• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Wait, why was Kris not in again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
  • Hm. Well, I guess Soul looks a little bit more like she's from Johto now, with overall and an... Enourmus... Hat. I' still not gonna play as her, though, (the only female main character I can even think of playin' as is Leaf (she's A LOT better than all the other gals put together)) so I dunno why I care... But I must admit that I too (like everybody else) think it's weird that Kris is replaced.
    I don't really think of her (Soul) as Kris with a new haircut and with clothes that her mother picked for her, so she won't get dirty, I resemble her as... Copycat? It's weird, but to me, Copycat's real name is Soul, and Soul's nickname is Copycat. It doesn't make sense in-game, as she lives on two different locations and are on two places at the same time, but it helpes me from goin' mad, and it makes sense in my fan-Manga. That's my way of seein' it.

And hair colour... I guess they're just blue and brown because most of the inhabitants of Japan are brunettes or black-haired, and blue looked better than black. Although, to me, for example Leaf is dark-blonde, just to... Not make me go mad.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Bulbapedia is not fact! But it pretty much sums up everything I think and words it better.
    Originally Posted by Bulbapedia: Soul(game) Article
    Due to her similar hair and the revelation that HeartGold and SoulSilver will incorporate Crystal elements, it is believed by many fans that she is to Kris what Leaf is to Blue: a vastly redesigned version of her. As Kris's Special counterpart Crystal likewise had brown hair initially (though it was changed to blue to match her counterparts of Kris and Marina), and currently has brown hair again. Given this ambiguity, as well as a lack of information on HeartGold and SoulSilver currently, this article will remain until a potential confirmation of Soul's identity.
    I know people have said this before but the relationship between the games Pokemon Special and the games are pretty distinct even more so than the anime. In fact the reason that I think that Kris Pokemon Special counterpart could have had brown hair was because of the sprite in spoiler:
    Spoiler:

The sprite is a color panel swap of when Kris get Gold's sprite and vice versa. There was also a two color panal sprites that showed Gold with blue hair in the color panal swap. If the HGSS girl is a redesign of Kris, notice I said if then this sprite could then the reason the character hair was change to brown could have possibly something to do with the sprite in spoilers. Though hair color just may appear to be brown from the sprite, however it does not appear to be blue either. There are two site that display this sprite that I have seen which are PokemonElite2000.com and Pokestadium.com.

Though I will still play as a girl either way whether she is Kris or not because the character silent progonist and it will not affect the storyline in anyway and you can name your character whatever you want as well.

Last edited:

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I'd just like to say that this new girl is not out to replace Kris. She's out to replace Mario, but they accidentally put her in the wrong game.

You win
    lmfao

---
    The new girl is adorable, I don't get all the hate, be thankful we have a girl,
    I mean, I expected kris too, but thats not how it went down. They wanted something different this time around, theres no big mystery behind it, they just felt like it
    Or, they were playing mario and eating cream puffs while designing her >:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I would be so relieved if Nintendo/Game Freak pulled a last minute switcheroo on us and made Kris the heroine after all

Fath chance of that happening though

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • I think Kris will make a cameo sometime during the game. I mean they've done that for tons of characters throughout the game, so it wouldn't really be anything new. Maybe even a tag-team battle with her.

As for why she's not selectable... no one ever said they had to add EVERY Crystal element. Maybe they just wanted a new character or something. I don't really see the point either, but they changed Gold up a little bit too, so maybe they just figured they should just make someone else instead of change Kris :P

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • My only complaint about Soul is that she doesn't have that post-pubescent "OMGWTFHAWTNESS" thing that Kris, Leaf, and (to a lesser extent) May and Dawn did, but when you think about the Pokemon world and how these girls are supposed to be 10 years old, you realize that Soul is actually the first one to actually look the part instead of having boobies and making older male fans happy in the pants. >_>

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    There are so many sides to the way people view this character. There are people who see the design as a new character and like her, you have people that see this character as a new design and hate the character, you have people that see that this is a redesign of Kris and like her, you have people see that this is a redesign of Kris and hate the design. Personal I am going to try to remain neutral toward whether the female character is Kris or not or whether how I feel about her until we get more information about her.:\

Last edited:

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
  • Wow, I REALLY hope Kris at least appears in HG/SS...I wish they'd have put her in there instead of the new girl--her outfit is TERRIBLE (sorry, that's just my personal opinion). But I suppose the new girl is okay, too....after all, these are remakes of Gold and Silver, not Crystal; and Kris only appeared as the main female character in Crystal...

