• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Wait, why was Kris not in again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weavile Gemini

Some Ninja
Years
  • :\

This, technically, is Gold and Silver. Not Crystal. Kris is from Crystal. Soul is from Gold and Silver.

Think about it like this...In Emerald and Platinum, the characters got different/new clothes.
    Kris would be like the modifyed version of Soul. Except...this time, it's backwards.

...Did that make sense at all?

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • Thank you for your post. It reminded me to not give into these Kris fans. (I mean three months we've known that Kris isn't in the game, and we're still hearing about it? The game's not even out yet!) This is the most ridiculous argument in the world! There are more important things to argue over.

Also, Kris was tossed in too late. If she wasn't put into Crystal, May would have been the first playable female character.
    I'm definetely agreeing that the argument between Kris vs Soul is getting quite ridiculous. I'd have expected more arguments to break out, like Pokethon vs Contests or something along that line; but this whole thing is still a moot point between fans. I have, however, noticed that much of the hate has died down. Who knows? It may become a trivial matter by the time the localization sees its release. :/

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I understand that this argument is getting a little too much. But why can't anyone understand MY point? I wanted to say that there's still nearly 2 months before the games release and there are STILL many things to be revealed. So why can't Kris get one DARN CAMEO!??!

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
  • Game Freak trolled us. But whatever, I like Maria (Female name of Mario) chick better, she's cute little loli. And dos socks!

Years
  • I'm sorry, Kris fans. I know not all of you "hate" Soul. It's just I didn't want to hear the arguing anymore. It's bringing down the joy of the game. I was so excited when I first heard about GS getting remade. Ever since some people began complaining, it took the joy away. I would like for Kris fans to be happy, too, but I don't want GF to replace Soul with Kris. Kris was already in the anime. She wasn't forgotten. I think we may even see Kris in Johto when Ash goes back there. Sure, you Kris fans, may enjoy playing the game when you get it. But for people like me who have been wanting the remake for all these years and are actually happy with the changes, I'll be remembering this little debate between the two characters. I don't want you guys to give up on Pokemon just because you can't be the character you wanted. I don't want pokemon to end over this controversy over the new girl. :( I'm sorry if I upset anyone with my posts by being obnoxious. I just wanted to end the arguing. I'm truly sorry. Please forgive me.

Love, Ashley.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Kris was at least in the anime. Isn't that good enough? The anime sure didn't forget Kris. This new girl may not even have the honor of being in the anime. Leave SOUL allooooooooonnnee!!!"
    I personally don't care if she was in the anime (honor of being there?), but meh. =P
    (Besides, Kris is my aunt's name and she's mean. I don't want this game to remind me of my mean aunt.)
    Wouldn't that be incentive to beat her up though, if you could battle her? XD

Anyways, it does seem a bit odd to throw in Eusine and (seemingly so far, leastways) leave out Kris, but eh, I'm not really that fussed either way. That new hat could be smaller but oh well, I'd be playing as Gold anyways.

I don't think people are going to stop with the whole 'Kris/Soul is better debate', but idk why there's much complaining about it here as there hasn't been that much of it here anyways, really. =/ Let's not let this become just another complaint thread though, people; either about the lack of Kris, or people complaining about the lack of Kris. We already have a thread for that anyways. And I doubt many people necessarily hate Soul, as much as they'd have just liked to have seen Kris come back in some sort of way, especially as at least two major things from Crystal are in again.

Years
  • I personally don't care if she was in the anime (honor of being there?), but meh. =P
    Wouldn't that be incentive to beat her up though, if you could battle her? XD

Anyways, it does seem a bit odd to throw in Eusine and (seemingly so far, leastways) leave out Kris, but eh, I'm not really that fussed either way. That new hat could be smaller but oh well, I'd be playing as Gold anyways.

I don't think people are going to stop with the whole 'Kris/Soul is better debate', but idk why there's much complaining about it here as there hasn't been that much of it here anyways, really. =/ Let's not let this become just another complaint thread though, people; either about the lack of Kris, or people complaining about the lack of Kris. We already have a thread for that anyways. And I doubt many people necessarily hate Soul, as much as they'd have just liked to have seen Kris come back in some sort of way, especially as at least two major things from Crystal are in again.

I'm sorry. I edited my post. I'm just exhausted and I act weird when I'm exhausted. I'm sorry.

