• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PedAPP v2 - New Owner

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
Years
  • pedapp.png

Let's kick things up with some good explanatory text. (plus yeah, i made that pokeball myself)

whats.png

For me, PedAPP is probably the greatest present I've been given on the internet.

For you, however, it is a compilation or an add-on for Poccil's Pokemon Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP; all the moves, pokemon, items, abilities and Graphical User Interface updated for the new generation; Generation IV. It includes new gameplay features only introduced in Generation IV -- such as Gravity, in battlefield; or Honey Trees (strictly speaking, that was already invented back in GSC).

In short, it's a way to extend Poccil's kit to properly support all the Platinum moves and abilities functions, and the DPPlt items and Pokemon, as well as all the stat updates and move switching.

whatcan.png

PedAPP is community-driven -- user submitted resources, scripts, and item updates. We can't do this without a community. I need your help to fill the missing patches, the gaps that I, or anyone else who has submitted anything to this project, have not yet implemented into Poccil's kit. There are so many problems that I cannot get over by myself. We need you to take action and begin supporting -- taking without giving anything back is hardly character-building.

Because of this; PedAPP is released in 2 version - Standard and PRO. No, we're not making money out of the PRO version. PedAPP is not something that we're just going to give away to someone who probably won't make the most of it. If you can prove (show us) that you have a project that you are putting your effort into, we'll give you a temporary download of the latest PRO version of Poccils kit.

Due to people promising the previous owner to implement features, and stealing the code and never getting back in touch; please; implement features into the Standard version; we will include these in both versions.

features.png

• Redone moves -- added and updated the effects of all the moves in DPPlt. There's a few that need tweaking but otherwise great.
    • Redone abilities -- updated all the abilities from DPPlt. Added new ones and tweaked old ones. Again; some aint perfect, but it's mostly complete.
    • Updated items list -- My specialty here; I've been updating all the items to match those prices and descriptions in DPPlt.
    • Updated Pokémon -- Pokémon and the levels they learn their moves at have been updated to match Platinum standards.
    • Expanded screen size -- screen size expanded to match DS and DSi size.
    • Enhanced download module (in production): Basically, we're working on something that can automatically check (and if it exists, update) PedAPP from within the RGSS player -- so you don't have to keep checking for updates.
    • redone GUI -- added all the platinum graphics. Still way under construction.

download.png

Download links not available yet ;~; fixing up for the latest release.

Sorry, will return ASAP.

thanks.png

(aka credits)

Mad.Array - Need I say no more, the brain behind this creation. Nothing would exist without him.
    Wichu - Contributing loads to this project. Mad.array held you in high regards :3
    Shaggy Typhlosion / Hardy Har Har - Contributing a hell of a lot. Thanks :D
    Ty101 - Contributing the Mystery Gift event.
    Boonzeet - I dunno; taking over the project from mad.array :)

And You! For taking an interest in this and bothering to read this wall of text.

artwork by boonzeet

Last edited:

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years
  • I'd like to help with this! mad.array taught me some things, so i think i've the knowledge to help. Indeed, i've been working on the Gen4 items, i dunno if that would work for you...

Also, I'd love to see people with their games of 512x384(256x192) pixels of resolution. My screen is like the DS.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Enhanced download module (in production): Basically, we're working on something that can automatically check (and if it exists, update) PedAPP from within the RGSS player -- so you don't have to keep checking for updates.
    I can help with this if you need any. I have spent 4 years with NP and other such things, which has taught me quite a bit about standard TCP/IP networking in Ruby and within RMXP.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • It's good to see this project back =], well, I didn't have the chance to test the previous versions, but I'm really interested in helping with this one ^^.

Boonzeet

Years
  • Thanks! I'd be so glad if you could.

Upon request of the owner; I have to keep it as a Basic/Complete; renamed to Standard and Pro (albeit I really don't see the difference between the two? Upon exploring them).

Thanks for support. School starts in 3 days; so I can't do much until I get that out the way. Next week I'll start some serious work on this.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • I'm surprised that this thread didn't get many replies. I love the new things you are trying to implement, and if you need any help with scripting or anything else I'll be willing to help. I'm also good with ripping the various platinum graphics and resize them to the needed resolution.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    I'll do some basic scripting if needed.
    Anything to help me learn to script.

Boonzeet

Years
  • I'm surprised that this thread didn't get many replies. I love the new things you are trying to implement, and if you need any help with scripting or anything else I'll be willing to help. I'm also good with ripping the various platinum graphics and resize them to the needed resolution.

Thanks. Can you send me a PM? I'm going to start ripping HG/GS graphics and work around a kit that you can choose what graphics set you want.

I'll do some basic scripting if needed.
    Anything to help me learn to script.

Okay, cool. PM me :)

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, I'm preparing the kit for HG/GS, which is troublesome.

Boonzeet

Years
  • ... Very much looking forward to this.

Guys, I'm working on something totally radical. I'm gonna need huge help on this.

If anyone can rip all of the Pokémon sprites from HG/SS to RPG maker XP walking format, I'll love you forever.

I'm working on a following script like HG/SS. :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    Cool, I'm not very good at ripping sprites but, when I rip lots of stuff from the rom, I'll do what I can.

I think that a following script is too big an accomplishment to give away free.
    I think that you should include it in the version for good games.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • I have all the HGSS Pokémon sprites doubled at 160x160 pixels (and trasnparent) if you want those?

Sorry if you already have these, I did it myself I don't know who else did.

DE5PA1R

Intermediate Developer
    Years
  • Hey guys. I had the opportunity to work on this a little when mad.array first started.

From what I can tell, there are 3 PBs that have to be edited for this project: pokemon.pb, tm.pb, and moves.pb. I know we have a copy of the gen IV pokemon.pb and tm.pb, but I don't think we have the gen IV moves.pb. I want to start working on it, but first I need to make sure that nobody else has it so that I'm not wasting my time.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2010
    The PedAPP v2 seems cool.but i have 2 Question:
    How big will it be in file size?
    Will it install or to you need to put it in the folders?

Last edited:

Boonzeet

Years
  • @Hardy Har Har: xP but I'm lazy and cba.

Thanks a lot to Franlandia, whom has converted all of the Kanto and Generation IV Pokémon to RPG Maker Sprite.

@DE5PA1R: I'm really not too sure. I mean all the information is kept in a .txt and .dat file, isn't it?

@megasuper: lord knows. The PRO will always be bigger than the standard.
    Installation? I guess I could try. Otherwise no, just extract the .tar.gz and use normally.

Yes, you're gonna need WinRAR.

@ravecat: it'd be totally awesome if it was like the same format as this:
    Spoiler:

Back