• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Release Date Speculation

When Will The new Pokemon HG And SS Release In Europe?

• January

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • February

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • March

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • April

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • June

• July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Specify in a message)

• Total voters

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
  • NOTE - Currently known dates - September 12th for Japan, Spring 2010 for America (i.e. March-May).

The past speculation that started it all:
    Spoiler:
    We know it's impossible now but TEH THREAD REMAINS MINE!!! >:D

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Strange thing you noticed there... I think it's possible, but I wouldn't get your hopes up, it could take longer...

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    Whoa, i didn't notice that!

This is good news! Real good! Thanks goat person sir!!

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2010
    As we all know, Pokémon Heartgold and Soulsilver, the tenth anniversary remakes of Pokémon Gold and Silver, are scheduled to relese in the Fall of 2009 in Japan. Noncommittally, Nintendo has always stated Fall for their Japanese release dates, starting at Ruby and Sapphire (though excluding Firered and Leafgreen). And since the release of Pokémon Emerald, all main-series Pokémon RPGs have been released in September in Japan. The North American version has been released one month earlier each game, though always one year after the Japanese release.

Example: The North American version of Emerald was released May 2005 (September 2004 in Japan).
    For Diamond and Pearl, it released in April 2007 (September 2006 in Japan).
    For Platinum, it released in March 2009 (September 2008 in Japan).

At this rate, as the release dates get closer and closer, Heartgold and Soulsilver are likely to release as early as February in North America! So--fellow Americans, Canadians, and all the rest-- be expecting an early release date. And be as excited as I am!

(My birthday is in February, too! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P)

lol sweet early release (Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Were releashed april 24, my birthday lol)

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    Well Nintendo of the USA trademarked Heart Gold and Soul Silver months before they announced it, so maybe they were already translating it? Anyway if Nintendo was to release it around Christmas it would be the fastest and best selling game of the decade.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • I mean.... it's not that likely. Platinum was released in September in Japan but it took until March to translate it and release it in America. HG/SS is most likely going to be released in November in Japan, so =/

Well Nintendo of the USA trademarked Heart Gold and Soul Silver months before they announced it, so maybe they were already translating it? Anyway if Nintendo was to release it around Christmas it would be the fastest and best selling game of the decade.

What the baloney are you talking about? They always work on the games years previous to the release. It's irrelevant. Also, where the name of Jesus Christ do you get your facts? If it's released in 2009, there is no possible way it will be the best and fastest selling game of the decade.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    I mean.... it's not that likely. Platinum was released in September in Japan but it took until March to translate it and release it in America. HG/SS is most likely going to be released in November in Japan, so =/

What the hell are you talking about? They always work on the games years previous to the release. It's irrelevant. Also, where the hell do you get your facts? If it's released in 2009, there is no possible way it will be the best and fastest selling game of the decade.

There is no need to be rude!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Actually Jizard a rumor about pokewalk surfaced before it was revealed and had September as the release month so uh it could be that. And anyway any time before March would be wrong as well EoTS will be out in fall.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • No that is random speculation cause of the 10 year mark. I would believe far more a rumor with a bit that is already confirmed then that.

Ayselipera

I hope it comes earlier. I have never been
    more excited for a pokemon game than now.

Years
  • As we all know, Pokémon Heartgold and Soulsilver, the tenth anniversary remakes of Pokémon Gold and Silver, are scheduled to relese in the Fall of 2009 in Japan. Noncommittally, Nintendo has always stated Fall for their Japanese release dates, starting at Ruby and Sapphire (though excluding Firered and Leafgreen). And since the release of Pokémon Emerald, all main-series Pokémon RPGs have been released in September in Japan. The North American version has been released one month earlier each game, though always one year after the Japanese release.

Example: The North American version of Emerald was released May 2005 (September 2004 in Japan).
    For Diamond and Pearl, it released in April 2007 (September 2006 in Japan).
    For Platinum, it released in March 2009 (September 2008 in Japan).

At this rate, as the release dates get closer and closer, Heartgold and Soulsilver are likely to release as early as February in North America! So--fellow Americans, Canadians, and all the rest-- be expecting an early release date. And be as excited as I am!

(My birthday is in February, too!
    :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P)

(Mine too! Cool!)

Guys, he's not telling us that it will be released in February. He's saying that it's "likely" a.k.a. possible. None of us work for game freak, so how would we know the release date?

(That would be awesome if it was released in February. That will be my 20th birthday! <3)

After seeing the screens released today, I want it even more. (Silver=awesomeness.)

I hope it's early like you predict. :)

However, it might take a little longer because it is (possibly) translating TWO regions, not to mention the whole Arceus, Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza thing.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • Check out the japanese website.
    It says the game will be released September in japan
    http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=sv&js=n&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pokemon.co.jp%2Fgame%2Fds%2Fhgss%2F&sl=ja&tl=en&history_state0=

Translated by google translate

Sorry, but google translator is wrong (I don't know how many times I've said this XD )

The original Japanese there is this:

2009年秋

The correct translations is Autumn/Fall 2009

IF it were to say September, then it would look like this:

2009年9月

Again:

秋 != September
    September = 秋

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Wow, I didn't know this would flare up so fast. :) But Jlizard, please don't throw the word "hell" around so much. I'm not saying its a terrible word or anything, but you don't need to intensify everything you say. It's disrespectful, and Pokemon12345678901 was just speculating. And I never said that they will definitely come out in February, I'm just pointing out a cool pattern that I feel special for noticing. :rambo:

There has also been many rumors that HG/SS will be released on the 10th anniversary of the original games.
    It's not a rumor. It will officially come out 2009 in Japan.

Edit: I would guess the games keep translating faster because of technology, or just because Nintendo is getting huger. (Wii, 3d Pokémon games...) I think the Dsi would really add to this boost, so even with Kanto to (possibly) have to translate, I just think an earlier release date is a distinct possibility.

Last edited:

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • Wow, I didn't know this would flare up so fast. :) But Jlizard, please don't throw the word "hell" around so much. I'm not saying its a terrible word or anything, but you don't need to intensify everything you say. It's disrespectful, and Pokemon12345678901 was just speculating. And I never said that they will definitely come out in February, I'm just pointing out a cool pattern that I feel special for noticing. :rambo:

It's not a rumor. It will officially come out 2009 in Japan.

Edit: I would guess the games keep translating faster because of technology, or just because Nintendo is getting huger. (Wii, 3d Pokémon games...) I think the Dsi would really add to this boost, so even with Kanto to (possibly) have to translate, I just think an earlier release date is a distinct possibility.

I really don't think technology accounts for much :/ I mean you still have to translate based on yourself, and as we all know (especially from above) machines can't translate very well sometimes :P I mean based on what I can see, most of it is stored in the game seperate (almost like an internal database) and all you need to do is go through and replace the word once and they all will change (as far as Pokemon names and items goes) For actual dialogues though it's different. The only thing that will really make it come out faster is more dedication lol :P

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Eh, might as well leave this thread here as a 'release date speculation/info' thread, as it will probably be well debated as it gets closer and all.

But to lay a few things straight, as some people have done above - it'll be released in Japan this year (short of delays that occasionally happen), and although September is rumoured to be the possible month, nobody knows for sure - so for now, it's this year in Japan.

I'm a bit hesitant to rely on 'patterns' given that there is nothing saying that they have to follow it - my guess is as early as late this year, but far more realistically sometime next year, really. They won't be trying to be as quick as possible to get these games out, after all - they always take their time, and it'll remain that way.

Back