• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Spider-Man: Homecoming

pkmin3033

Well, let's be honest - Spiderman was the only good thing about Civil War. He made that brawl about 2/3 into the movie worth watching all by himself, so an entire movie with the same snappy dialogue is bound to be entertaining. Spiderman has always been the most light-hearted and generally human of Marvel's superheroes as well (although Deadpool is arguably more entertaining) so that should generally make good viewing material.

That aside, Homecoming does not have much to live up to, given that the only good Spiderman movie that has ever been made is Spiderman 2, and that was due almost solely to Alfred Molina's superb performance. The poor quality of the ironically-named Amazing Spiderman films would make almost anything look good by comparison.

It also doesn't appear to be an origin story. THANK GOD.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Please don't show his origin story. We've already seen it several times, we don't need to hear that stupid line about great responsibility. Besides the worry that they'll try and cram that in somehow, I'm really excited! The trailers look amazing. And yeah, it doesn't have too much to live up to haha.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Besides the worry that they'll try and cram that in somehow.

I could imagine a couple of ways, namely flashbacks and prequel.

Last edited:

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • The MCU's tone and overall philosophy, Fits The Spiderman mythos quite well so I'm coming in to it with high expectations.

Marvel's cultivated a cynical and hateful viewpoint in me after One more day... and I've hated the Spidey comics ever since. They made Peter into literally Tony Stark 2.0... I love Tony but god... Peter has his own appeal and being a Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist, A** Hole isn't it. Also Bring back Mary Jane dammit...

Anyway, The films has Tony as a mentor and sort off a big brother for Peter and that's neat. In the comics failed and betrayed Peter and got his Aunt killed and nearly put Mary Jane six feet under but hey... the MCU has been great with relationships and I know they won't s*** the bed with Tony and Peters relationship in the movie...

Still no Mary Jane tho... I don't know how to feel about that...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Something tells me there's a cameo of her, with us not knowing it is actually Mary Jane. She'll probably become main starting Homecoming 2.

CidHazard

Years
  • Watching it later today... I'm going to watch it as objectively as I can...

Hope my history with the Spiderman character doesn't ruin the experience.

CidHazard

Years
  • Best Spider-man movie ever...

I can't stop fangasming while watching the movie. They even perfectly adapted Iconic Spider-man scenes from the comics.

OMFGTHESUITISAMAZINGPETERREMINDSOFTHEULTIMATEVERSIONCROSSEDWITHTHE REGULARSPIDEYTHEVULTUREWASGREATTONYSTARKLIMITED AS HE WAS WAS GREAT!!! THE SUPORTINGCAST FANTASTICARGGGGG ~WHEEZE~

TLDR: Watch it its great.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I didn't think it was possible, but they made a good Spider-Man movie.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023

Little over a month old, but I wanted to throw this in here. Fun guy!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I just saw this yesterday and wow it was great! Just what a spider-man movie should always have been, not taking itself too seriously. Loved it!

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Back