• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon StunningSteel

CaveNinja

ROM hacking duo
Years
Just realized I never actually replied to this... a little late I know, but better than never (I guess?).

While I don't have any specific ideas on changes you guys could make, I'd just like the pokemon to have wider move pools. You know, so that it allows those who want the P/S split as well as those who want to play it vanilla to have options. So abundant physical/special moves for pokemon, at least for the type they are. For e.g. Gyarados having good physical as well as special moves for water & dragon types within its moveset.

No worries man, and thanks for the suggestion. That's something I had never really considered... I'll definitely look into it. Not sure how much I'll be able to do within the constraints of existing moves and what moves make sense on which pokemon (hope that made sense), but I'll see what I can do. I'll probably give special attention to mixed attackers and pokemon that tend to be used a lot (as well as any special requests I receive).

Ok so I'm not sure if I'm just stupid but.........where do I get the S.S. Anne ticket???

Hey dude, talk to the ace trainer in Cerulean Pokecenter. A lot of people missed this, so in future releases, we'll make this interaction happen automatically (He will turn and talk to you when you try to heal your pokemon). Also, I saw your problem evolving Eevee in ep 3. Just wanted to let you know that that is a bug which has been brought to our attention, and has been fixed in the latest (unreleased) version. Enjoying your LP so far! About to watch ep 4.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 11, 2019
Well,to be honest at first I had thought that this hack was going to be a slightly more difficult than classic Fire Red with a slightly changed storyline.Obviously I was wrong,your story was very much to my liking and the game was balanced overall.Though,there is only one thing I wanted otherwise.Aside from Zapdos,which I ended up deciding on,there are only a few electric Pokemon available,which personally don't find very appealing.I know you said you wanted it to feel like fire red and not flood it with pokemon from other games,but if you added mareep,for example,in route 9 and replace it in the cave at isle 5 with smeargle,it could give people one more choice for electric pokemon.And one more thing,I got lucky and encountered Raikou in the wild but after it fled, I couldn't see it on the map like in fire red.Anyway,I enjoyed your game very much.Good luck in finishing it.

CaveNinja

ROM hacking duo
Years
only a few electric Pokemon available, . . . I got lucky and encountered Raikou in the wild but after it fled, I couldn't see it on the map like in fire red.

Glad you liked it! That's certainly true about Kanto lacking electric types, aside from the Power Plant. Per your suggestion, I added Mareep and Electrike to Route 10, and Plusle/Minun to Route 18 (same place as in HGSS). The thing with Raikou is a little odd, considering I haven't done anything to that part of the game. Is he always missing from the map, or does he sometimes appear? I may look into it if I have time, but since that part of the game is way beyond where the beta ended, it won't be high priority for quite a while. Thanks for your feedback and encouragement!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 11, 2019
Glad you liked it! That's certainly true about Kanto lacking electric types, aside from the Power Plant. Per your suggestion, I added Mareep and Electrike to Route 10, and Plusle/Minun to Route 18 (same place as in HGSS). The thing with Raikou is a little odd, considering I haven't done anything to that part of the game. Is he always missing from the map, or does he sometimes appear? I may look into it if I have time, but since that part of the game is way beyond where the beta ended, it won't be high priority for quite a while. Thanks for your feedback and encouragement!
Sorry for the late reply but I don't have internet at home so I only just saw your answer.Raikou doesn't appear at all on the map as far as I'm concerned.It's the same on either the town map or the map that pops up when you use Fly.The mareep and electrike deal is good news,it'll probably help people in the next release.I also noticed one more thing.I kind of got caught up in it and completed the kanto pokedex.And when I was going for the national one,there were pokemon whose locations were unknown in the pokedex and not mentioned on the guide you included.Also,for further versions,you shouldn't forget to take into account the evolutionary stones needed for a complete pokedex.For example,i used the only sun stone available to get bellossom but since you include pokemon like sunkern,more of them are needed,and so on.Anyway,thanks for replying and good luck on your hack.

Vcaveman

The caveman
Years
Sorry for the late reply but I don't have internet at home so I only just saw your answer.Raikou doesn't appear at all on the map as far as I'm concerned.It's the same on either the town map or the map that pops up when you use Fly.The mareep and electrike deal is good news,it'll probably help people in the next release.I also noticed one more thing.I kind of got caught up in it and completed the kanto pokedex.And when I was going for the national one,there were pokemon whose locations were unknown in the pokedex and not mentioned on the guide you included.Also,for further versions,you shouldn't forget to take into account the evolutionary stones needed for a complete pokedex.For example,i used the only sun stone available to get bellossom but since you include pokemon like sunkern,more of them are needed,and so on.Anyway,thanks for replying and good luck on your hack.

