• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
Update!

1JyvhUh.png

This place should look a little familiar.

Welcome back!

The plan is to combine all of your visions for Discovery into one. I'll PM you the plan!

Phew....looking great:)
Its nice to see project discovery being taken up again, coz i really enjoyed playing the previous beta. Hoping itll be even better.

Also its great to see le pug supporting the current dev.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
I just saw that this was revived! I've never loved a rom hack as much as I loved this one, it killed me when I saw that it died. Thank you so much for allowing it to return, Le Pug! *tears of joy* And Pleasure, I wish you luck on the challenge of keeping such a promising game great ^.^

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I'm glad to see that a fan has picked up the project and decided to continue with it. I wish you the best of luck and I can't wait to see the revamped beta released! good luck!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I cant remember for the life of me if this had the 4th gen physical/special split. I think it did but I cant recall, its been too long.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
sSXkxsk.png

One of the ideas Pug had for the new version of Discovery was to make it more survival intensive. Here's a preview of one of the methods I'm using to implement that idea. Introducing...

iTLyExa.png

Bonfires! These will replace the save option from the start menu, meaning you can no longer save when or wherever you want. Don't worry, though. There are several of them along the routes of Discovery.

Can I save in towns, too?

Well, that all depends on the choices you make...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 11, 2022
I've just discovered this hack and I find it brilliant. Can't wait to see more.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2021
sSXkxsk.png

One of the ideas Pug had for the new version of Discovery was to make it more survival intensive. Here's a preview of one of the methods I'm using to implement that idea. Introducing...

iTLyExa.png

Bonfires! These will replace the save option from the start menu, meaning you can no longer save when or wherever you want. Don't worry, though. There are several of them along the routes of Discovery.

Guau... Love the bonfire idea!!! I'm all in for the "survivalistic" aproach!

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2018
sSXkxsk.png

iTLyExa.png

I love that idea , it reminds me the bonfires of dark souls :) , i am glad you revived this project !!

Years
Pokemon Discovery: The Dark Souls of Pokemon ROM hacks. In all seriousness, I do like the idea of making you save at specific points to give the sense of surviving in a harsh environment.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
something dumb think its good or ignore...but pokemon actually losing hp as u move along......loses 5 10 hp every 500 steps? be some kind of survival move

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I'm not too fond of save point mechanics like these, since it leaves a lot of room for error to occur. especially if you arent able to save before a boss, forcing you to go through an entire dungeon again.

Speaking of dungeons can you enable the use of the lantern in the cannibal village? Because that dang builing with the ghost pokemon is a pain due to the risk of running in circles over and over again.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2021
I'm not too fond of save point mechanics like these, since it leaves a lot of room for error to occur. especially if you arent able to save before a boss, forcing you to go through an entire dungeon again.

Speaking of dungeons can you enable the use of the lantern in the cannibal village? Because that dang builing with the ghost pokemon is a pain due to the risk of running in circles over and over again.

I agree with the cannibal village part, although I think the dungeon/boss problem can be solved with a bonfire near the boss (or just putting inteligently the bonfires)... or we could always have a Dark Souls, where to fight a stupid unfair boss, you have to keep running like 5 minutes each with the risk of being killed in the way by the minions hahaha xD

Checking the post daily, I'm super hyped for this shit!!!

Back