• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Musharna vs Duosion

the fetus or the blob

• Fetus (Musharna)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Blob (Duosion)

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
Years
Hello everyone! This week's NU matchup is between the bulky and powerful Pokemon, Musharna, who can potentially sweep with Calm Mind and utilize leftovers versus A stronger, less bulky Pokemon, Duosion, with access to one of the best abilities in the game in Magic Guard, but relies heavily on an eviolite to stay bulky.

Spr_b_5b_518.png
Spr_5b_518.png
6219A.png
Spr_b_5b_578.png
Spr_5b_578.png

When comparing the two, I want you to also base it on which you'd use competitively, which do you think has the better chance, which you used in-game, which you like the design-of best, and what strategies you think one could use to beat the other. Each week these polls will continue until all combinations and tiers are used up (each Pokemon compared will be from the same competitive tier). To find out more about tiers, and how you can get the most out of these Pokemon, check out Battle Center. So which do you choose? Don't forget to post in the thread when voting in the poll, either!

So, who will it be??​

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I like the green blob better than the pink fetus. Its Special Attack stat is so powerful it's actually the same as Reuniclus! I'm pleased that I have the White version.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Definitely Musharna. It's so dang cute, fat, and bulky. My favorite kind of Pokemon right thurr.
If it had the stats for it, it would have a very fun movepool to play with, so my only complaint is that it doesn't have enough Attack to really play with its possible physical attacks, but it's Special Attack more than makes up for it. With the combination of Calm Mind bring it's Special Attack and Special bulk even higher, it makes it all the more irritating to knock down, especially with its Leftovers + Moonlight recovery. All in all, it's a very cute, and fun Pokemon to use, and it is actually one of my most favorites. <3

Years
I picked Duosion because it has Special Attack on par with its final evo Reuniclus, and with an Eviolite this thing can become a bit of a tank as well, taking hits like a blob of jelly. I also liked its design better and it has a superior ability in Magic Guard, protecting it from all indirect damage. That means no burn/poison damage, no weather damage, no entry hazard damage and no Leech Seed damage!

You have just gotta love how cool Duosion is, and I love its entire evolution line in general.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I picked Duosion because I like its design, and because of Magic Guard ability, which makes it invulnerable to any kind of indirect damage.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Duosion, cuz it's the second best Pokémon come Eviolite other than maybe Porygon2. Also it's name sounds cool xD. I didn't care much about the ability, but still, I gotta admit Magic Guard is cool. Also I like Reuiniclus, our resident nucleus very much as well.

Sirfetch’d

Musharna is one of the best Pokemon in NU play and the best Psychic type in the tier sp I went with it. It is incredibly bulky and has a great Special Attack along with a decent ability. Also it is a wonderful looking Pokemon as well.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Musharna fo sure! Duosion was only good in hail and now it's just outclassed by Mushy. Plus even in-game it's easier to find because Duosion isn't even a Pokemon found in Black without trading!

Back