• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Forest of Secrets

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013

Click on the section that you would like to jump to: [a id]Thread Top[/a id]
    [alink id="Introduction"]Introduction[/alink id] - [alink id="Plot"]Plot[/alink id] - [alink id="Region"]Region[/alink id] - [alink id="The Protagonist"]The Protagonist[/alink id] - [alink id="Features"]Features[/alink id] - [alink id="Screenshots"]Screenshots[/alink id] - [alink id="Other Graphics"]Other Graphics[/alink id] - [alink id="Team"]Team[/alink id] - [alink id="Help"]Help[/alink id] - [alink id="Credits"]Credits[/alink id]

GAME INFORMATION
    Made with: RMXP and Pokémon Essentials
    Language: English
    Made by: Ty101 Introduction [a id]Introduction[/a id]
    Hey all, and welcome to the thread!
    Welcome to the fourth thread for my Pokémon game, made with RMXP and poccil's amazing Pokémon Essentials. The first thread included only the basic story and was called Pokémon Amethyst. The second thread was in the former Plot and Story Showcase, which is now the Drawing Board. The third thread was in the Games Showcase section, but it was not visually appealing and did not nicely show off my game. Since the last thread, a lot of progress has taken place and the game has taken on a new name, Forest of Secrets, instead of Sandstone. My game has been under development since Mid-September 2008.

It under went a huge restart in April 2009 and will hopefully have new fans thanks to the progress that we (me and my team) have made.

Plot [a id]Plot[/a id]
    The story behind it all...

This game takes place during the time of the Emerald Manga Saga.
    Years have passed since the desperate actions of Team Rocket in Johto. Soon after all that had happened in Johto, Team Rocket disbanded and split into five different groups, each keeping the name "Team Rocket." They all wish to be the only "Team Rocket", and in a way, one has. The largest team quickly wiped out one of the smaller teams and has grown to become a major threat to the other teams. The other teams grew apart and migrated to different regions. All the seperate groups became specialized in different forms of criminal activity.
    Then, out of the blue, a leader arrives. Not knowing about the separation of Team Rocket, he calls all of the different groups to come to a new region. He tells each of the groups one by one, therefore they don't know that the other groups are also coming to the new region.
    When they arrive at the new region, the leader calls them all to a meeting. The other teams quickly plan to kill off all the other groups instead of following the leader. The leader thinks he is in full control, but he actually has no clue about the internal war between the different "Team Rocket" groups.

Region [a id]Region[/a id]
    The newly discovered region...

This region is based very strongly on Hawaii. The region itself is very natural and has just recently been discovered. Harsh, strong Pokémon inhabit this region.
    After being discovered for 50 years, the region has slowly become inhabited by the ever expanding humans. Even though the region is becoming more and more populated, there is still many unexplored and wild places on the region. Due to the unexplored and wild terrain, it serves as a meeting place for legendary Pokémon. This region is now characterized for it's rough terrain and powerful Pokémon, making it a common place for more experienced and established trainers to go to train.

The Protagonist [a id]The Protagonist[/a id]
    Who else will defeat Team Rocket?

You have long waited for a chance to explore your home region. However, it has been recommended that you not take this risk. Furthermore, your high hopes are quickly bashed by Professor Sumac, who has no Pokémon remaining for you, and the danger of the ever growing Team Rocket.

Features [a id]Features[/a id]
    What makes my game different!

Optional Sidequests - These will take up some of your playtime as there will be prizes for completing the quests!Mystery Gift - OooO! *hint* Rare Candy maybe? *hint*New Pokémon Menu - Not just the same old menu. Custom graphics - Not only the D/P/PT ones, new ones too!3 Gyms - They will take up approximately three hours of your play time! Highly Developed Story - Not just the same old story.. D/P/PT graphics - We must stay up to date, no? Custom Fakemon - No more Pikachu! Hooray!
    Screenshots [a id]Screenshots[/a id]
    A.K.A. Eye Candy!

