• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Johto and Hoenn expansions

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 4, 2017
Hi, I'm new here. I want to know, what expansions are mostly based on johto and hoenn's pokemons? Besides these:

Neo --> Johto
HeartGold & SoulSilver --> Johto
Ex-Series --> Hoenn

i want collect cards of first 3 generations so i hope your reply and sorry x my english :)

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Well, let's put it this way.

If you are looking to collect cards with only the first 3 Generations of Pokemon, you want any set before DP. That's the EX, Neo, and Base blocks (as well as the recent set, Evolutions). HGSS sets were a gen 4 set, despite their namesake being a game based on Johto, so many of them were "tainted" (as the genwunners would say) with Sinnoh mons. As a side note, you also need to define "Johto and Hoenn pokemon", as pokemon like Yanmega and Gallade, while introduced in Gen 4, appear in later versions of the Johto and Hoenn regions' regional pokedexes.

Within the newer stuff, with the exception of Evolutions, there is a healthy mix of new and old friends. None of these sets, as a general rule, are any more or less biased against the Johto and Hoenn mons. There are a few exceptions here and there, Primal Clash focused more on Hoenn mons, but no good way to do it. So, if you are collecting old mons, you will have to buy old sets, which are becoming more and more rare.

Arceus only knows why anyone would insist on collecting only the first 3 generations in 2017 though.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
EX Unseen Forces is mostly Gen 2

EX Ruby/Sapphire is mostly Gen 3

EX Fire Red/Leaf Green is mostly Gen 1

But they aren't exclusively those gens. It'd be easier to get these over Neo and Base though

Back