• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Wait, why was Kris not in again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    As we all know, Kris is not the female player for HG/SS but rather a new girl. For a while I was wondering why she wasn't put in, but a number of people said that these are G/S remakes, and not Crystal remakes. This made sense for me, so I left it at that.

However, we now know that Eusine is going to be in the remakes. What I don't get is why Gamefreak didn't put in Kris, the female player from Crystal, but they decided to put in Eusine, a Crystal exclusive character.

Note that while I would have preferred Kris, I don't have anything against this new character. I'm just curious (and a bit confused :P).

Years
    Bulbapedia is not fact! But it pretty much sums up everything I think and words it better.

Bulbapedia: Soul(game) Article said:
    Due to her similar hair and the revelation that HeartGold and SoulSilver will incorporate Crystal elements, it is believed by many fans that she is to Kris what Leaf is to Blue: a vastly redesigned version of her. As Kris's Special counterpart Crystal likewise had brown hair initially (though it was changed to blue to match her counterparts of Kris and Marina), and currently has brown hair again. Given this ambiguity, as well as a lack of information on HeartGold and SoulSilver currently, this article will remain until a potential confirmation of Soul's identity.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Because GameFreak wanted a change. :D

At least it still has a female player, and she still looks like a bit like Crystal.

It could be worse, they could've thrown Dawn in there. >__>

Would we rather have had Dawn??

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years

I guess that's correct. Dawn? No way!! >_<

But she may at least get a cameo in HG/SS as there's still time before the release.

Years
    Soul's just Kris with better clothes & brown hair -____-
    I personally liked Dawn, MAY WAS THE WORST, lets hope they dont bring her back.

derozio

Years
    I personally liked Dawn, MAY WAS THE WORST, lets hope they dont bring her back.[/QUOTE]

Maybe true, but many of us don't consider her the original. But as eusiene is back one can also hope for the original Kris to return. Not as the form of Soul but as a trainer in-game.

May was not WORST!! She was much better than dawn in my opinion. And BTW I was not calling Dawn WORST!(Everyone has different opinions and thus please try to avoid calling any character bad or worst!>_>)

Hovo

We gotta stay together.
    Years

This is all true. Kris had a makeover and a namechange. That is all.

May's hair is horrible. She needs to use better shampoo and conditioner.

Last edited:

Cid

Years

I think Dawn was fine, May didn't look that good, but she's still alright.

I also agree that Soul is just Kris with brown hair. She looks fine, so I'm not bothered much.

derozio

Years
    If that's Kris, then her way of fashion has degraded heavily.

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH HIROSHI!!! (Thank goodness there are other Kris fans like me.... I was just getting a bit lonely.... Thanks Hiroshi!).Actually I don't mind the new girl but want the original Kris to do at least a cameo!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Maybe you show put in mind that gold isnt in the remakes he just weres similer clothes and weres them differently

derozio

Years
    Maybe you show put in mind that gold isnt in the remakes he just weres similer clothes and weres them differently

I don't think so... Gold and Kris's cases are completely different!( and please try not to be rude the next time!)

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Even if Kris wasnt in G/S she's still the Generation II girl. Maybe Gold dumped Kris for Soul (Kris is hotter so idk why)

I hope Ash Ketchum at Mt. Silver doesn't look like his FR/LG sprite.

Cid

Years
    If that's Kris, then her way of fashion has degraded heavily.

And that made me disagree with one of my previous statements. XD

There is a good point in that statement, but I'm not really bothered about the new heroine. Kris and Soul both look fine, and though you say that Kris is better dressed, I still think that either of them suit the heroine role.

Though I wouldn't say no to Kris having a cameo. I guess I'd still choose her over Soul.

derozio

Years
    I hope Ash Ketchum at Mt. Silver doesn't look like his FR/LG sprite.

Sorry but its not Ash but Red. Red is not Ash. They both are each other's counterparts but they are not the same. About Kris: She will be in!(maybe)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Because GameFreak wanted a change. :D

At least it still has a female player, and she still looks like a bit like Crystal.

I'll rather have Dawn then to have this "new person". The "new person" looks very weird

:t354:TG

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Sorry but its not Ash but Red. Red is not Ash. They both are each other's counterparts but they are not the same. About Kris: She will be in!(maybe)

I knew that I call him Ash for the novelty factor of it

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I honestly don't know why this is such a big deal. :/
    New girl, while far less hawt, reminds me of Kris enough to make me think it's simply a redesign. Who said she is a completely different character?
    On that note, I'd prefer it greatly if Kris did make it as an NPC, preferably traveling with Eusine or some such. She was the best female character, IMO. I'd even play as her sometimes just so my sprite wasn't orange.

Ayselipera

I guess they just wanted to try something new.

Everyone says she looks so weird, but all of the girls' looked weird or wore things that I 've never seen anyone wear. Leaf was the most normal looking one, but she still wore colors that I've never seen anyone pair together and talk about pulling your socks up...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back