• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] [T] Delirium [OOC] [Sign-Ups Open!]

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
So, how's that map coming along?
Will there be TMs and HMs? I was just wondering because Fly would be nice later on.

Join the discord :P you would have had the answer. Royal said that it's too difficult for her to decide which Pokemon would get what moves and such. I think you could probably fly on a big enough Pokemon without the actual move.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
So, how's that map coming along?
Will there be TMs and HMs? I was just wondering because Fly would be nice later on.

Join the discord :P you would have had the answer. Royal said that it's too difficult for her to decide which Pokemon would get what moves and such. I think you could probably fly on a big enough Pokemon without the actual move.

Map is coming along slow. I'm less than two weeks to making my big move across the country from New York to California, so a lot of my free time has been limited. As for TMs and HMs - they will be treated like regular moves in this RP. At different levels, your Pokemon may or may not be able to learn them. As for Flying around to different cities, that won't be possible, sorry. Only short distances, and it all depends on the size of your Pokemon. This also counts Surf. Surf, Fly, and Strength will really be the only big HM moves and such you might find yourself using in the RP, but such moves won't be necessary to continue on the storyline.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Alright guys, here we go! The map of Veriti has been finished!

Full Map:
VeritiMap_zpsljqtv61v.png

And now for the numbered map and location list...
NumberedVeritiMap_zpsrkwkdoyb.png

1. Gallant Town
2. Route 1
3. Celeste City
4. Route 2
5. BlackTip Mountains
6. Wenge Town
7. Yellow Root Mountains
8. Xanadu Town
9. Twin Bridge Oceanside
10. Falu City
11. Heavy Ash Mountain
12. Drake's-Neck Town
13. Brandy Path
14. Brandy Town
15. Connection Tunnel
16. Eburnean City
17. Fairy Mountainside
18. Incarnadine Town
19. ??? (To be revealed)
20. ??? (To be revealed)

Reactions: CDB

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Heya, so, if anyone is interested, some sign-ups might become available in the future!

I'd still love to keep this going. Stay tuned!

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
NEW SIGN-UPS ARE OPEN!

Hey there, everyone! It is time for Delirium to kick back into gear! What does this mean? It means that we have sign-ups open! We have four open spots for the available Pokemon: Alliam, Sprian, Venutile, and Glacherd. (Please also make sure to look at the first post to see if any have been taken after this post.)

Always make sure to read the first OOC post, but here's how these new sign-ups will go – all new players will be starting in Celeste City. What does this mean for new players? This means that you've already collected your first badge! This also means you may have also captured some Pokemon to add to your team. Wonderful! So, let me explain how sign-ups work.

Sign-Ups will work almost like they did before. The first part of sign-ups will be the same, but here's what will be different: I require the roleplay example to be written as if you're battling for your first badge in Gallant Town. Because of this requirement, I will give people a chance to post all their information, and then have one week to fill out their roleplay example.

You will be allowed to have five additional Pokemon in your team (but you definitely don't need to have that many if you don't want to), besides your starter. These Pokemon can be chosen from the Pokemon found in Gallant Town and Route 1. Please also be aware that you can also choose levels, but here are conditions to that. Only one Pokemon may be at Level 18. The maximum level the rest of your Pokemon can be is Level 14. This also means you may have ONE Pokemon evolved into their second stage evolution, depending on leveling (If you'd like your starter to be evolved, but it's evolution hasn't been revealed in the Dex, please let me know and we can discuss this!).

I think that's all the information for now, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 14, 2018
NEW SIGN-UPS ARE OPEN!
At this point I just need to figure out what other Fakémon to start with, but I should be done with the rest of the SU.

Name: Darren Kudu
Hometown: Xanadu Town
Appearance:
Tall with lean, well-defined muscle, Darren has the build of a true Pokémon trainer. He is a dark, handsome youth, with olive skin and sporting thick, black eyebrows and wavy black hair cropped on the sides, wild and rustled on top. His eyes are almond shaped and jet black at first glance, though they shine a rich almond brown under the light of the sun.

