• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen On a Scale of 1 - 10, how hard were the 5th Gen series?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • So, as the title suggest, how hard were the Fifth Gen. games for you overall, when you've first played them?

You can rate them on a scale: 1 being easiest, 10 being hardest, out of the whole pokemon game franchise. Personally, I'd rate them as.. a 5? They get moderately tricky if you're not prepared, but the battles are actually overall easy, imo. o:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well, I played them for the first time back in 2011 I think. I was rotating my team pretty often, so my team was underleveled most of the time and still I don't remember any part that was hard other that Dragonspiral Tower - I caught Golurk, Mienfoo, Druddigon there and was still training Cubchoo. Aside from Emboar and Simisage, it wasn't optimal team. I got stucked there for a while. So I would give it 5 too.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I would give the original Black and White a 6.5? It wasn't busting my balls or anything, but it was noticeably more difficult than previous generations, I feel like. Black and White 2 though jfc I'd probably say an 8. That game could kick your ass into next Sunday if you weren't on your shit. I'm trying to base this off my first time through the games, though. Naturally, it gets easier in subsequent playthroughs when you know what's about to come up.

Edit: I should also add that I couldn't read the games upon first playing them because I imported them, so that probably is making them more difficult than they actually are in my eyes, aha.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Not very. I actually skipped BW1 and started with 2, and I had to learn the new Pokemon in that game, and still did fine...

3 maybe?

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    A 5 sounds accurate. Not too hard but not a breeze either. I had a crummy team with the likes of Simisage and was pretty underleveled so it might be a 6 in certain areas. I'm basing this off my first time playthrough as well. I felt B2W2 was easier due to my prior knowledge of the region and the expanded pokedex. I didnt struggle that much so B2W2 is like a 4. I was also very under leveled for the E4 but my godly Dunsparce solo'd Iris's dragons

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    They were pretty average for Pokemon difficulty... I think 5 is probably a good assessment unless we're saying the hardest Pokemon game is a 5 (when compared to other game series) !

Back