• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

“The faller” fanfic chapters 1 &2

Years
  • The faller: Chapter 11: Ultra Beast rising:

Olivia faced Nanu, with a beet red face she looked him straight in the eye.

"So… I've thought about it, I'll go with you to the policeman's ball."

Leanne sat there in complete shock. She'd been throwing out hints at Nanu since she got here. What does Olivia have that she doesn't? She felt as if maybe she wasn't good enough. Maybe her abusive ex back in her world was right. Maybe she wasn't good enough for anyone.

Nanu looked behind him only to see a distraught Leanne. Leanne looked completely heartbroken. He felt bad. She had just saved his ass too. He'd never have anyone do anything like that for him. He sighed and scratched his head. He didn't want to hurt Olivia's feelings, so he was just gonna lie.

"So, uh, I've thought about it. And, I'm not messing with that nonsense… it's just not for me. I also… I don't think I'm in a place to be seeing anyone right now."

Olivia raised an eyebrow. It was HIM, that came onto her in the first place. How dare he reject her? Olivia folded her arms and scowled at Nanu.

"I see…." Olivia paused for a moment and looked to Leanne.

"So, would you want to take me up on my offer to help you and Abra train Leanne?"

"Oh…. Now? Oh okay." Leanne got up and followed Olivia outside.

Leanne threw out Dex's pokeball.

"Abra! Ab!" Dex cried out.

Olivia threw out a single great ball out came her Midnight Lyncanroc.

"Lycan! Rock! Rock!" Lycanroc cried out.

Olivia shook her head, still in disbelief of the situation that had unfolded.
    "That Nanu… he's sure something else huh?"

Leanne crossed her arms and scowled.

"Yeah, he's kind of a prick." Leanne huffed in anger.

Olivia chuckled, "That he is. So, I'm assuming that Abra is the only Pokémon you have? We're gonna catch you another one." Olivia handed Leanne a Pokeball as they proceeded into the tall grass.

All of the sudden a wild Absol appeared. Leanne signaled Dex to battle.

"Dex! Use psychic!"

Dex let out a powerful wave of psychic energy and aimed it towards Absol but it didn't seem to do much. Leanne's brow furroughed confused.

"Rule #1 Of pokemon battles… every Pokémon has a type they are strong and weak against. Since your Abra is a psychic type, it's not very effective against Absol, a dark type. Here let me help you out. Use my Lycanroc." Olivia signaled Lycanroc to be used by Leanne to battle. Leanne called Dex back into his Pokeball.

"Lycanroc use Rock Tomb!" Leanne shouted.

Lycanroc used the stones around it's neck and threw them straight at Absol. It appeared to do a decent amount of damage.

Absol turned to Lycanroc and hit it with a powerful wave of dark energy, using Dark Pulse. It hit Lycanroc straight on and damaged it.

"Lycanroc Rock Tomb again!" Shouted Leanne once more.

Lycanroc again used Rock Tomb and badly damaged Absol.

Leanne threw the Pokeball at it. It wiggled around 4 times before finally being caught. She walked up to the Pokeball and gripped it in her palm. She was grinning from ear to ear. Her second Pokémon. And it was so cool looking too!
    Who needs Nanu? She can get by just by herself. Leanne had always been self sufficient anyways. She never needed a man. But it was just something about that old man that caught her attention, which was a hard thing to do.

"Well, I'm gonna head out. It was nice seeing you Leanne. Call me if you ever want to train again." Olivia waved goodbye and headed out with Lycanroc.

"See you! Thanks for helping me catch Absol!" Leanne waved to Olivia as she walked away.

Leanne sighed. Should she go back in the house and face him? It's not like she has anywhere else she could go. Leanne inhaled and exhaled deep breaths and walked inside. Nanu was sitting on the couch with an Alolan Meowth in his lap. He was slowly stroking its purplish-silver fur. He looked up and made eye contact with Leanne.

"Look, I…." Nanu trailed off and scratched his head.

Leanne looked at Nanu with a blank uninterested stare. Her dark brown eyes glazed over.

Nanu sighed, "Do.. Do you want to go to the policeman's ball with me?"

"I'm not a second choice. I'm a first choice or nothing. I've been throwing out signs this whole damn time. If you're not interested, that's fine. You you're not obligated to feel the same…. just tell me."

Nanu got up grabbed Leanne's hands and looked her in the eyes. Leanne's face turned beet red. It felt like those beautiful red eyes were staring straight into her soul. He smirked at her.

"I chose you." Nanu said, and kissed Leanne. He grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to him.

Leanne felt like she was melting. The spark between them strong enough to become a thunderbolt.

Nanu then put his hand on the side of her face and looked her in the eyes. Leanne was shocked and speechless. This wasn't the Nanu SHE knew. She wanted to ask him, who he was and what he did with the REAL Nanu.

"So… what do you say?"

"Of course I'll go with you." Leanne said grinning ear to ear, beaming like a schoolgirl.

"That's a good girl…" Nanu rubbed the back of his palm on her face and smirked again at her.

Leanne felt like she was paralyzed. Frozen in shock, if you will. She couldn't move. Suddenly, Nanu's phone started ringing. He looked over at his phone on the counter, it was practically ringing off the hook. It was work's ringtone.

"Arceus…. Talk about bad timing." Nanu sighed and walked over to pick up the phone.

"Yeah?" Said an apathetic Nanu.

"I need you to report to headquarters ASAP. Ultra Beasts have been popping up everywhere and we need to contain them." It was the chief of police.

"Oh yeah… I forgot to call, I think I encountered that Guzzlord thing just alittle while ago."

"WHAT?! AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ANYONE!?" Screamed the Chief.

Nanu looked over to Leanne, who was still frozen in shock. "Sorry Chief, I got alittle, uh, caught up with something."

"Just get here ASAP." Click! The chief hung up.

Nanu sighed and turned to Leanne, "So looks like duty calls. They want me to help hunt Ultra Beasts. Stay here, don't go anywhere. It's not safe."

Leanne looked Nanu dead in the eye, "I'm not letting you go alone. I caught a new Pokémon with Olivia. It's really strong. I don't want anything to happen to you like last time. Please, let me come."

"Look girlie, maybe I didn't explain the risks. You could end up getting sucked back into the wormhole and getting stuck there forever. Or even worse, you could die."

Leanne looked Nanu dead in the eye, "That's a risk I'm willing to take."

Nanu was taken back by this. Last time he tried to get her to tangle with the ultra beasts and wormholes she said she never would. Is she really doing this all for me?

Nanu looked at Leanne with reluctance, "...Fine. You can come. But don't leave my side. Got it?"

Little did Nanu know, much down the line, that decision to let her come, would haunt him forever. Leanne and Nanu hopped in his truck and took off towards the International Police Headquarters. As they traveled there the sky got darker and darker. Something was just not right. As they pulled into the international police headquarters, the sky turned pitch black. Agent Looker was outside waiting for them in the parking lot.

Looker turned to Nanu, "Ah! Nanu! Impeccable timing as always! I fret that this is the end time, should we not be able to neutralize this threat!"
    He looked over and saw Leanne, "Ah! And I see you have brought young Leanne with you! That should draw out the Ultra Beasts since she's the faller! We have reports that the ultra beast known as Nihlego has been spotted here in these woods behind us. Come, we must head there with haste!"

Leanne raised an eyebrow and furroughed her brow with a puzzled look on her face. What did he just call her? A faller? Leanne and Nanu followed Looker through the wooded area. Unlike the last time they had went through, there was no Pokémon around. They all appeared to be scared off by something. It was eerie how quiet it was. This whole thing felt like a setup for a horror movie Leanne thought to herself. As they headed through the woods Looker stopped in his tracks. Leanne saw it too, her face turned pale. It was the creature she saw in the ultra wormhole all those weeks ago. Leanne gulped, and threw out a Pokeball containing her newly caught Absol. Nanu threw out a Pokeball and out came his Persian. The giant Jellyfish beast let out a loud cry before it began the battle.

So I decided to end this chapter on a cliffhanger. Will this be it for Leanne? Who knows.

Years
  • The faller chapter 12: Looker's fate:

Leanne stood frozen in fear in front of the giant jellyfish looking beast in front of her. Her Absol turned towards her seeking battle instructions. Leanne shook her head and snapped out of it. This was the same creature that's chased her in the ultra wormhole the first time she was sure of it.

"Absol use Bite!" Leanne commanded

Absol charged towards Nihlego and bit it fiercely in one of its tentacles and it flinched in pain. Nihlego swooped one of it's gigantic tentacles towards Absol knocking it several feet in the air. Absol plummeted to the ground badly damaged by the attack. Leanne called Absol back into its pokeball. Nanu sighed. He knew she wasn't ready to handle this. He threw out a Pokeball and out came his Alolan Persian.

"Persian, black hole eclipse!" Nanu shouted.

Nanu began a strange dance that Leanne hadn't seen him do before. It puzzled her why he'd be dancing at a time like this. After he finished the dance, a strange power emitted from the bracelet he always wore, and his necklace with the black stone on it began shaking. All of the sudden, Nanu and Persian glowed with a strange dark energy. Persian charged towards Nihlego and a black hole appeared in the sky. The black hole swallowed Nihlego and spit it back out, badly damaging it.

Nihlego began charging towards Leanne. It picked her up in one of it's tentacles.

"You're not taking her you bastard!! Over my dead body!" Nanu shouted towards the beast.

Nanu and Persian rushed towards the beast.

"Perisan Dark Pulse now!!" Nanu shoutedin a panic.

Persian hurriedly let out a wave of pulsating dark energy and aimed it towards Nihlego. It missed it by inches.

"Persian Dark Pulse again!!"

Persian again emitted a large pulsating wave of dark energy and aimed it towards Nihlego. It hit it head on. Nihlego cried out in pain and dropped Leanne on the ground. Nihlego then emitted a wave of dark sludge and aimed it towards Perisan. It hit Persian and it collapsed from the damage it took. Nanu called Persian back into its Pokeball. He then threw out another Pokeball, out came Nanu's Krookodile.

"Krookodile Thunder Fang now!" Commanded Nanu.

Krookodile rushed towards Nihlego and bit it while emitting thunder from its enormous teeth. Nihlego cried out again in pain, and retreated. The giant beast teleported out of sight. Nanu then called Krookodile back into it's ball. Nanu rushed towards Leanne. His brow furroughed with apparent concern for her. Nanu looked around but couldn't find Looker anywhere. They must've lost him in the chase. Oh well, he'd deal with that later. One problem at a time.

"You okay?"

Leanne cringed in pain, "Yeah…. it was just a really far drop, I think he screwed up my neck."

Before Leanne could get another word out Nanu picked her up and carried her. Leanne was usually the self suffice type. She didn't usually need or want anyone to come and save her. After all, she was a cop in the most dangerous city in the United States. Leanne huffed, she had mixed feelings about Nanu saving her then carrying her around. Although after that fall, walking would be pretty painful.

Nanu smirked, "You don't gotta act so tough all the time. You know?"

Leanne rolled her eyes, "I don't know what you're talking about." She said sarcastically. Although getting saved and carried wasn't her style, she didn't mind all that much. Because it was him. As Leanne put her head on Nanu's chest she could smell the last cigarette he had and the cheap cologne he had been wearing. It was rather minty. Nanu scanned the area looking for any sign of Looker, no luck. He wasn't even quite sure where he was. He didn't usually venture this deep into the wooded area behind HQ. He also left his cell phone in the truck, like a dumbass. His eyes kept darting back and forth, simultaneously scanning for any wild Pokémon that might attack. He found a stump and slowly set Leanne down and sat down himself.

Nanu dug in his pocket and pulled out a lighter and a cigarette. He put the cigarette in his mouth, lit it, and took a puff.

Leanne scowled at him, "That's such a nasty habit. That stuff kills, ya know?"

"Not soon enough…" Said Nanu as he took another puff.

"You didn't have to carry me, I could've walked…"

"You don't have to play tough all the time. It's okay to let your guard down every once in awhile." Nanu chuckled.

Leanne rolled her eyes at him, "Shouldn't we be looking for Looker? We lost him awhile ago."

Nanu sighed and got up, "Can you walk?" He then flicked his cigarette butt on the ground.

Leanne still in pain managed to get up, "Yeah, let's go."

As they progressed through the densely wooded area they still saw no signs of Looker. Both hoping that they'd find him alive and not as a corpse. Nanu stopped dead in his tracks. Looker's brown overcoat was on the ground. It appeared to have been torn up, perhaps by a Pokémon. He picked it up and noticed footprints big enough to be Looker's heading west. As he followed the tracks he got a bad feeling in the pit of his gut, and it wasn't from bad sushi.

They then heard a loud roar from what appeared to be a Pokémon. They took off running towards it in hopes of finding Looker. All of the sudden they came face to face with a giant Bewear. Nanu threw out a Pokeball and out came Persian.

"Persian use Power Gem now!" Nanu shouted.

Persian's gem on it's head began to glow brightly and it emitted a purple wave of energy towards Bewear. It hit Bewear doing quite a bit of damage. Bewear then used Hammer Arm on Persian and smacked its gigantic arm down its mid section doing significant damage.

"Persian Black Hole Eclipse now!" shouted Nanu.

Persian opened up a giant black hole in the air that sucked Bewear it and spit it right back out. Bewear was knocked out. Nanu called Persian back into it's Pokeball. It was possible that Bewear ate and or killed Looker, although he hoped this wasn't the case.

"Come on, let's keep looking, follow me." Nanu shoved his hands in his pockets.

Leanne grabbed onto Nanu's arm, and he blushed. She then smiled at him. As scary as all of this was in this world, she was still happy she found him. Her life and fiancé back in her world was less than stellar. As they were walking they found a cave and headed inside. This was likely the cave Bewear was staying in due to all the berries, honey and other food stored in it. In the cave lay an unconscious Looker, beaten and battered. Nanu shook him to try to wake him up, no luck. He then tried to feel for his pulse. He still had one he was alive, but in bad shape.

"Here, you pick up his feet, I'll take his…." Before Nanu could finish, Leanne picked Looker up like it was nothing and threw him over her shoulder.

Nanu stood there with his eyebrows raised and obvious shock on his face.

Leanne smiled at him, "I was a power lifter back home, this is nothing."

Leanne and Nanu trudged on through the forest. It was getting dark out, so they had to move fast. Neither one of them particularly knowing where they were going. It seemed like they were walking in circles. They were both getting increasingly tired and hungry. Even though Leanne knew she was strong, she didn't know how much long she could carry Looker on her back. They had to get out of there though ASAP, for Looker's sake. Nanu sighed, they were definitely going in circles. He threw out a Pokeball and out came Honchcrow. He ordered it to fly up above the trees and show them which way was the way out. Honchcrow soared up high and was able to see the way out. It swooped back down and Nanu and Leanne followed it as it lead them out of the forest.

In the distance they began to see Headquarters. Leanne let out a sigh of relief. Thank god, Looker was starting to get heavy. Must be all those Malasadas he eats. She hated how useless she was back there. Her Pokémon battling skills were subpar, and she knew she had to get better. She couldn't always rely on someone like Nanu or Olivia saving her. One of these days she might be actually screwed.

As they approached Nanu's truck, Leanne carefully placed looked in the backseat. They both got in and drove as fast as possible to the hospital. Nanu had to be going atleast 90 Down the road, Leanne thought to herself. As they neared the hospital a wild Stufful walked in front of the truck as they were driving.

"WHACK!"

It got hit head on. Nanu slammed on his breaks and got out.

"This is the last damn thing I need…" he mumbled.

He looked at the injured Pokémon. It appeared to still be alive, albeit barely. It was bleeding, bad. Nanu turned to Leanne. He crossed his arms and sighed.

"There's a Pokémon center a quarter mile down the road the other way, I guess I have no choice but to take you there." Nanu carefully picked up the injured Stufful in his arms and got back into the truck. He handed it to Leanne as he drove. Leanne looked over to Looker, he kept getting more and more pale. He looked like he was running out of time.

Nanu pulled up to the Pokémon center with a screeching halt. Leanne ran out of the truck into the Pokémon center with Stufful in her arms. Nurse joy looked over to her, horrified at the sight of the mangled creature. She immedately put Stufful on a gurney and rushed it back into the E.R room. Leanne felt someone had to stay there with the injured Stufful. Leanne ran back out to the truck.

"Hey.. I think I'm gonna stay here with this little guy… I'll walk to the hospital when I'm done. I promise, okay?" Leanne was torn between being there for this Pokémon and being there for Looker. But, she felt an instant connection to Stufful for some odd reason.

Nanu raised an eyebrow, "Alright, but meet me back at the hospital whenever it gets patched up… if it gets patched up… I'm not sure if Looker will make it.."

Leanne nodded at Nanu and he drove off.

Leanne went back in the Pokémon center and waited in the waiting room. Eagerly awaiting the news of poor Stufful.

Nanu pulled into the hospital parking lot and carried Looker on his back into the hospital. A nurse immediately rushed up to them.

"Oh my god! What happened?!" The nurse said in a panic.

"He got attacked by a Pokémon… he's alive but just barely."

The nurse took Looker and immediately rushed him to the I.C.U. Nanu followed not far behind. What a terrible day this has been, he thought to himself

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • All right, catch up time!

So, I checked real quick if Pikipek can learn Ember, and at least in Gen 7 they actaully can't. I'm assuming you thought that due to Toucannon's signature move Beak Blast, but yeah thought I should point that out.

I feel that's a bit of a sleazy move of Nanu to ask Olivia out to the ball, and then changes his mind and asks Leanne instead. Nanu does know Olivia longer so it makes more sense for him to ask her. But hey, at least now both his and Leanne's feelings are reconciled.

Hm, I feel Guzzlord's entrance was a bit underwhelming. Just a few attacks from Persian and then the big guy disappears. I thought there would be some struggle and more reaction/emotions from Nanu. You did better with his reactions when Nihlego appeared.

Yikes over Looker. Hopefully he's all right.

Years
  • To be honest with you, I'm highly considering rewriting all the chapters to add more detail and make them much better. I've been reading a lot of fanfics, (yours included, it's really good!) and most are much better written than mine. Which is no surprise as I haven't written a thing in about a decade. But yeah I want to rework my chapters and make them better/more detailed/ more accurate.

All right, catch up time!

So, I checked real quick if Pikipek can learn Ember, and at least in Gen 7 they actaully can't. I'm assuming you thought that due to Toucannon's signature move Beak Blast, but yeah thought I should point that out.

I feel that's a bit of a sleazy move of Nanu to ask Olivia out to the ball, and then changes his mind and asks Leanne instead. Nanu does know Olivia longer so it makes more sense for him to ask her. But hey, at least now both his and Leanne's feelings are reconciled.

Hm, I feel Guzzlord's entrance was a bit underwhelming. Just a few attacks from Persian and then the big guy disappears. I thought there would be some struggle and more reaction/emotions from Nanu. You did better with his reactions when Nihlego appeared.

Yikes over Looker. Hopefully he's all right.

Bay

Years
  • To be honest with you, I'm highly considering rewriting all the chapters to add more detail and make them much better. I've been reading a lot of fanfics, (yours included, it's really good!) and most are much better written than mine. Which is no surprise as I haven't written a thing in about a decade. But yeah I want to rework my chapters and make them better/more detailed/ more accurate.

Oh I'm flattered to hear that you thought my story was good! If you have more thoughts on what you've read so far, don't be shy on commenting in the thread! And I wish you luck on rewriting the chapters! If you need a second opinion or such, I don't mind helping!

Back