Darren has a pointed preference for flannel shirts, and has a variety of colors of said shirts, his favorite being light blue and purple. He rounds off his outfit with either jeans or thick fleece pants depending on the season and weather, and always wears a pair of black, steel-toed boots with ergonomic insoles (hey, they're comfy). His Poké Balls and items go into a plain canvas backpack.​

Personality:
Generally-speaking, Darren tends (or at least attempts) to be outspoken in social situations. He has spent a decent part of his years journeying, and thus feels most comfortable in the wild, or in a secluded diner or Pokémon Center to trade news and stories with other travellers. Other than that, he is steadfast and courageous when in action, and does not hesitate to put himself in harm's way for the sake of others.

Darren's ultimate goal is to become a Pokémon Ranger, to protect travellers and trainers like him when they're in the wild, as well as to protect wild Pokémon from poachers and other ne'er do wells. Despite his intentions to be outgoing, he can sometimes come off as rough around the edges due to the distance he places between himself and "society". Also, he tends to speak with a drawl, which is sometimes off-putting.​

Background:
Born in Xanadu Town, Darren spent the majority of his life helping his parents forage for wild Berries they'd export to larger cities, such as Celeste City. Because of his upbringing, Darren was constantly in touch with wild Pokémon around and about Xanadu, and eventually he befriended a female Venutile, who would go on to become his partner. Thus, when Darren turned 14, he decided to enroll in the Pokémon Ranger Academy in Celeste City, aiming to become a full-fledged member by 18.

Unfortunately, the hysteria epidemic hit in the past year, and the ensuing panic meant that the Academy was temporarily shut down. All cadets were placed on quarantine and studies had stopped, but the acclaimed Professor Blackthorn's findings regarding the existence of immune individuals led the Academy to search who, if any, of its members were immune by chance. Darren, it turns out, is immune. Though not specifically aligned with the nine individuals found to be immune in Prof. Blackthorn's initial experiment, Darren shares their mission, to find a cause, and to find a cure to this epidemic.​

Roleplay Example
Spoiler:
• • •
Starter Pokémon
:
120_small_zps6o9kvigu.png

Shae
Female | Sassy
Lv. 15

• • •
Pokémon Team
:
Spoiler:

• • •

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018
Hi so since the SU's are opening again and people are starting in Celeste City I tried to quickly move myself through where I was and get up to Celeste City. I hope I didn't go too fast.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Djobi Djoba, great sign-up! I'll hold the spot for you to take Venutile, but I do need a roleplay example of you defeating the first gym leader. And I know you were still trying to figure out what other Fakemon you want, so let me know about those as well!

Hi so since the SU's are opening again and people are starting in Celeste City I tried to quickly move myself through where I was and get up to Celeste City. I hope I didn't go too fast.
Everything looked fine, but as a heads up for the future, leave the Pokemon catching open-ended.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018
Everything looked fine, but as a heads up for the future, leave the Pokemon catching open-ended.[/QUOTE]

I actually was very aware of this, but I proceeded to do the entire catch anyway to speed up my process into Celeste City since my character was still at a place that was before where the new roleplayers would start. It won't happen again. :)

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
Years
ooh, this looks amazing and so original!

Name: Strey

Hometown: Wenge Town

Appearance: Short, spiky fey hair that Strey had cut to make her look even more like a wild child. Her normal brown hair had been dyed a dark tone of purple that she calls Nightshade after the ghost attack. Like a hot topic reject, Strey wears thick black pants that have too many pockets with purple stitching. This girl carries no purse, thank you. Shirts are normally rocker shirts of sh*ty bands that play in dead beat clubs or in the graveyards. Her personal favorite is a black shirt with purple Koffing and Weezing heavily smoking on the front with the band name My Life is in a Smog.

Personality: Strey has always been a mischievous girl growing up. Getting into places that no sane human should go is what Strey is good at. She prefers to go about things in good humor, her laugh and jokes a defense mechanism against something serious or when people want her to do something she doesn?t want to do. A master of words and good nature easily fool people into overlooking the actual ticking time bomb. Strey knows that when she loses her temper, others lose so much more. And the sadistic part of herself that she keeps hidden with a laugh completely hides it.