Oh, you're right; I didn't realize there was only 1 Sun Stone in the whole game. Thanks for bringing that to my attention! I will add a Sun Stone to the second half of the Forested Trail (the route where you get HM07 Waterfall). Unfortunately, that route still won't be available until beta 1.4. It seems that there are enough of the other evo stones, but I'm glad I looked into it.

I'm a little confused about the Raikou thing. By "Town Map" you are referring to the Pokedex area locator, not the actual Town Map, right?

I'm glad you took the time to complete the pokedex! The national dex is still a work in progress, so if they aren't listed in the guide, they haven't been added to the wild yet. We're going to release a small update soon (1.3.2), which (among other things) will have a few more Pokemon added to the wild, but still won't have a complete national dex. The guide will be updated, and will show blank spots for the pokemon that have yet to be added. It's also worth noting that as of this moment, we don't have any plans to add the gen 3 legendaries, so the national dex won't ever be complete, unless that changes.

Thanks again for your help! Please let us know if you see anything else.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 11, 2019
Oh, you're right; I didn't realize there was only 1 Sun Stone in the whole game. Thanks for bringing that to my attention! I will add a Sun Stone to the second half of the Forested Trail (the route where you get HM07 Waterfall). Unfortunately, that route still won't be available until beta 1.4. It seems that there are enough of the other evo stones, but I'm glad I looked into it.

I'm a little confused about the Raikou thing. By "Town Map" you are referring to the Pokedex area locator, not the actual Town Map, right?

I'm glad you took the time to complete the pokedex! The national dex is still a work in progress, so if they aren't listed in the guide, they haven't been added to the wild yet. We're going to release a small update soon (1.3.2), which (among other things) will have a few more Pokemon added to the wild, but still won't have a complete national dex. The guide will be updated, and will show blank spots for the pokemon that have yet to be added. It's also worth noting that as of this moment, we don't have any plans to add the gen 3 legendaries, so the national dex won't ever be complete, unless that changes.

Thanks again for your help! Please let us know if you see anything else.
No,I'm referring to the actual Town Map since the pokedex area locator shows area unknown if I remember correctly.Nothing else really comes to mind.It's an excellent hack,good luck with it.

Vcaveman

The caveman
Years
No,I'm referring to the actual Town Map since the pokedex area locator shows area unknown if I remember correctly.Nothing else really comes to mind.It's an excellent hack,good luck with it.
Alright, I'll keep it in the back of my mind and see what's up once we reach that stage of the game. Thanks for letting me know!

That screen shot where you can check the EV and IVs is awesome!
Isn't it?? I wish I could claim credit for the code, but it was all done by jiangzhengwenjz (https://wahackforo.com/t-40598/fr-finalized-c-asm-ev-iv-display-screen). What I did do is make a key item that calls the code, so you can pull up that screen at any time using the SELECT button.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
I found a minor bug in the Gen 4 Physical/Special Split patch it has a pixel in pallet town that is not suppose to be along there. Also it make some npc disappear.

Last edited:

Vcaveman

The caveman
Years
I found a minor bug in the Gen 4 Physical/Special Split patch it has a pixel in pallet town that is not suppose to be along there. Also it make some npc disappear.

Hmm... that sounds like a major bug to me. Could you give a little more information about the bug, and what you were doing when you noticed it? I tried to reproduce it but I wasn't able to. How far along in the game are you? How recently did you apply the patch? Also, could you tell me which NPCs disappeared? And did you notice any other glitches after applying the patch? Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
Well I play the game couple of weeks ago also I finished it it was fun and when I first patched the game I first started to patch the Gen 4 Physical/Special Split patch first and then the game patch second and I notice in route 16 the double battle lea and jed, jed isn't there. And nothing else besides the wood fence sprite is in the wrong location in pallet town.

Vcaveman

The caveman
Years
Well I play the game couple of weeks ago also I finished it it was fun and when I first patched the game I first started to patch the Gen 4 Physical/Special Split patch first and then the game patch second and I notice in route 16 the double battle lea and jed, jed isn't there. And nothing else besides the wood fence sprite is in the wrong location in pallet town.

