• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Man, I love Red's Pikachu's sprite every time I see it. Seeing that classic Sugimori art made into a sprite is almost magical.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2022
    Welp, I want to catch to 3 legendary dogs in order to show them to Eusuine & Bill. Obviously caught Suicuine, got Entei after an hour of searching, but Raikou.. Nope.

I did this over 2 hours already. Going back and forth between Route 36 and Route 37 (South of Ecrutek), checking the Poke'dex every time, but nope. He's always on another route, Is there any way to make him come to my route? Am I doing something wrong? I've caught Entei that way and I'm frustrated as hell. I even think of using a cheat code for it..

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2018
    Welp, I want to catch to 3 legendary dogs in order to show them to Eusuine & Bill. Obviously caught Suicuine, got Entei after an hour of searching, but Raikou.. Nope.

I did this over 2 hours already. Going back and forth between Route 36 and Route 37 (South of Ecrutek), checking the Poke'dex every time, but nope. He's always on another route, Is there any way to make him come to my route? Am I doing something wrong? I've caught Entei that way and I'm frustrated as hell. I even think of using a cheat code for it..

You're doing nothing wrong. It's just the goofy world of roaming legendaries. I'm hunting for Larvitars in quiet cave but they've both ran away so I totally feel your pain right now.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2022
    You're doing nothing wrong. It's just the goofy world of roaming legendaries. I'm hunting for Larvitars in quiet cave but they've both ran away so I totally feel your pain right now.

Wish I'd encouter it just once. I'm using savestates so catching him shouldn't be a problem.. Problem is, I see him tons of times being on route 36 when I'm in 37 and vice versa which is annoyhing

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2017
    Is celebi in it because im threw the game and caught all pokemon except for ho oh entei raikou and if celebi is in it. But i have to say you and mateo are great at makings these hacks

Last edited:

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • Is celebi in it because im threw the game and caught all pokemon except for ho oh entei raikou and if celebi is in it. But i have to say you and mateo are great at makings these hacks
    Celebi is in it. Try Wonder Trading after beating both superbosses.

EDIT: My bad, I waited a long time before Wonder Trading. Like Rangi says below me, just beat the Elite 4 once and Wonder Trade. Sorry for spreading incorrect info Rangi!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2022
    If the roaming algorithm has not been changed you can try this method:

https://www.dragonflycave.com/johto/legendary-whatevers

Best regards!

That helped alot - got him after a few minutes. Thanks!
    In the end I've wasted a Masterball on him after trying hundreds of times with Quick/Ultra balls. Didn't have the strength to weaken him over and over again

Well, I think the only thing that's left to me story wise is
    Spoiler:

This hack has been so awesome. Thank you Rangi!

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    The Ruins of Alph have more subtle colors, based on G/S's SGB palette.

xAVQpkq.png

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Looks much easier on the eyes and more like I'd imagine how the ruins should look. The bright yellow and the whole color scheme from Crystal never really conveyed "ruins" for me, it looked like brand new paint lol.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    That helped alot - got him after a few minutes. Thanks!
    In the end I've wasted a Masterball on him after trying hundreds of times with Quick/Ultra balls. Didn't have the strength to weaken him over and over again

Well, I think the only thing that's left to me story wise is
    Spoiler:

This hack has been so awesome. Thank you Rangi!

Oh, I agree so much with all those statements :D

Im also glad that there is going to be a basement at the soul house^^

Though one question Rangi, I know you mentioned that the data changes so much that normal saves wouldnt work, but what about save states?

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2017
    Celebi is in it. Try Wonder Trading after beating both superbosses.

EDIT: My bad, I waited a long time before Wonder Trading. Like Rangi says below me, just beat the Elite 4 once and Wonder Trade. Sorry for spreading incorrect info Rangi!

Wait what superbosses

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Can I get some feedback on Dim Cave before I implement it in-game? It's a five-floor mine near the Power Plant; you have to push boulders to move mine carts out of your way. (When a boulder falls onto a button, the cart gets sent to the other end of the track.) Here's the layout, without any scattered boulders yet. I probably won't make major changes (designing the puzzle took a while), but can definitely tweak problem areas.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2021
    I love hacks that connect routes together like this. One thing I loved about Liquid Crystal was how every ocean could be traversed, and you could swim south of Azalea, west of goldenrod to reach Olivine, and even south of Cherry grove to get closer to Kanto. I'm happy to see this change implemented.

Back