• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SM/USUM Current Metagame Cores

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
voltturn.png

A strong core is one of the single most valuable things to form when creating a new team. Cores are typically made up of a group of Pokémon that, when used together, work excellently toward accomplishing a specific goal, and any good player uses them, intentionally or not.

What are some of the most effective cores that you think are in this metagame, and how do they work in that particular play style? Feel free to post your thoughts and ideas here, and this OP will be updated with all the cores that are listed! (as long as they are effective).

Last edited:
Years
Specific Pokemon together that make a core.
ie. Landorus-T + Rotom-W.

Funny you mention them and use that image then, I think that's a great core.

Another one I like to use is M-Venu, Heatran and Ash-Greninja.
They cover each other really well and make for a solid basis to build a team around. Generally though it's a core I find best suited to a balanced playstyle since one is a sweeper, one is a tank and one can be a tank or a wallbreaker.

Last edited:
Years
Heatran
heatran.gif

magearna-original.gif
or
mawile-mega.gif
or
toxapex.gif

Tapu Bulu
tapubulu.gif

One core i have found enjoyment in is this one.
Bulu summons Grassy terrain which reduces damage done to Magearna and Heatran by Earthquake and Bulldoze and gives them passive healing. Bulu, being a grass type allows it to take on water types like greninja (assuming that a spdef set is used) that hinder Heatran. Heatran handles most of the fire types that threaten Magearna and Bulu. Magearna with all of this help can have more flexability in when it decides to set up a shift gear and gets passive healing as well The core also works with many mons in place of magearna as far as i am aware such as Mawile on Bulky offense and Toxapex on more Balanced builds

Last edited:
Back