• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixel Art Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Agreed with Chibi Robo.
    I don't think anyone else will request something else instead of something for their Pokémon rom hack or game. For my point of view, this might turn up to be what Chibi said,a place for rom hackers/game makers to request sprites, or just another Pixel Art showcase thread where people can get constructive criticism on their sprites and/or a Rom Hack/Game Making resource thread.. The simplest thing I can probably see being requested is a simple overworld or edit/recolour/fusion/whatever of a sprite.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    I'm quite in agreement with all of Chibi Robo's points. I also might add that if it's small enough to request here, it's small enough that the requester should be able to learn to do it themselves, not that it usually turns out that way, though.

I do think the best thing is to just see how it goes for a while, but I'm inclined to think that this thread isn't really helping anyone.

Years
  • I understand everyone's concerns. It may well be that this thread devolves into a place where many/most/all requests go unanswered because they are too numerous/too time consuming/too difficult to get people to fulfill them. I am, however, still optimistic that some good will come of this thread. It if seems like that isn't happening and that this thread is becoming a hindrance (instead of merely remaining neutral) to Pixel Art then it might have to go the way of the dinosaurs.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • I understand everyone's concerns. It may well be that this thread devolves into a place where many/most/all requests go unanswered because they are too numerous/too time consuming/too difficult to get people to fulfill them. I am, however, still optimistic that some good will come of this thread. It if seems like that isn't happening and that this thread is becoming a hindrance (instead of merely remaining neutral) to Pixel Art then it might have to go the way of the dinosaurs.
    Its not only that, people might start to rely on this for their hacks/games or whatnot. Instead of just learning on how to develop spriting skills they rely on a thread to get they're work done artistically. That in my opinion is not a good message to be sending to upcoming pixel artists. That you don't need to learn how to sprite when you can just request something in this thread here and all your troubles will melt away. This isn't the only thing that has been bothering me, the recent exception about pixel art shops has had me worrying about where is pixel art coming also. I don't want to offend anybody but I just want pixel art to be a unique area in pc with unique and fantastic pieces of pixel art. Not just repetitive fusions or recolors. I might be getting off topic but Im just stating some of my concerns in the pa section. Back onto topic, request threads are really just big letdowns and it promotes laziness in the pixel art section. Like I said before, it is the best option to learn how to pixel yourself and not rely on others to do it for you. I really hope what I wrote out is really taken into consideration.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • funny how there is no really request here yet.

And to anyone who thinks that this will become a one stop shop for hackers and game devolopers, bleh. :P. People could say that that request cant be done ect.

Though this may turn out like the graphics request thread.
    I still have hopes for this thread, im sure itll create some good to some.

And for you saying this thread will make people not learn how to sprite themselfs, if they really want to they can learn themselfs, :)
    And some people some people just dont have the talent no matter how much they practice, everyone is good at their own things.
    ------------------------------------------------
    I might post a request here when I figure out some stuff. :)

Years
  • This thread could save up and stop the cluttering of lone request threads, I don't think i'd mind to contribute. As long as the request is reasonable.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    funny how there is no really request here yet.

And to anyone who thinks that this will become a one stop shop for hackers and game devolopers, bleh. :P. People could say that that request cant be done ect.

Though this may turn out like the graphics request thread.
    I still have hopes for this thread, im sure itll create some good to some.

And for you saying this thread will make people not learn how to sprite themselfs, if they really want to they can learn themselfs, :)
    And some people some people just dont have the talent no matter how much they practice, everyone is good at their own things.
    ------------------------------------------------
    I might post a request here when I figure out some stuff. :)

My request is there. And i think i didn't ask for anything over the top

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • Well, it's better for the rom hackers and such to be posting here rather than creating threads, right?
    Correct. Hanging onto what Chibi Robo said, if the request is something simple, like a single tile or one fakemon, it wouldn't be necessary to either learn pixel art or hire someone just for that.