I agree with the person who said Kris should have a cameo. Maybe she'll in that building in Viridian where you can battle Cal.

derozio

Years
  • I'm sorry, Kris fans. I know not all of you "hate" Soul. It's just I didn't want to hear the arguing anymore. It's bringing down the joy of the game. I was so excited when I first heard about GS getting remade. Ever since some people began complaining, it took the joy away. I would like for Kris fans to be happy, too, but I don't want GF to replace Soul with Kris. Kris was already in the anime. She wasn't forgotten. I think we may even see Kris in Johto when Ash goes back there. Sure, you Kris fans, may enjoy playing the game when you get it. But for people like me who have been wanting the remake for all these years and are actually happy with the changes, I'll be remembering this little debate between the two characters. I don't want you guys to give up on Pokemon just because you can't be the character you wanted. I don't want pokemon to end over this controversy over the new girl. :( I'm sorry if I upset anyone with my posts by being obnoxious. I just wanted to end the arguing. I'm truly sorry. Please forgive me.

Love, Ashley.

I too am tired by the silly Kris vs Soul fight! You don't need to be so sorry. I am also one of the people who wanted G/S remakes VERY badly. So I really don't think that people like me will ever give up playing pokemon just because Kris wasn't in HG/SS.(I know that there may be some people like that but I am not one of them! XD) I really liked Soul and I really don't think that she may be replaced. She should NOT be replaced actually(coz many HG/SS fans have got attached to her. XD). And lily: Your idea about Kris in that battle building is not bad. Its actually a very good thought!

At the end, I think that I am gonna enjoy these games no matter what!
    (Man! I don't know why I have started to write big replies all of a sudden! XD :P)

Years
  • I know GF isn't going to do this. (If they did, I'd be shocked.) What if they made it so you have 4 options of characters to play as? Kris, (Old Gold aka Hiro), New Gold(Soul/Heart), and the new girl (whatever her true name is.) I think they should do something like that. Just because Kris isn't the playable character, doesn't mean we won't get to see her somewhere else in the game.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

derozio

Years
  • I know GF isn't going to do this. (If they did, I'd be shocked.) What if they made it so you have 4 options of characters to play as? Kris, (Old Gold aka Hiro), New Gold(Soul/Heart), and the new girl (whatever her true name is.) I think they should do something like that. Just because Kris isn't the playable character, doesn't mean we won't get to see her somewhere else in the game.

Spoiler:
    Wow Lily! You certainly changed a lot! XD

Jokes apart.... Your idea's okay but I don't think that it will be implemented. It will only be new Heart(gold) and New Soul.

CrystallineSeraphim

Awakened of Eternal Destiny
    Years
  • I have ONE question about the Different Generations of the Pokemon Games... specifically... Generation II... actually... only about Generation II... WHERE THE HECK DID YOU GUYS FIND OUT THE REAL NAMES OF THE Playable Characters in Generation II... I have Crystal emulated... but I don't know how you guys know anything about the real names of the generation II playable characters... Generations III and IV were obvious because they were in the anime and were many popular... hmm... I don't know if it has something to do with the game title... but I can't wait until the Generation V games comes out.. (I hope I am right about the Generation name of the Heart Gold Soul Silver games... or does it have to do with the game platform...)

Anyway... I wonder what the name of the Crystal remake will be... Crystal Body? Because it seems to have some connection to the Kingdom Hearts Games... Hearts -> Heartless, Body -> Nobodies, Soul -> Unbirth

Oblivion Reaper 2.0

Not Dead Yet
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Hell
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    OMG!!!
    Really?
    HG/SS are both remakes of GSC
    Maybe thats why Eusicne is in there...
    And Kris is a charcter from the manga
    and beside,she was only in crystal not gold and silver
    maybe that is why she is not in there...and no,there will not be a cameo...

Years
  • Kris should get a cameo. If this was a Crystal only remake, I'm pretty sure she would be the playable character but seeing as how the titles of the games are Heart GOLD and Soul SILVER, they had to put someone new in. I don't mind which character I play as. But seeing as how there is a new character, it will actually feel like a new game. I think it would have been cool to play as Kris if her sprite looked like this:

Wait, why was Kris not in again?

Spoiler:

Oblivion Reaper 2.0

Not Dead Yet
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Hell
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    Lily, what I have been saying is this...
    Kris,was charcter from the manga and the name caught on
    Soul/Heart is basically a new charcter since gold/silver did not have female lead while crystal did so maybe thats why they did not put her in...

Years
  • Lily, what I have been saying is this...
    Kris,was charcter from the manga and the name caught on
    Soul/Heart is basically a new charcter since gold/silver did not have female lead while crystal did so maybe thats why they did not put her in...

I know. I'm just trying to make the Kris fans happy. I'm happy with the character we have now already. I just wanted Kris fans to not be mad at me anymore.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    However, that logic no longer works, saying, ''Well Kris was only in crystal version'' doesn't work anymore, because Eusine was in crystal version, but he's in the new game,

there are alot of things GS didn't have but crystal does, and they'll be in the new GS remakes

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back