• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
save states arent reccomended as I had an issue once where instead of loading my last real save it loaded a save state instead thus erasing all my progress from the actual save.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
I love that idea , it reminds me the bonfires of dark souls :) , i am glad you revived this project !!
Pokemon Discovery: The Dark Souls of Pokemon ROM hacks. In all seriousness, I do like the idea of making you save at specific points to give the sense of surviving in a harsh environment.
I'm actually taking a lot of inspiration from one of my favorite games, Tomb Raider. I'm too casual for Dark Souls {XD}

something dumb think its good or ignore...but pokemon actually losing hp as u move along......loses 5 10 hp every 500 steps? be some kind of survival move
I thought about doing something similar to this, but I don't want to limit exploration. I feel like people would be less likely to search around if they are limited to how many steps they can take. Good suggestion, though.

I'm not too fond of save point mechanics like these, since it leaves a lot of room for error to occur. especially if you arent able to save before a boss, forcing you to go through an entire dungeon again.

Speaking of dungeons can you enable the use of the lantern in the cannibal village? Because that dang builing with the ghost pokemon is a pain due to the risk of running in circles over and over again.
I agree with the cannibal village part, although I think the dungeon/boss problem can be solved with a bonfire near the boss (or just putting inteligently the bonfires)... or we could always have a Dark Souls, where to fight a stupid unfair boss, you have to keep running like 5 minutes each with the risk of being killed in the way by the minions hahaha xD

Checking the post daily, I'm super hyped for this ****!!!
You won't have to worry about that. The bonfires will be in pretty convenient places. You'll be able to do a lot more than just save at them in the future, so I want to make them readily available.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
I feel like you should have the ability to make a bonfire too, but so as not to overuse this function, have the method of making one a little challenging, where the materials aren't easy to find or something. That way if you need to save and there isn't a convenient spot nearby, then you might be able to make one where you are cuz you have the necessary materials with you.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 17, 2018
I've heard this had been canceled, so I'm glad that someone adopted it. Unfortunately I don't play unfinished rom hacks as I get a bit too upset when I get to the end, but the second you finish, I'll download. This is a great idea.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
I'm seriously damn glad that this game has been revived since I'd been following it since the very beginning.
Can't wait to see the 1st new demo.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
sSXkxsk.png

Good news! Pug is back and we'll be working together to get the scripts finished for the next beta. Speaking of which, the beta will be BIG. There will be 6 towns, various routes, and a plethora of secrets to explore!

OT4ZlK8.png
uEPvieR.png

sonic65101

Johto Champion
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 12, 2023
Amazing! One of my dreams came true! Pokémon Discovery is being revived!
Does this mean my next dream will come true, and Nintendo will make a proper 3D remake of Pokémon Crystal Version?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 3, 2021
One of the coolest rom hacks is coming back am I still dreaming?
I can't wait for this to be finished.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
I like the features of this.
I'll be checking this one.

One of the coolest rom hacks is coming back am I still dreaming?
I can't wait for this to be finished.

Amazing! One of my dreams came true! Pokémon Discovery is being revived!
Does this mean my next dream will come true, and Nintendo will make a proper 3D remake of Pokémon Crystal Version?

Whoo...both of you working together?this beta is gonna be hella awesome😁

Six towns in the demo? That's awesome!

Thanks, all!

Can you make the rom for android??

I'll see what I can do!

Back