• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga PC's Favourite Anime: Part 6 - Isekai

Years
PC's Favourite Anime: Part Six

Welcome to Anime & Manga's newest project! The idea here is simple enough. We're looking to create a long term recommendation gallery featuring the PokeCommunity's favourite series.

Each week, until the project's end, we'll be asking you to list up to ten of your personal favourite anime series in the given genre (don't worry if they also appear in subsequent lists). At the end of the week, we'll take down every series mentioned here to later be placed into the recommendation gallery. Of course, you're welcome to discuss each others' lists here also.

As the title suggests, for this week we're asking for up to ten of your favourite isekai series!
Here is the schedule for the project!

- Week One: Action & Adventure
- Week Two: Drama & Romance
- Week Three: Comedy
- Week Four: Thriller & Horror
- Week Five: Slice of Life
- Week Six: Isekai
- Week Seven: Compilation Thread Posted!

pkmin3033

2. Digimon Adventure (both seasons, but NOT Tri. Tri was awful)
3. Digimon Frontier

That's it. I DESPISE this genre, it's an absolute blight on the industry.

Years
I also have very little experience with this genre. I don't think it's a blight though Dawn, just that it's an overdone concept and not enough of the people doing it do it well. The actual genre itself is fine imo.

1. re:zero
2. Spirited Away
3. No Game No Life
4. Digimon Adventure series
5. MAR

There's a couple of others I could have listed maybe, but honestly they aren't good enough to really mention. The one thing I was torn on listing was Angel Beats. It's a great show and seems to be pretty isekai like, but does the afterlife really count as "another world?"

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
When it comes to isekai, I don't really watch it because it's isekai, but because of other genres it falls into. I'd even argue if it even is a genre or just a premise

1. KonoSuba
2. Bofuri
3. Youjo Senki
4. Isekai Quartet

Uh... yea that's about it. I'm very neutral on the "genre".

Back