• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Thanks Daegon.. I am at my dad's house for today so I probably won't get any work on the battle system done until later.
Well.. To inform you of what's been happening, Pichaque, the graphics have been changed a great deal.. We now have a fully working HP bar for both hero and enemy, the names can be displayed and the level of the pokemon (thanks to Rm2k3kid for the graphics and some of the coding). Umm... I have started work on an item system (graphics and cms-style coding thanks to Mena) and various other bits of coding on the battle system.. And I also finished some coding on trainer battles and the bar which displays how many pokemon you have..

Pokemaster_Shiny, thanks for your advice but I think I can manage it from here.. I have needed to change a lot of coding on other things to include them in the battle and I didn't imagine it would be an easy task of making a pokedex.. I have already made major changes to the pokedex to get the right effect anyway..

Uhh.. Well I think that all I need to do is add in a few more items (once I get all of the parts of the bag working).. Make a few readme's and finish a little bit more coding here and there... And then that should be it.. Pokemon Battle System V2 is on it's way!:D

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
Sounds like everything is piecing together. I can't wait to install it into my game. It will really increase the progress of it.

Years
Ok it has been a while since I updated here but things are being done..
I made small additions to the battle system and worked out a system for pokemon selection to be possible in battle.. It will be used at a later point in time..
I added a snippet of code which reduced the amount of code to load a pokemon's stats.. This will be very useful for the selection screen..
I know I said it wouldn't be long until the next version was released but I just keep finding things to do..

I updated the code on levels. Modulus was used to make about 300 lines of code, only about 15.. Levels can exceed 99 but will not be displayed so I am thinking about capping the levels at 99..
Anyway I have started work on a PP system which requires 48 or so variables just for the pp or each pokemon in the party.. This could not be simplified any further..
After the PP system is fully completed, work on the item system can continue..
Then a demo shall be ready :)

Years
Sounds good, but you might want to cap the levels at 100.. since that is the highest level in the GB games.

This'll also be a great help for people wanting to make their own Pokemon game with RPG Maker :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
One day would you translate it to pure Rm2k, not rm2k3, because I have a messed up version of RM2k3

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Urm..Why can't you just download a different version of rm2k3? There's loads
of copies.

cigarettes

Pokemon Slate Creator
Years
When this system is completed i can guarantee their

is gonna be a lot more pokemon games around!!!!

Cigarettes :chinese:

Years
Sounds good, but you might want to cap the levels at 100.. since that is the highest level in the GB games.

This'll also be a great help for people wanting to make their own Pokemon game with RPG Maker :)
Yeah well that was my dilemma... I can only display 2 numbers or they will overlap... So at the moment I am gonna leave the display capped at lv 99 and you can make you're own capping for actual level.. Remember it is in the level up section of the battle sys lol :P

Ok I have a few problems now everyone.. I am moving on... SUNDAY!!
I lost my **** job but I don't have to pay rent anymore so I don't care.. It would be hell for me getting to work from RBH anyway.. I have done the majority or coding on the battle sys but I won't be here to answer questions unfortunately... I may also not be able to finish my game for the comp due to lack of sprites..
I am still working on the pp/item systems and then I will see what happens..

Years
Ok I know this is double posting but i have updates :) almost finished the PP system.. Stat loader fixed.. Bugs with pokemon withdrawl system fixed..
But when you catch a new pokemon I am going to have to make only one move available because I just can't do the other way.. I haven't got enough time and I am still working on the last part of the item system.

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, I'm glad that the item sys is having good progress.
If you haven't got enough time doing the 'other way' that you're talking about,
you could tell me what's needed to be done and I'll do it for you.

Years
Ok I have finished the PP system.. The only thing I missed out was the pokemon withdrawl pp.. At current, any pokemon who get sent to the pc (when captured), deposited and withdrawn will only be able to use a new move I implemented.. The good old fashioned struggle.. Someone will have to fix this if they want.. I was going to re-design the PC anyway and I'm sure most of you will want to anyway.. At least the PP system works when you finish a battle *Phew*..
Sorry everyone but it's hard work and I just don't have the time right now..

Daegon, the "other way" is to have any of the new pokemon's PP the same as the pokemon you just battled. I did it after all but if you have 6 pokemon already then it will be sent to the PC and I am not going to even touch the variable transfer there..

EDIT: Time for a rest now, I will work on the item sys later..

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
EDIT: Time for a rest now, I will work on the item sys later..
Go ahead. You've earned it. I'll look into the other way later when a new demo
comes out.

Years
Oh....

I am leaving today, sorry that I couldn't finish the battle system but I will still upload it.. Here is what I have.. I will be able to email various people when I am nice and stable. I will continue working on it whenever I get the chance but here is what I have done.. Don't expect anything from me in a while

>>>Download Battle Sys Version 2<<<

Last edited:
Years
The download doesn't work for me. When I click on it the battlesystemthread opens in a new window.When I right click and select save target as the download starts but ends after 0,5 seconds.
What am I doing wrong?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
I don't think anyone will actually mind that you didn't complete it because of the amount of time and effort you put into getting it this far. And now it means that if people want to use it they have to put some effort into coding is well. So everyone's a winner.

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, right clicking works for me.
Krazy, you did a great job! Shame you had to leave. Well, I'm sure that this will
help a lot of people using rm2k. If you do have time, please do post. Everyone
will miss you.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
I didn't right click, I just clicked it and it started downloading.

Now I have a question. Has Krazy left for good?

And for a final note, I opened up the battle sys in RM2K3 and it looked to me like the CNS was working greatly. Then only problem I found was being able to test the game or play it at all. I always get this message: "The file system2c cannot be opened."

Even if I could see the progress of everything, I'm sure I would agree with big bad mod Daegon.

Edit: Ok, I found a way to get around that but then It can't find Hero 2 and I have no idea where Hero 2 should go so...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back