• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Have you ever trained your Togepi

FalseSwipe

Finish him with False Swipe!
    Years
    The first time I beat Silver:
    Put it in the box as soon as it hatched
    Took it out before E4
    Gave it an exp. Share
    Did the E4 about 12 times before I beat it (my strategy was Feraligator was lvl 65, and everything else in the 20s....)
    It got up to the 50s.
    Used it as my main poke when I went to Kanto

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    I played through Crystal once with the decision that every Pokémon I got as a gift (the starter, the Togepi egg, the random day-care egg, Eevee, Tyrogue, etc.) I would use on my main team, no exceptions.

I gave up on the challenge solely because of Togepi.

Nope, I've never trained my Togepi. It annoyed the heck out of me in the anime and I didn't learn to like it any better in the games.

The Red Chain

I never was a big fan of Togepi, or it's evolution line. X3;;
    Though that's true I trained it to complete my Pokedex. ^_^;

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Most of the times I play a Gen II game I train the Togepi. I pick up the Swift TM in the tunnel south of Violet and east of Azalea (it's name slips my mind right now) and go back to Cherrygrove etc. to train it.

Years
    Nope. When I played through Gold I considered training it, got it to level 8, made it a Flash slave and never used it again.

In Crystal, I got it, hatched it, and put it away.

toniblade

Pokemon Rusty Gold - Maker
    Years
    After the egg hatches, most of the time the thing that I do at that moment is go to a Pokemon Center and deposit the Togepi in my PC. Only once I've trained it until it was a Togetic. Most other people do that too, and don't take it out for the rest of the game. What about you?

Just as you said. Never taking it away from pc.

~Fire Eagle~

The Advanced Trainer
    Years
    I never realized that I could train my Togepi because it never evolved into anything at that time but now I train my Togepi to evolved it into its final form.

Batmans Playtoy

To the Batmobile!
    Years
    My first run through of silver I did.
    Used it all the way until after the E4 then got bored and threw it into the box.
    I've never even hatched it anytime after that.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    It looks cool in the anime, ya know, with usin' Metronome and creating powerful attacks, like thunderbolt, but in the game, it sometimes turn out to be something useless, like Splash.

Nope. I only trained it once to complete my Pokédex....

Back