Other than that, I'm really happy about this thread. I don't know why, though. ^^

#Emochu

ujhgjkjhgkujhjkhjkhkhkhhk hjkhj
    Years
  • Need help

Doe anyone know were I can get B/W pokemon animated already?

I need them for a sprite project.

Years
  • Hey, play nice :|

Everyone is welcome to post requests, but if too many outrageous requests (like asking for someone to make 100+ sprites) start pouring in I'll consider adding some kind of limit on how big a request someone can make. For now I'm giving everyone the benefit of the doubt and hoping people will use their common sense.

I was actually going to ask for this :P Anyway, I've read over alot of the points here and I sort of agree. I've tried scratch spriting quite a few times and I always seem to mess up the shading or the shape looks hideous, so I'm just merely looking for someone's help with my hack (oh dear, im starting to get off topic... :/)

Request!: Any chance I could get a Hero and Heroine Sprite please? :)

Hero: Red, spikey hair, purple shirt, red backpack
    Heroine: Pink hat, black hair, white shirt and black skirt. Green backpack? :)

Thanks!!

Years
  • I was actually going to ask for this :P Anyway, I've read over alot of the points here and I sort of agree. I've tried scratch spriting quite a few times and I always seem to mess up the shading or the shape looks hideous, so I'm just merely looking for someone's help with my hack (oh dear, im starting to get off topic... :/)
    If you've tried making your own sprites it wouldn't hurt to show your attempts. It would give someone an idea of what you envisioned beyond describing your request in words. You could also give the option of asking for someone to improve an existing sprite so they have something to work with instead of starting completely from scratch. Having someone edit your sprite could also serve as a learning experience wherein you see what someone does to improve your sprite after you hit an artistic roadblock.

It's also nice to see that you did actually try to make your own sprites before asking someone else.

Pokemonatoms

something...
    Years
  • Please i need help

Hi, i reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaly really need i someone to make me some fakemon sprites and OW sprites your name will go in the credits in big letters and all i need are
    1. Hero/Heroine ow sprites
    2. Starter pokemon ( doesnt matter what they look like as long as they are fire water and grass
    3. Professor birch's OW sprite
    4. Rivals OW sprites
    IF... this is possible please get back to me soon
    Thanks

Super Ultra Mega Charizard

not a beginner trainer :P
    Years
  • Hi, i reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaly really need i someone to make me some fakemon sprites and OW sprites your name will go in the credits in big letters and all i need are
    1. Hero/Heroine ow sprites
    2. Starter pokemon ( doesnt matter what they look like as long as they are fire water and grass
    3. Professor birch's OW sprite
    4. Rivals OW sprites
    IF... this is possible please get back to me soon
    Thanks

Lol vague xD
    We don't know what they look like and isn't it a bit much?

3dd13

Leader of the Fallen
    Years
  • Pokemon Emerald Modernized

im needing 5 trainer sprites. the first 2 are both of the emerald rivals, modernized while still looking official, with the original colors and size for the gba. the next 2 are the team leaders. the last is hg/ss trainer red resized for emerald. i cannot do the last one myself, as i constantly distort the image. please help.

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
    Years
  • Hi, I was wondering if I could get indexed back and front battle sprites for the following Pokemon, most of which are based off the series. (For RUBY AXVE) [Please use Palettes already in the rom]

Crystal Onix - ( https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP087 )
    Venustoise - ( https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP020 )
    Psyduck - With Shellder Attached ( https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP066 ) (please make slightly blue or purple)
    Rice Ball - ( https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP025 )
    Baby Kangaskhan - ( https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/The_Kangaskhan_Kid )
    Pikachu - Puka (The Surfing Pikachu with bright solid blue eyes, that is seemingly Psychic because it can sense when big waves are coming) - ( https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP067 )
    Cubone - No Mask (Similar to Baby Kangaskhan, but notably different)
    Missingno - ( https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Missingno ) Something like the original glitch, looking like that micro chip (not any of the fossil or ghost versions
    Ghost - ( https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Marowak_(literal_ghost) )

Thank You

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back