• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Shiny Hunting Questions

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2021
    I read that the shiny odds are increased when breeding with a Pokémon from a different country? Is this true? If true I'm in the US looking for a Modest Ghastly

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Technically, it's when Pokémon of two different languages are bred (for example, a Pokémon from the US and a Pokémon from Australia wouldn't have an increased chance of producing a Shiny offspring since both games are English). It's been that way since the original Diamond and Pearl.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2021
    Ok thanks for the info. I am getting into it a bit more and just heard something about countries but if it's languages that's totally different

If anyone that USO's different language settings is willing to trade a Modest Ghastly lmk

Using

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Ok thanks for the info. I am getting into it a bit more and just heard something about countries but if it's languages that's totally different

If anyone that USO's different language settings is willing to trade a Modest Ghastly lmk

Using

Double posting isn't a big deal here anymore, so it's pretty much all good, I just wanna make sure you know that we have an edit button (bottom right, next to reply) so you can save the time haha.

Back