Years
  • HG/SS is clearly set in the 80's, due to the new character's fashion sense being heavily influenced by Mario, and Gold having a strange new liking of parachute pants.

So duh, Kris wasn't born yet. Gold and Silver... were attacked by a Celebi and thrown back in time.

Yep, that's the only reason I can think of.

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    I understand that many of you are upset about crystal not being in the game but come on! We are getting a gold and silver remake!!! As you can all see it is going to be a great game with or without crystal. A few character sprites doesnt make a game, so be a bit more happy about soul. Besides if you dont like her...you can always be gold.;)

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I understand that many of you are upset about crystal not being in the game but come on! We are getting a gold and silver remake!!! As you can all see it is going to be a great game with or without crystal. A few character sprites doesnt make a game, so be a bit more happy about soul. Besides if you dont like her...you can always be gold.;)
    What you say is absolutely correct. We will be playing these games no matter what. But I was just hoping that Kris gets a cameo. Is there anything wrong in having some hope? I don't hate the new girl but don't like her either.

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    What you say is absolutely correct. We will be playing these games no matter what. But I was just hoping that Kris gets a cameo. Is there anything wrong in having some hope? I don't hate the new girl but don't like her either.

No, there is nothing wrong in having hope. In fact i bet we all can assume that hg/ss was made due to all the people (including myself) who hoped that there would be a gold/silver remake and they voiced their opinions to nintendo.

derozio

Years
  • No, there is nothing wrong in having hope. In fact i bet we all can assume that hg/ss was made due to all the people (including myself) who hoped that there would be a gold/silver remake and they voiced their opinions to nintendo.
    Maybe you are right but I still hope that Kris gets a cameo.(Even though she doesn't get I will play this game coz I love these games!)

PokemonMasterX

Also known as MysteriexMKII basically everywhere e
    Years
  • I doubt Kris will appear
    First off, crystal was the first version to have a gender option so that was a most likely a test above all else
    Second off, since this is a gold/silver remake, which didn't have a gender selection, so they aren't bound to have kris in the game at all
    Third, if you want to play as kris in a gold/silver remake so bad go play zel's shiny gold 'cause its epic even though it isn't finished
    And Fourth, Yes, I do think that Kris should be in the game so don't think im hatin' on kris

derozio

Years
  • I doubt Kris will appear
    First off, crystal was the first version to have a gender option so that was a most likely a test above all else
    Second off, since this is a gold/silver remake, which didn't have a gender selection, so they aren't bound to have kris in the game at all
    Third, if you want to play as kris in a gold/silver remake so bad go play zel's shiny gold 'cause its epic even though it isn't finished
    And Fourth, Yes, I do think that Kris should be in the game so don't think im hatin' on kris

I am sorry but most of your reasons can't be called as proofs. And that second reason is not right as you yourself said that we didn't have gender selection in G/S but we have a new female lead now. And I know that SG is epic as I too am a SG supporter.Fourth: Its okay. Every one has their own opinions. ;)

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
  • We get a new girl character every "set" of pokemon games.

R/G/B/Y gave us Blue*
    G/S/C gave us Krys/Cris/Chris/Kris**
    R/S/E gave us May
    FR/LG gave us Leaf
    D/P/Pt gave us Dawn
    so HG/SS, following in suit, will give us Heart.

*Was not playable, but still there. Pokemon massages, anyone? Who wants a Town map?
    **Was not in the original two, but was in the third.

derozio

Years
  • We get a new girl character every "set" of pokemon games.

R/G/B/Y gave us Blue
    G/S/C gave us Krys/Cris/Chris/Kris
    R/S/E gave us May
    FR/LG gave us Leaf
    D/P/Pt gave us Dawn
    so HG/SS, following in suit, will give us Heart.
    I am sorry but I don't think that blue was present in the First Gen games. ;)

The other things you have mentioned are true.
    (I STILL insist that Kris gets a cameo! XD)

EDIT: Saw those ** in your messages now! XD So I think you are correct! XD

PokemonMasterX

Also known as MysteriexMKII basically everywhere e
    Years
  • I am sorry but most of your reasons can't be called as proofs. And that second reason is not right as you yourself said that we didn't have gender selection in G/S but we have a new female lead now. And I know that SG is epic as I too am a SG supporter.Fourth: Its okay. Every one has their own opinions. ;)

I don't know if those were the real reasons those were my guesses
    maybe kris just wasn't that popular, or it could have something to do with the fact that crystal was nowhere near as popular as gold and silver
    I'm not sure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back