She?d rather be out partying than staying indoors, as do most of her friends. While growing up in a rather dreary town that was dedicating to taking care of the dead and the mountains, Strey and the other humans had learned to find joy in the life you have. Strey is the one to dance with the Gengar and lure out the shy Umbreon all with a drink in her hand and grin to shake the insane.

Background: Strey never went on her journey as she saw it as a death sentence for the foolish. To send out 10 year olds with no education seemed like pure insanity. It created adults that cared only about themselves. And besides, she loved going to school and the comradery of others being with her as they learned and grew and then maybe lost it all in a midnight party of booze and drugs. Strey?s old man took off half way through the pregnancy. He had been 10 when he started his journey and 14 when he knocked up Strey?s mom, Vexa, who had been the same age. A lot of kids her age had parents that got knocked up super early. Her mom was a total badass though. She took on the rest of the league while pregnant and near won the thing, knowing she would need to support her new life on her own.

As such, Strey grew up super close to her mom and her group of ragtag pokemon that could take on a legendary. She loved pokemon but as her town inhabited dark and ghost pokemon she knew their dark side. A moment of laughing happily with a Haunter could leave you gasping for breath on the ground as it floated over you with a sickly grin and a needle gouged into its own flesh as it watched the light fade from your eyes. She knew that pokemon in rare occurrences had that primal instinct. After all, wasn?t their whole purpose surrounded by fighting?

Maybe because Jen knows what it?s like to lose touch with the good in yourself and actually hurt she?s always deep down believed pokemon to be so much more capable on a darker level. That?s why this outbreak? this Delirium was just something contrived in the years of breeding good creatures with harsh battling lifestyles. Is this not where everything was headed in terms of evolution? 10 year olds started off with good, fun intentions and can end up cruel adults. Strey figured she and the pokemon of today were just the experimental bastard byproduct of the children of yesterday.

Roleplay Example:
Spoiler:

Starter Pok?mon:
117_small_zpsuolunzf0.png

Nature: Quirky

Level:18

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 14, 2018
Djobi Djoba, great sign-up! I'll hold the spot for you to take Venutile, but I do need a roleplay example of you defeating the first gym leader. And I know you were still trying to figure out what other Fakemon you want, so let me know about those as well!

Looking at Pacin and Wolvip.

Also, I'm in the process of writing the new RP Sample, but I don't really know what moves Venutile and Pacin might know at that point in time, would you mind sharing that info with me, please?

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Awesome! I really enjoy your character and your post! ACCEPTED! The OOC and IC posts will be edited accordingly in a moment or two. Also, if you'd like to evolve Sprian, let me know, we can work something out!

Looking at Pacin and Wolvip.

Also, I'm in the process of writing the new RP Sample, but I don't really know what moves Venutile and Pacin might know at that point in time, would you mind sharing that info with me, please?
Sent you some info! Let me know if you have any more questions. <3

Last edited:

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
Years
Thanks! Can't wait to get started on this rp. Hoping for some fanatic pokemon. Can there be near death experiences when encountering Delirium pokemon?
And I would like to evolve my starter >3

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Thanks! Can't wait to get started on this rp. Hoping for some fanatic pokemon. Can there be near death experiences when encountering Delirium pokemon?
And I would like to evolve my starter >3
I wouldn't say so near death, since this is still rated T, but you're free to be creative plus, we won't be encountering Delirium Pokemon just yet. Just, right now, the full cause of Delirium in Pokemon and humans is unknown and should stay as such. :3

And yes, you may! Here's the info for your Pokemon. You can include your Pokemon evolving in your first official IC post!

STREY:
Sprian is ready to evolve thanks to your compassion and helping her grow (She can evolve, or not, whenever you'd like.)!

New Pokemon Entry!
Spoiler:

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
Years
I love the pokedex and the plot, but I don't think i'll be able to join. I'm pretty new to the RP stuff and I don't want to take too many on my first time. Nice RP though. Loving it!

