Attack Rom Base
    Fairy Type
    New Move Tutors
    PSS Split
    & more being added daily!​

Spoiler:

Downloads

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Not trying to be rude or anything but the fact that the main character has a gen 3 OW and the rest of the NPC'S have Gen 4 OW's makes it seem kinda awkward to look at. The Fakemon REALLY need a lot of work. They look very chunky and rough,

E$P

Valiant Developer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2018
    Not trying to be rude or anything but the fact that the main character has a gen 3 OW and the rest of the NPC'S have Gen 4 OW's makes it seem kinda awkward to look at. The Fakemon REALLY need a lot of work. They look very chunky and rough,

The player sprite is still a WIP so the general one is just a placeholder. Also people keep commenting on the fakemon but nobody is telling me how to make them better, just saying that they're bad.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • The story seems really interesting, but as people have already said the spriting does need a little bit of work. The mapping does seem a little unnatural too but that comes with constant practice haha.

Personally it seems like the anatomy is a little bit off, I'd recommend looking at actual Pokemon sprites or even copying and pasting parts of sprites and making a frankenstein of the fakemon you want. For example, for your fire starter you could use Persian's tail or Espeon's tail or something closer to that instead of the tail you already have which looks a little flat. That way, you can get the anatomy a little closer to gamefreak's standard and you can always edit the looks to match what you want.

It's just a recommendation but yeah, I like what you're doing so far though.

E$P

Valiant Developer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2018
    Finally some constructive criticism, thank you! I will try this, thank you for the story compliment, also.

E$P

Valiant Developer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2018
    Hello everyone, due to the response to the mapping/fakemon, I will be starting from a new rom. This hack isn't finished, as I'll just be redoing it, but I decided to mostly drop the Fakemon concept. I say mostly because I'll still be adding cross-gen evolutions and regional forms, but I won't be putting custom fakemon in, at least not a lot. I'm very sorry for this if there happened to be anyone that liked them, but I feel myself that this will be for the best. The new rom will have custom music and tilesets, and I hope to release a first beta by the end of April.
    Thank you for reading!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    That's probably a good idea, E$P! With fakemon as one less worry you can focus on progress rather than stressful spriting.

Your maps could use a lot of work, but that seems to be one of your priorities so hopefully there will be some improvements! Good luck~

E$P

Valiant Developer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2018
    That's probably a good idea, E$P! With fakemon as one less worry you can focus on progress rather than stressful spriting.

Your maps could use a lot of work, but that seems to be one of your priorities so hopefully there will be some improvements! Good luck~

Thank you! And yeah, it's already a lot less stress, and I'm going to improve my mapping drastically.

Back