• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your best "Last day on the job" Story?

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    I saw this on reddit a couple months ago, and I got to thinking, what if guys on here had similar stories to how their last day at work went. I have one so I'll start it off.

I worked at a local pizza chain for 3 weeks. The manager was awful. One of the worst people I ever worked for. I hired as a delivery driver and got bad vibes from the place. I ignored my instincts and proceeded to stay there anyway.

Fast forward three weeks and when I come into work, boss demands an explanation for my lack of timeliness. According to him I've taken 70% longer than the other drivers on every delivery, adding up to nearly 9 hours in wasted time. I have no idea how he came up with these numbers. I was only in my early 20s having just gotten laid off another job and was trying to make ends meet, and I was trying every effort to keep the job until I got something much better. He was demanding an explanation for the loss of time and I stuttered a reply to him.

I was too nervous to tell him I constantly got lost and did not know the area well, despite living and growing up in the area. He also accused me of insulting one of his managers, which did not happen but he didn't care. As I tried to tell him this, he just stared at me and laughed, telling me I'm a terrible liar. He proceeded to give me my paycheck and told me to get out.

Fast forward again to the Superbowl. This same boss calls me and demands I come to work for him after he fired me 4 months earlier. I simply told him off the same way he told me off and to never call me again. I had secured a better job by this point and was on call. So I needed to keep the phone line free. Felt good to tell him off after he fired me for lying.

Now I would like to hear from you guys if you want. What are your best last day of work stories?

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • This isn't my story but it was awesome so I can't help but share it. A man intended to quit his job so he used the company's phone to call his mom in Dubai, telling her to stay connected. That was on Friday night, and since the office was closed weekends the call lasted until someone noticed on Monday. xD

I don't know if that one's true or not, but this one definitely is as it happened where I used to work. Before a co-worker of mine quit he hid a number of boxes of frozen fish in the manager's office. By the time it began to melt he was long gone, and to make matters worse(or better depending on how you look at it) nobody could figure out where he had hidden it. =O

I wish I had a personal story as good as these two, but sadly I do not.

Years
  • On my last day of a job I had a few years back I was so sick I spent the whole day in the bathroom rather than working ;; I felt so bad.

And like, it didn't stop, I kept getting sick.

Back