• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Have you ever trained your Togepi

warudo.kun!

I see what you did there.
Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    interesting. infact I really like togepi at the fact that if you train it with happiness it will evolve into a togetic, so I've actually done that in crystal.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Yes, and what a struggle that was. It was like trying to train something untrainable. It fainted quickly, it had no real attack moves, and metronome was always a stinker. I taught it headbutt and that helped a whole bunch.

Omega Saikon

The Highest Power
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    I trained it to evolve it but then I trashed it into the PC. It really wasn't helpful for anything 'cept filling the Pokédex.

Years
  • I trained it eventually. I certainly didn't bother training it during the storyline because it would take too much time to train since it doesn't learn any offensive moves except for Double-Edge at Level 38. You basically had to teach it TMs to level it up.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2012
    I think I trained him once in crystal to togetic, but i wound up ditching him once my eevee evolved into Umbreon just based on the fact that Umbreon knew more offensive moves and was better fit into my team (at age thirteen, my method was OMG MY LEVEL 92 TYPHLOSION AND LEVEL 20 EVERYTHING ELSE PWNS!!!!! slash "oh, this is cute, let's play with it for awhile!"). I like togepi alot more now that he has another evolution (togekiss), he makes a good special sweeper.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • I kinda did but never enough to have him evolve, I used to have him hatched by Ecruteak's gym in GSC and then train him there in the gym. When he learned Metronome that helped a lot and When they used Curse that helped a lot. After that gym though I never even looked at him again. Always wanted a Togetic though.

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
  • I've had it in Crystal and Silver, but I never bothered to train it in either one.

dutchmuffin77

...not dutch
    Years
  • i have beaten silver,gold, and crystal all multiple times but i have only trained togepi until it is a togetic once and i didnt think that it is was worth my time at all.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    I did once, it ended up being my strongest and it was the first Pokemon I ever trained to level 100

Meister

A leak has sprung !!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2013
    I always use it as Headbutt beast... to get heracross and such, training his happiness is just too damn long you know :S
    and the useless attacks he got, charm, dont like that kind of pokemon!

Back