• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hi, I'm Dan :D

Years
  • Hello everyone,

My name is Dan, big time Pokemon lover. I am 28 years old by law, 23 years old by decision and 12 years old when it comes to practical jokes, what can I say ?! Growing up is a process that lasts a lifetime.

I live in Romania, majored in Psychology and Law, worked in IT and now I am working in HR. I know it seems all over the place, but trust me, I got a plan. Born in a rich family, ended up poor, got back to being in a good place and going upward. What else can I say...hmm.... ow yea, I'm married and have a doggo (husky). I hope to be active but considering how hectic my life is I doubt I'll be extremely so. No matter what, Pokemon is the only past-time I have left to relax so I'll try to keep it as active as I can in my life.

I'm looking forward to knowing this community and taking part in it. If you have any questions or things I can help with, let me know, I pride myself in being helpful.😊

Years
  • So basically you're 28 + 23 + 12 = 63 years old =o 😜
    Just kidding ^.^

Hello Dan, welcome to the forum! =D
    Got a pic of your doggo? =3

Are you currently playing any Pokemon games?

DrWho42

ka kaw
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    hello there! welcome to the forums! what is your doggo's name btw?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional, I hear. :)

Welcome to the community Dan! Which games did you start with?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello everyone,

My name is Dan, big time Pokemon lover. I am 28 years old by law, 23 years old by decision and 12 years old when it comes to practical jokes, what can I say ?! Growing up is a process that lasts a lifetime.

I live in Romania, majored in Psychology and Law, worked in IT and now I am working in HR. I know it seems all over the place, but trust me, I got a plan. Born in a rich family, ended up poor, got back to being in a good place and going upward. What else can I say...hmm.... ow yea, I'm married and have a doggo (husky). I hope to be active but considering how hectic my life is I doubt I'll be extremely so. No matter what, Pokemon is the only past-time I have left to relax so I'll try to keep it as active as I can in my life.

I'm looking forward to knowing this community and taking part in it. If you have any questions or things I can help with, let me know, I pride myself in being helpful.😊
    Hiya, welcome to the community! 28 isn't even old, dw ;) Plenty of older OG pokémon fans here so you'll fit right in.

Pokémon is always a fun interest to fall back on, in whatever capacity you want and need, and these forums are a fun arena for discussing or trading or playing games with others from :3 I hope you'll be able to enjoy it in a way that suits you! And of course we'd like to help you too if you need anything. Hope to see you around.

Years
  • Spoiler:

Thank you for the warm welcome. I do miss being a part of a community, my life is taking a pretty big turn atm so this may turn out to be my small e-relaxation spot.... and I do feel old :))) 28 is something too close to 30 and 30 is a straight path to 40 and then I'll just asfkjhagkhagnajbkr . I know how it sounds, in my defense, I had this middle age crisis since I was 14, so....part of me .. yea?! No?! Bah, I just have to make the most of my time and it will all be dandy at the end.

Spoiler:

I need to frame this quote: "Words of wisdom : growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional ~Fairy, PokemonCommunity, 2021.

I started with card games when I was a child (8 yo), a friend of mine said he grew a bit too old for pokemon cards, so he left me a few. Obviously the deck was not complete, and I had no one to play, so I just left them in my drawer for a while. My parents told me to throw them away if I don't use them...and I did. When I grew up and found out how much a Charizard from the 90's was worth and that I threw it away was a good laugh. Then I went on to play on a Nintendo DS the FireRed version, then Emerald and since then, either through emulators or my DS I ended up playing everything I could get my hands on.

Spoiler:

Doggo's name is : Grey. Now you must guess where the name was inspired from.

Spoiler:

63..wow, I'll throw a memory anchor in myself and when I turn 63, I'll think of your question and wonder if I saw myself as I will be then.

Pics of doggo? DUUUH

I've made sure to have both a derpy image and a cute image. Enjoy

xthzO58.jpg

8Y89z4r.jpg

I am playing at the moment, Pokemon Sword on my Switch. It's the first game where I really want to complete the pokedex. God bless the wonders of the internet, you couldn't do this back in the day since people in Romania don't really have money to pay for DSs and Switches and even if they do, it's borderline a taboo to be playing these at any age above 13.

Years
  • hi dan!! it's nice seeing you around the forums already c: welcome to pc!!

as a side note of sorts, i hate growing up. adulthood is boring and i like being a kid inside, okay

Years
  • hi dan!! it's nice seeing you around the forums already c: welcome to pc!!

as a side note of sorts, i hate growing up. adulthood is boring and i like being a kid inside, okay

Thank you very much, nice to be here!

growing up can be stressful at times, it's up to me/us to make the most of it in a pleasant way. Easy to say, hard to do

Back