• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Orange Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen today
    Hi all,

Title: Pokemon Orange Islands Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red (U)

Intro: Pokemon Orange Islands will be my first attempt to make a Pokemon Hack. Since there is no complete hack yet that features the Orange Archipelago, I decided to give it a go myself. Since this will be my first hacking attempt I decided to take Pokemon Fire Red as ROM base. Apparently that ROM is the easiest to start with and has the most tools and guides available.
    The 1st Generation of Pokemon gives me the most nostalgic feel and is still my favorite, closely followed by the 2nd Generation. I can handle the 3rd generation, but later generation Pokemon don't really have my interest, although some functions in the ROMs might be interesting (Physical/Special Split for example).

Storyline:
    You will play as Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town! Just after Ash conquered the Indigo League he got back to his mom in his hometown where Professor Oak also has a new objective for him. He wants Ash to go to Valencia Island to pick up a strange kind of Pokeball for him, since Professor Ivy is unable to send it to him through the PC system. Of course Ash is eager to take this easy objective. What happens after this is, of course, already known to you because we all saw the anime.
    In this game Ash will follow the same route as he did in the Anime. I hope to cover all episodes, but I'm not planning to make all events of the episodes necessarily very prominent. I might add some episodes as a big part of the storyline and some episodes more like miniquests.

Features:
     The Orange Archipelago
     4 Gym Leaders & Badges
     New Sprites
     New Tiles
     New Maps
     Pikachu as starter (and some way to get his other Pokemon very early in the game)
     Most Pokemon from Generation I (and maybe a few from Generation II)
     Physical/Special Split
     Day & Night System (only when working perfectly)

I found out that it is indeed a lot of work to do on your own. So I decided to try and form a team to accomplish this hack. I have almost no experience in scripting at all, but I recently got somewhat of experience in Graphic editing.

Would you like to be part of this amazing hack!? React on this post or send me a private message;)

Downloads:
    View attachment Pokemon Orange Islands 0.1.ips

Titlescreen
    Pokemon Orange Islands Titlescreen.gif

World Map
    Town Map.png

Pallet Town
    Pallet Town.png

Valencia Island
    Valencia Island.png

Pokemon Park
    Pokemon Park.png

Pokemon Center
    Pokemon Center.png

Mandarin North
    Mandarin North.png

Pinkan Island
    Pinkan Island.png

Navel Mountain
    Navel Mountain.png

Grapefruit Islands
    Grapefruit Islands.png

Golden Island
    Golden Island.png

Yambera
    Yambera.png

Currently finished mapping up to Trovitopolis.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Still hoping there are like minded.

Especially a scripter could make a nice contribution.

Tixelpip

Pokémon Sweet Fan! :D
    Years
  • I am not too good at these things but I am happy to help with anything I can. Let me know if you want me to I'd love to be a part of this!

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    May I suggest something. Now we have the introduction of aloha pok?mon. Why not try this concept for the Pinkan Pok?mon, Alternative bufferfree's, etc.. You can call them Orange Pok?mon.

For Example:
    - Orange Butterfree: Bug/Dragon
    - Orange Vilepume: Grass/Fire
    - Orange Paras (pink): Bug/Fairy
    - Etc...

Years
    • Seen today
    May I suggest something. Now we have the introduction of aloha pok?mon. Why not try this concept for the Pinkan Pok?mon, Alternative bufferfree's, etc.. You can call them Orange Pok?mon.

For Example:
    - Orange Butterfree: Bug/Dragon
    - Orange Vilepume: Grass/Fire
    - Orange Paras (pink): Bug/Fairy
    - Etc...

Cool idea, but not for me though. I like to stick to the original;)

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2021
    I can do basic scripting still leaning more advanced stuff we can learn together

Years
  • There have been one orange island based game and some game have orange island access able. So, you should try adding something more interesting. This will have a huge effect on this game or there wull be left no interesting reason to play this game.

Years
    • Seen today
    There have been one orange island based game and some game have orange island access able. So, you should try adding something more interesting. This will have a huge effect on this game or there wull be left no interesting reason to play this game.

Although there are some hacks that have the Orange Islands, none of them are complete or have bugs (Naranja for example). Another hack that comes to mind is Liquid Crystal, but you first have to go through the Kanto and Johto before you get to the alternative Orange Islands.

Apart from that my goal is not to have the most played game, but to make a near-perfect game with the Orange Islands as location. So I hope by just hacking as neat as possible to make people play this game:)

Years
    • Seen today
    Just finished mapping all outside maps up to Murcott Island.

Also included a first ips patch. Storywise the game is stuck in Pallet Town (not even started yet). However, a lot of graphics have been edited like: Pokemon Sprites, Gym Leader Sprites, Overworld Sprites, Map Tiles and color palettes. (you can check all these by using Advancemap, Advanced series, Overworld Manager, etc)

I added the ips patch to show that this game has perhaps more potential than I can show in just screenshots.
    By adding the ips patch I hope a decent scripter will show interest in joining this project:)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back