Spoiler:

Other Graphics [a id]Other Graphics[/a id]
    There's more than just screenshots! Aren't you glad?

Fakemon:
    Spoiler:

Trainers:
    Spoiler:

Support Banners:
    Spoiler:

Team [a id]Team[/a id]
    I can't do this all alone, you know?

Ty101: Game Creator, Game Leader, Future Planner, Mapper, Eventer, Basic Scripter, Basic Art, Basic Musician, Thread Manager.

Death Strike: Lead Helper (is extremely talented at everything) , CSS Designer

Death5 Shadow: Lead Artist

Shadowsoyaca: Artist

Sl1mShady: Lead Mapper

Inactive Members:
    Spoiler:

All members have been a big help and members will get a good number of benefits from being on the team.

Help [a id]Help[/a id]

Spoiler:
    Credits [a id]Credits[/a id]
    Everyone that contributed to this game.

If I forgot to mention you, just post here, and I will add you to the list.
    Nintendo: Everything Pokémon and the basic structure of my game.Poccil: The starter kit that revolutionized Pokémon Fangame Development.Wichu: Help with getting the mystery gift script working.4thGenMatt: Materials. Hall of Famer: D/p Pokémon Selection Screen script. RM2K3Kid: D/P Overworlds. Kyledove: Tiles Hall of Fame Tile Artists: Hall of Fame master tileset. Johnny Chleevas - tiles Mssingno - Fakemon Concepts KaoruMikami - Fakemon SpritesMembers: Most of the custom materials that you will soon see!Thanks for Reading!
    Sorry for making the thread so huge!

[alink id="Thread Top"]Click here to jump back to the top of the thread![/alink id]

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • I like this. This looks way better than the last game you attempted. The thread is very well layed out, the graphics (battle scene and title screen) look really improved. The story looks decent, though I'm not fond of only 3 huge gyms, it makes the battles lack variety. Don't know why you didn't post this in The Showcase, looks like the thread to put there.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    This game looks greatly planned, the fakemon seem good too!
    Yeah I think this meets the showcase requirements with 12 screens..

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • This seems to be a pretty big improvement over your last project, Ty. The only thing which I am not sure of are some of the sprites. The Rocket Boss, as well as the Fakemon, have slightly odd positions, but overall I'd have to say the game has improved much since the last incarnation. Good luck, Ty.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    Not to sound stupid or anything but I thought that I did put it in the showcase. lol.
    I will ask to have it moved.

It is in fact the same game just with an awful lot of progress.
    Most of it unrevealed.

The graphics are still being improved and scripts are being made.

The game does not only have three gyms.
    It will have 8 needed and 4 optional gyms that will open after the elite four.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    "3 Gyms - They will take up approximately three hours of your play time!"

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    This looks far better than sandstone was which had almost nothing going...sorry. I agree that the 3 gyms inst really innovative more like an idea thats being used because you wanna be different or your just lazy. I dont know. The gym leader looks nice the rockets sprites kind of look weird where they were spliced you know. Other than that this is looking very well and a step in the right direction.

EDIT: just saw what you said about the gyms, I think there really should be no option for gyms, just my opinion.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Pokemon Forest of Secrets

What with the swastika here o_o.

Well, looks much better than Sandstone, I hope it isn't just the thread layout, but the game itself too =p. Good luck!

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Hm...the game looks okay. There are still a few things that can improve.

1) Your mapping needs some work.
    2) Whats up with the overworlds?

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
  • Just popped in to say I love the layout of your thread. :X

Also, I think this game looks good so far. Some of your spelling and grammar needs proofreading, but I like the fakemon and the trainers. I also really like the start-up screen. Did you make that?

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    Poeman - Yeah the game is really long.

PokemonOI - The optional gyms are for after the elite four as a way to add optional additional playtime and to give more inspiration to explore post elite four sidequests.