Evily

Years
Ok, remember when I told you I might not be able to join. I thought about it and decided to squeeze on in if possible. One of the other RP's im in isn't as lively as I though, making me believe it might die soon.
So.....Is the spot still open?

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Ok, remember when I told you I might not be able to join. I thought about it and decided to squeeze on in if possible. One of the other RP's im in isn't as lively as I though, making me believe it might die soon.
So.....Is the spot still open?
Hey there, yeah, we still have a spot for Glacherd and Alliam, so feel free to choose between those two.

Evily

Years
Alright, I choose Alliam and got my SU up! Thanks for the chance!
Also, what day do you want me to start if accepted?
Got my secondary & third Pokemon in and both their levels. Just need the roleplay example.

picture.php

Name: Hikari Greenwood
Nickname: Kari
Hometown: Celeste City

Appearance: Hikari has long chestnut hair that reaches her thighs, shorter strands braided back to a tiny ponytail that's tied with a gray bow w/ a single cream stripe. (SAO Asuna hair style). Bangs frame her face from the side and rest on her forehead, most curved to the left. Her eyes are emerald green and has fair skin. Her clothing consist of a white dress shirt with a red ribbon tied around the inside of the collar; a dark green medium dress with a single white stripe at the bottom, ending at her thighs; cream, long sleeve, silk, open shirt ending to her waist with a gray outline, gray breast pockets, and gray ends on her sleeves; gray leggings; and cream colored boots, reaching below her knees, with green cotton at the top tied with a black tie. She always wears a tear necklace, twin silver bracelet with a blue tear gem on it(one on each wrist), and silver earrings with a tear gem, given to her from her deceased mother. Her shoulder bag has a light green body with a hint of white clouds, dark blue pokeball sign on the bottom left, and yellow fluffy keychain tied to her zipper. Her height reaches to 5'5" and weights 52 kg. Sadly, even though she's 17, her chest is a bit under developed. [---Picture - Credit goes to its respective owner(s)---]

Personality: Hikari is a bright, kind, and docile. She always has a smile to spare, no matter the situation. When someone is in need of assistance, Hikari is there to help. She's also a bit of a worrywart, worrying constantly about her friends and Pokemon. Her stubbornness keeps her moving alongside her determination. Her caring side has a side effect: it drives out her protective instincts. If she sees a friend being pushed around or hurt mentally, she'll waste no time straightening things. No matter if its a Pokemon or a person with an important status, she's snap. Don't forget, just because she's all bright and docile doesn't mean she can't be serious and roast people from time to time. Unfortunately, her stubborn side doesn't allow others to help her, always reassuring them that she's alright. She also tends to be a bit oblivious to her surroundings and is sensitive when it comes to her chest area.

Background: Hikari was born in Celeste City, Veriti, but at the age of 4, moved to Lumious City in Kalos. She loved to play with the Pokemon roaming around and sneaks out to do so. Around the age of 15, her mother received a call from an old friend in Veriti, wanting her to come over for a reunion. After hearing the news, her mother tried to speak with her father to go there for a vacation. Their worked at a restaurant and Hikari was barely learning how to cook. Her father refused, not wanting to leave the restaurant and had a bad feeling about it. Eventually, her mother managed to convince her father to allow them to go, but only her and her mother. They packed their bags for many months stay and bid their goodbyes. When they arrived, they rented a hotel at Celeste City and stayed there for the rest of the vacation.
But not everything was peaceful. The virus came and chaos ensued. Sadly, her mother died from the virus and left Hikari to fend off the unknown region on her own. Two years later, citizens were moved to safer areas, anything with the outside world was closed down. Hikari never felt so alone in her life until now. As the years passes, she learned to cook on her own and kept her family's recipes safe. A month after her birthday, turning 17, is when her life changes.

Roleplay Example:
Spoiler:

Starter Pokémon: Alliam "Zoro"
Nature: Serious
Lvl. 18

Secondary Pokemon: Minu "Mimi"
Nature: Docile
Lvl. 14

Third Pokemon: Fawbi "Bambi"
Nature: Naive
Lvl. 14

Last edited: