• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New member!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Welcome! I've also been a fan since Gen 1, seems like it was just yesterday for me. Have you been keeping up with the news for the newest games?

Years
  • Welcome! I've also been a fan since Gen 1, seems like it was just yesterday for me. Have you been keeping up with the news for the newest games?

For the Switch? Kind of. I don't have the money to buy a new Pokemon Game, so I haven't been watching that closely. It seems that 3 Pokemon games will be coming out to the Switch, but I'm likely mistaken about that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Do you mean you got to play them at the time of Gen 1, with a Gameboy and everything?

I've played them all too, but it wasn't until much later with an emulator. If you're that hardcore, haha, that's impressive!
    Hopefully you can save up for the Switch version too and continue your streak!

And have a lot of fun here! Welcome!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey there! Welcome to PC! If you've been a fan since Gen 1 I'm sure you have a favorite gen 1 pokemon? Tell!

Years
  • Do you mean you got to play them at the time of Gen 1, with a Gameboy and everything?

I've played them all too, but it wasn't until much later with an emulator. If you're that hardcore, haha, that's impressive!
    Hopefully you can save up for the Switch version too and continue your streak!

And have a lot of fun here! Welcome!

I was born in 1993, so I did play it with a Gameboy Color. I had the green one, and my sister had a the purple one. The first Pokemon Game I got was from my younger cousin, which was Pokemon Red.

My sister and I owned Pokemon Red, Pokemon Blue, and Pokemon Yellow. I also owned some Pokemon cards and the Pokemon Card Game for Gameboy Color. I did play Pokemon Stadium, but I never owned it, and we had to use rental Pokemon. I don't think my friends had the pack to transfer your Gen 1 pokemon over.

Finally, I played the Pokemon Pinball game for the Gameboy Color.

I wouldn't call myself hardcore. XD I skipped Gen 2, because, at the time, I didn't see any reason to play it. I was still trying to collect all the Pokemon from the first Gen.

I skipped most of Gen 3, but I did play Pokemon Colosseum as I did have a Gamecube.

I got really into Gen 4 with Pokemon Diamond. It was when Competitive battling and online play game about, and I loved it. It was also my first Pokemon handheld game in awhile, and one that allowed you to pick your character, so I picked Dawn.

I couldn't play Gen 5-7. Gen 5 came out near the end of my time in Highschool. And for Gen 5 onwards, either my parents or I lacked the money to buy the newer Pokemon games.

If I couldn't play it on my DS Lite, then I didn't play it.

I own Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue, and I believe I still have the VHS tape (yes, I am showing my age) that I used to record the first episode of Pokemon Mystery dungeon. I really wish Pokemon Mystery dungeon was its own TV series. Waking up as a Pokemon, come up! We have all dreamed about that! I know the episodes were just promotions for the Games, but it would still be nice.

Finally, I own Pokemon Conquest. Fun game. I actually won one level by using mostly Magikarp (It was time consuming, and it involved using the environment to my advantage).

I used to own Pokemon 2000 on VHS, but my parents threw it out when we switched from a VHS to a DVD player.

I used to own the Pokemon board game: Master trainer, but we had to throw it out because the basement got flooded.

I've been playing Pokemon Showdown (I used to play Pokemon Smogon, before it was switched over to Pokemon Showdown). My avatar is Cynthia (Best Champion! :D)

She

is home
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2018
    MortalPhoenix here. I have been a Pokemon fan since Gen 1. Ask away.

hello hello and welcome :)
    Gen 1 is a good memories. I used to play it again and again. Btw, would you tell us more about yourself, hun? :)

Years
  • hello hello and welcome :)
    Gen 1 is a good memories. I used to play it again and again. Btw, would you tell us more about yourself, hun? :)

I wouldn't mind, but I don't know what there is to talk about me. I mean, I am 24 years old and I'm from the USA.

Years
  • welcome to the website ^_^ are you planning on getting the nintendo switch and games?

I'm not against it, but it isn't my top priority. I'm more focused on paying off my Student loans, but I could put a few dollars away each week to save up to get one.

Back