Alright, thanks for clarifying! You can fix that issue by reversing the order you apply the patches. Because of the way the patching software works, you have to apply the patches in a certain order. I made the patches in what I thought would be the easiest order for people to work with -- apply the game patch first, then either the Gen4PSS or easyGC, or both. Sorry that wasn't clear for you, but I'm glad that there is an immediate solution to your problem! Thanks for playing and giving feedback!

CaveNinja

ROM hacking duo
Years
Update: Beta v1.3.2 released
The update we needed, not the one we wanted - the next major update (1.4) is still in the works. But in the meantime, we wanted to go ahead and share the improvements we have made to the game through Fuchsia City. This includes bug fixes, plot streamlining, and some cool new features!

Here is a list of the most pertinent changes:

New features:
Spoiler:
Bug fixes:
Spoiler:
Plot:
Spoiler:
Misc. changes:
Spoiler:

Shoutout to everyone who gave feedback, suggestions and bug reports on this thread! StunningSteel is slowly evolving into the game we envision, and it wouldn't be possible without your help! Also a big shoutout to Yung Babushka for the first Let's Play of StunningSteel that we saw, and to Galatic Pokémon for his most recent Let's Play! Watching people play our game in real time was pretty awesome, and very enlightening.

Please continue to play and give us more feedback (Answer the poll, please!). Your feedback really affects the direction we take this game moving forward.

A final note on the progress of Beta 1.4. As state above, it's still in the works. I will most likely have a week of vacation around July 4th, during which time I plan to visit Seatrekninja and crank out as much as possible of Beta 1.4. However, it's a momentous task, since we're adding a bunch of new areas and quests, coupled with the fact that we have to account for all of the choices you've made this far (definitely one downside to branching plots haha). Until then, I'm going to fall off the radar a bit while I focus on school. Seatrekninja will cover for me on here when he can but he's also pretty busy between school and work, so please understand if we aren't quite as responsive as we usually are.

Anyways, I hope you all enjoy the update! I haven't had a chance to do a full runthrough of the new version, so it's possible there are some bugs I missed, but they should be very few. If you do find a bug, please report it here in as much detail as you can, so I can fix it as soon as possible.

Cheers!

CaveNinja

ROM hacking duo
Years
Beta 1.3.3 released - see main post for download link!

Hey everyone! Quick update for you all; mostly just a bug fix of beta 1.3.2. Also, I put the Move Reminder in Pallet Town, since the current beta doesn't reach his normal location on Two Island.
Details:
Spoiler:

We are officially on hiatus, since we're both swamped with school. The chance of Beta 1.4 (the next beta to advance the plotline) being released before January 2019 is essentially zero, but hopefully we'll be able to complete it sometime between January-July 2019. No promises, but that'll be the end of my final year in school, so theoretically I'll have more time then.

With that being said, we still work on the project off and on as time pops up (case in point, this update). These updates will continue to roll out sporadically, as we have time and inspiration to make minor improvements. If there are specific things you'd like to see updated, or if you have an idea, drop a comment!

Thank you to everyone who filled out the poll! The results were about what we expected, so we'll continue with our initial plan. Going forward from Fuchsia, trainers will start to EV train their Pokemon, which will allow us to make route trainers more difficult without making your team overleveled. For those of you who felt you had to grind too much, I apologize. If you aren't already EV training your Pokemon, you may want to consider it, since it's a lot more time-efficient than grinding. Remember that most of the hard battles are losable, as well, with the notable exception of Genesis Cave.

Anyways, that's about it for now. Hope y'all enjoy the update! If any of you happen to see this game on other sites, please spread the word that it has been updated. Thanks! Peace out
V|S

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
Damn... January 2019 is sooo far away!

But as always, r/l commitments come first.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 1, 2018
Uh i hope someones still active out there but. I have a guy outside Fuchsia gym saying Mr.Kago will return soon and i've done like 5-6 gyms but idk what to do, to trigger him to get away? help anyone

CaveNinja

ROM hacking duo
Years
Uh i hope someones still active out there but. I have a guy outside Fuchsia gym saying Mr.Kago will return soon and i've done like 5-6 gyms but idk what to do, to trigger him to get away? help anyone

Hey dude, this tripped up a lot of people because they didn't realize they needed to clear Silph Co. first. The current version of the game clears that up, I think. Also, since you already have 5 badges, you must have beaten Silph Co. and Sabrina already. Soooo... you probably still need to finish the event with Vanessa at the end of Silph. If you don't remember where to go for that event, talk to the youngster outside Silph. Let me know if you're still stuck!
Thanks for playing!
Cheers,
Vcaveman

Back