• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Help needed about a setmaptile error

Years
  • Hello. This is my first post here.

I am working on a FireRed ROM Hack and in one particular map, the use of setmaptile creates errors. This is my script:
    Spoiler:

And it is placed in the Script type '01 "setmaptile" script' in Advanced Map. But once I click save, it shows the error: AdvancedMapError(3): Cannot change byte at pos 0! Please contakt [email protected]

The last time I put this script in the game, the game crashed everytime a wild battle started. It either froze or restarted after selecting a move. I don't see any other errors occurring and the setmaptile itself works alright. And backup files of the ROM without the setmaptile script also works perfectly. So I am suspecting that the setmaptile script is the culprit.

Can someone tell me what to do? Thanks in advanced. Also, I am a bit of noob in scripting.

Years
  • Maybe try a script like this:
    Spoiler:

If you are new at scripting, try here.

Back