~JV~ - I don't know, I thought it looked too bland. I can assure you that the whole game looks a lot better. My members and I have been working constantly to make the game ready for a new thread.

|Maximus| - I am guessing that you are talking about the gyms. They are getting new tiles and are being redone in the near future.

Deoxys55 - Thanks. I love it too. Minions123 made it for me and did a wonderful job at it. Yeah, I am not all that good at spelling. Whatever spellcheck and minions123 didn't catch made it through. By start up screen I think that you meen Title screen. I made the original and then Minions123 edited it to make it look a lot better.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pmed Neo-Dragon and he said that I did post it in the showcase.
    He said that it needs to gain popularity before it can be in the showcase.
    I thought that since it was the same game it could go there right away but I was wrong.

And you can't really say that Sandstone had any popularity.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Poeman - Yeah the game is really long.

PokemonOI - The optional gyms are for after the elite four as a way to add optional additional playtime and to give more inspiration to explore post elite four sidequests.

~JV~ - I don't know, I thought it looked too bland. I can assure you that the whole game looks a lot better. My members and I have been working constantly to make the game ready for a new thread.

|Maximus| - I am guessing that you are talking about the gyms. They are getting new tiles and are being redone in the near future.

Deoxys55 - Thanks. I love it too. Minions123 made it for me and did a wonderful job at it. Yeah, I am not all that good at spelling. Whatever spellcheck and minions123 didn't catch made it through. By start up screen I think that you meen Title screen. I made the original and then Minions123 edited it to make it look a lot better.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pmed Neo-Dragon and he said that I did post it in the showcase.
    He said that it needs to gain popularity before it can be in the showcase.
    I thought that since it was the same game it could go there right away but I was wrong.

And you can't really say that Sandstone had any popularity.

Not once in that post did I see you try and explain the Swastika away... :paranoid:

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    Sorry.
    I ment to put it there to make the room look less flat.
    I will get rid of it when the gym is replaced.
    I thought originally that it was just a cool design.

------------------------------------------------------

I am going to try to fix the thread now.
    Worked.
    I centered it and got rid of the extra boxes.

Years
  • How many fake pokemon are there in this game? Im just a little curious. Things r going to be interesting. Do u need another evil team? I got a whole team for ya!

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    There will be about 40-50 fakemon when all is said and done.
    The regions pokedex will be made up of fakemon, pokemon that are in every existing region and pokemon that are only in one region.

I do not need another evil team.
    The plot heavily centers around Team Rocket and their interactions with other characters.
    (*HINT* *HINT*)

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • I was a fan, well, for the fakemon at least.
    The title screen is really good, it looks just like the cut scene parts in HG/SS, does Minion do requests for that sort of stuff? I've been looking for an artist for that style for months and, coincidentally, that title screen really matches a part of my game!
    The other screenshots are ok but nothing special to be honest.
    It's good you just kept those two Fakemon from the old game, since they were the best. The new ones look really good as well!
    I could be a mapper if you wanted one?
    And I would support this, but I just found out that images in spoiler tags count towards your whole sig, so I have no room...

Death Strike

a.k.a Minions123
    Years
  • I was a fan, well, for the fakemon at least.
    The title screen is really good, it looks just like the cut scene parts in HG/SS, does Minion do requests for that sort of stuff? I've been looking for an artist for that style for months and, coincidentally, that title screen really matches a part of my game!
    The other screenshots are ok but nothing special to be honest.
    It's good you just kept those two Fakemon from the old game, since they were the best. The new ones look really good as well!
    I could be a mapper if you wanted one?
    And I would support this, but I just found out that images in spoiler tags count towards your whole sig, so I have no room...

Uh... I didn't make the background of the title screen... It was from HG/SS lol.

BTW Everyone, it's still the same game, Sandstone, just with a new name and new stuff lol.

Gigatom~

Pokemon Ruthenium Creator ~
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    Nice. I really like your Fakemon. Good luck for this Project!

Gigatom~

Back