• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
Years
  • I don't have a solid date. I'm just working on it when I have the free time. Here's a map in the mean time.
    t0XyIew.png

Aiyah! You actually progressed‽
    I hope that you do a great hack at least! ^^

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2021
    Update!

Progress is going a lot smoother than expected. I should be able to reach the point where Beta 1 ended by the end of the year, if not earlier.

L9iqzQs.png

OOOOWWW YEEEAAAAAH!!!!!!
    It's so good someone is taking care of good old Pokémon Discovery. You have all my support.
    Good luck!

lcie nimbus

100th degree asskicker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2017
    You know, this is one Rom hack I've been looking forward too for quite a while, it's got potential, and best of all, it's different from the dime a dozen hacks out there. So, take all the time you need to het this back off the ground. Cheers.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    I've about finalized the new story. Le Pug had a new vision for the game before he quit, so I'm doing my best to honor that while throwing my own twists in here and there. The Eeveelution event happens later in the story, Renegade Company is more fleshed out, the region now has a more rich lore, and more.

Here's another screenshot.
    0eq0dKk.png

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2022
    I've about finalized the new story. Le Pug had a new vision for the game before he quit, so I'm doing my best to honor that while throwing my own twists in here and there. The Eeveelution event happens later in the story, Renegade Company is more fleshed out, the region now has a more rich lore, and more.

Here's another screenshot.
    0eq0dKk.png

Looks great I can't wait for your beta to come out. Honestly I have no gripes about the eevee event being later gives you more time to bond with it. Are there any other main story elements you might have changed? Or is the beta we last got from Le Pug pretty consistent with how yours will be?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Looks great I can't wait for your beta to come out. Honestly I have no gripes about the eevee event being later gives you more time to bond with it. Are there any other main story elements you might have changed? Or is the beta we last got from Le Pug pretty consistent with how yours will be?
    The story is largely the same. The main thing I'm changing is the pacing. I'm adding more to the story, spreading events out, and adding elements that promote exploration. I guess you could say I'm telling the same story but in a different way and with a little more detail.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2022
    The story is largely the same. The main thing I'm changing is the pacing. I'm adding more to the story, spreading events out, and adding elements that promote exploration. I guess you could say I'm telling the same story but in a different way and with a little more detail.

Love the idea already. And I'm happy you're still keeping the elements of Le Pug's original vision. If you need any beta testers or anything let me know. I'd love to help out if possible. Thank you once again picking up such a heavy mantle glad to see this hack isn't dead thanks to you.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2019
    did lu plug tell u all the tricks he does like choices, his sprite ideas and map changes and all that stuff?

Tunak23

Blurson Of the Shore
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2024
    Like to hear that you are keeping the original story that Le Pug has planned and is good to see you posting little updates from time to time.So about the Ever we would be able to keep it for longer as a starter before changing its form?Also I'm hyped to know how the lore of the game has improved and how the whole region will play out to it.

About the last update,I like the bridge(Hoenn comes to mind)and well who doesn't love the secret areas and hidden secrets?More the better :)

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    Thanks for doing this! this is the best hack i've played and one of the bests pokemon games at all.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Like to hear that you are keeping the original story that Le Pug has planned and is good to see you posting little updates from time to time.So about the Ever we would be able to keep it for longer as a starter before changing its form?Also I'm hyped to know how the lore of the game has improved and how the whole region will play out to it.

About the last update,I like the bridge(Hoenn comes to mind)and well who doesn't love the secret areas and hidden secrets?More the better :)
    Yes, the Eeveelution event won't happen until you're a ways into the game!

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • Yes, another update is coming soonish.

Unfortunately, I won't be up to where the last beta ended by New Years, but I am making good progress.

It brings much pleasure to my heart to see a devoted fan taking over the project. I love what you are doing and it is bittersweet for me. I am constantly thinking about the new version of Discovery that I devoted so much time to that I epically failed at backing up and subsequently lost. Anyways, I had a renewed approach to everything including ideas to offset the whole instantly finding people idea and making it more about being in the mysterious wilds of an unknown island. If you want any help in making this project, you definitely have my back on this one. I've been gone like eight out of the past twelve months on deployment on my submarine and won't be back for another two months. However, I am very pleased to see your initiative to continue this project. Thanks for what you are doing; it is inspiring even to me. Having a little one running around and being away for months at a time has taken a toll on my free time to work on these and so I am pleased to see this. I don't know if I have shared this image before on this thread but here is the image of the new version of Discovery's shipwreck beach:
    Spoiler:

Here is the front / back sprites of the new sailor sprites if you wanna use them:
    Spoiler:

Here is just a random test map I made too if you want to use for something (if you elect to use the tiles, of course):
    Spoiler:

Again if you need any assistance or want ideas or anything, let me know. I'll be gone for two months like I said but when I get back, I'm down for assisting. With that, since you want to work on this project, I see no reason to be the thread owner anymore.

Whoever the mods are nowadays: I request thread ownership abilities be relieved to Pleasure. Thank you!

Years
  • It brings much pleasure to my heart to see a devoted fan taking over the project. I love what you are doing and it is bittersweet for me. I am constantly thinking about the new version of Discovery that I devoted so much time to that I epically failed at backing up and subsequently lost. Anyways, I had a renewed approach to everything including ideas to offset the whole instantly finding people idea and making it more about being in the mysterious wilds of an unknown island. If you want any help in making this project, you definitely have my back on this one. I've been gone like eight out of the past twelve months on deployment on my submarine and won't be back for another two months. However, I am very pleased to see your initiative to continue this project. Thanks for what you are doing; it is inspiring even to me. Having a little one running around and being away for months at a time has taken a toll on my free time to work on these and so I am pleased to see this. I don't know if I have shared this image before on this thread but here is the image of the new version of Discovery's shipwreck beach:
    Spoiler:

Here is the front / back sprites of the new sailor sprites if you wanna use them:
    Spoiler:

Here is just a random test map I made too if you want to use for something (if you elect to use the tiles, of course):
    Spoiler:

Again if you need any assistance or want ideas or anything, let me know. I'll be gone for two months like I said but when I get back, I'm down for assisting. With that, since you want to work on this project, I see no reason to be the thread owner anymore.

Whoever the mods are nowadays: I request thread ownership abilities be relieved to Pleasure. Thank you!

Stay safe during your next two month deployment. I'm touched to see the original being so open and helpful to the new developer continuing on the project.

Back