• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] v19.1 Shadow Wild Pokémon

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I'm trying to implement a shadow event wild Pokémon battle. I've added the type and the moves.

In the shadow moves file I have
    PONYTA = SHADOWFIRE,SHADOWDOWN

I have the following as an encounter modifier
    Code:
     Events.onWildPokemonCreate+=proc {|sender,e|
       pokemon=e[0]
       pokemon.makeShadow if $game_switches[103]
    }

In the event, I turn switch 103 on, then start a wild battle with
    pbWildBattle(:PONYTA,15)

The Pokémon appears with the correct sprite and announces its a Shadow Pokémon, but its catchable with normal Pokeballs ands its using normal moves, not the moves defined.
    I don't want The Pokémon catchable (the user doesn't have snag balls yet) and I don't have it set for all balls to be snag balls.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    <snipped>

Hey desbrina, I moved your thread here, to the Pokemon Essentials forum. This is the place for Essentials Questions.

As for the question, while I don't know why the ponyta doesn't have any shadow moves, especially after being defined, I can explain the snag ball issue.
    Essentials only makes the trainer snag ball exception for shadow pokemon, as in you can only catch a trainer's pokemon because it's a snag ball. A small little edit will make it work out for us.

Code:
        if wildBattle? && !(GameData::Item.get(ball).is_snag_ball? && battler.shadowPokemon?)
          @scene.pbThrowAndDeflect(ball,1)
          pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s shadow aura prevented the ball from working!",battler.pbThis))
          return
        end
    slap that bad boy in with the trainer battle exception in PokeBattle_BattleCommon
    (we could rearrange the checks so we don't double check stuff like if it wasn't a snag ball, and it is a shadow mon, but ehhh)

Back