• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Evolution method vs Pokédex entries

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Evolution method vs Pok?dex entries

So I was looking at a Slowking and I just remembered its info in the anime/Pok?dex said it needed to be bit on the head by a Shellder to evolve.
    Back when I was playing Crystal as a kid, I spent HOURS fishing for Shellder in Olivine city, with a Slowpoke leading my party in hopes to get it evolve. I also leveled Onix to 100 for a Steelix.

Did something similar happened to you in Gen 2?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Not in Gen 2, but I spent a mad amount of time trying to move the damn truck in gen1, having a shelder and a slowpoke in my team because of the anime, trying to find a way behind Bill's house because I thought "Pikablu" would be behind there and trying to find Ho-Oh

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Not in Gen 2, but I spent a mad amount of time trying to move the damn truck in gen1, having a shelder and a slowpoke in my team because of the anime, trying to find a way behind Bill's house because I thought "Pikablu" would be behind there and trying to find Ho-Oh

I never did the Mew Truck thing, but I spent so much time in Ilex forest trying to find Celebi :(

Years
  • Gold and Silver were my favourite games as a kid, although living in the countryside meant other players were few and far between. I remember meeting one kid who seemed to know a lot about the games, said if I found a Hard Stone I'd be able to make Onix evolve into Steelix. Obviously not true, and a big disappointment, I didn't own a Steelix until Leaf Green came around, and more kids in my school got GBAs and Pok?mon games.

Back